Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

TheM 37 Comments

As you all should probably know by now one thing we love most about our community is your involvement and interaction. Thousands of you have taken the time to vote for and rate horror films that you have seen. As a result our Top Horror Films list contains over 18,000 votes giving everyone a strong look at what horror fans consider the best and worst when it comes to horror.

I wanted to take a minute and share a different kind of list then we normally would. Typically we focus on the Top 10 and certainly there is nothing wrong with that but right now I want to look at the Most Watched Horror Films as of March 2011. Below is the 10 Most Watched Horror Films regardless of how good they may or may not be.

#1) The Crazies (2010 )- 65% of Fans liked it. I am a huge George Romero fan and I have to sadly admit that I have never seen the original. I am not by any stretch a fan of Timothy Olyphants but must confess that his work in the sequel was fantastic. True to a classic romero film this remake pays tribute to the original, the social message while still keeping it interesting and fast paced. The Crazies is easily one of my favorite horror films of 2010 and I am not alone. You the readers voted it the 9th best horror film of 2010.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#2) The Human Centipede – 64% of Horror Fans Liked it: Human Centipede is many things and weird would be high up on the list. Its a foreign horror film that focuses on a mad doctor with a fascination with conjoined twins and worse. Easily one of the creepiest films of 2010 its also one of the most creative. This film despite getting a very limited release and then dumped direct to dvd still managed to be one of the most watched horror films and landed at #13 on the top horror films of 2010.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#3) Halloween 1978 – 85% of Horror Fans liked it: Honestly how can you not love a classic horror film like Halloween? This is an absolute classic horror film and a testament to all things that were right about the horror genre in the 70’s. This film not only lands as the #3 most watched horror film but it also landed #3 on the Best Horror Film of all time list. If you have not seen this movie you better ask yourself why.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#4) A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) – 52% of Horror Fans liked it. Frankly I have very little to say about this one. I am not against remakes as a rule in fact I have enjoyed a few of them including the Dawn of the Dead remake and the remake of The Crazies. The fact it has a 52% approval rating says it all. Almost half our readers did not like it. That said it was promoted well enough that it was the #4 most watched horror film so far. I saw the movie but never made it to the end I turned it off about halfway through.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#5) Piranha (2010) – 70% of Horror Fans liked it: James Cameron thought this movie was a disgrace to 3D but genre fans definitely did not agree at all. It is not only the 5th most watched horror films by fans it also landed as the #2 horror film of 2010. A remake of the classic Roger Corman film it is a must see for fans of b-movie horror. Can you really go wrong with hot chicks, and killer fish? I think not.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#6) Shutter Island – 67% of Horror Fans liked it: We got alot of heat when this made a variety of our staff picks for Best film of 2010 but regardless enough of you saw it to make it land at number six most watched horror film of all time. Clearly this is more thriller then horror but I think this is easily one of the best thrillers to get puked out of the Hollywood machine in a very long time. Great casting an outstanding director and a twist ending that sticks with you long after the film ends. Shutter Island also has the distinction of being #7 on the Top horror films of 2010 list.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#7) Dawn of the Dead (1978) – 85% of Horror Fans Liked it: George Romero is simply put the man. He for me is the father of modern zombie films and defined great filmmaking with a social message, great scripts and balls to the walls gore and violence but with a powerful human story. Gore for the sake of gore is not Romero’s style but he is certainly not afraid to rip things up. George Romero has had some recent failures but that doesnt make him any less a master of horror. Dawn of the Dead is not only the 7th most watched horror film of all time but it is also according to your votes the 5th best horror film of all time.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#8) Trick R Treat (2009) – 81% of Horror Fans Liked It: Trick R Treat was treated completely without respect by the studio that released it. They had a masterpiece in their hands and rather then throwing it into theaters they dumped it onto DVD. Trick r Treat is the greatest horror anthology since Creepshow and with 81% of horror fans loving this film it is clearly must see horror. Trick R Treat is also the Top rated horror film of 2009 beating out big name theatrical releases including Zombieland and Drag Me To Hell.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#9 Predators (2010) – 65% of Horror Fans Liked it : Robert Rodriguez got all the glory but Nimrod Antal directed this project which got a very mixed reaction from horror fans. It is the 9th most watched horror film of all time as of today and 65% of horror fans like it which is by no means horrible but certainly not going to make it win any awards with fans. I for one loved this movie for what it was an action packed scifi adventure with my favorite killer from another universe, The Predator. I watched this movie three times the week that I bought it that is how much I enjoyed it and that for me is extremely rare.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

#10) The Thing: 80% of Horror Fans Liked it. The Thing has an impressive ranking of 80% and quite frankly I think it deserves a MUCH higher ranking. The Thing is the greatest sci-fi horrro film ever made hands down. With its isolation elements, fantastic writing and great casting and lest we forget fantastic practical FX it is a true delight. Gory, well developed and intense The Thing is a movie that all fans of sci-fi terror should own! The only thing that surprises me is that The Thing is only #32 on the Top Horror Films of all time. I expected alot more of you would have voted for it and ranked it much higher.

Most Watched Horror Movies, March 2011

So there you have it the 10 Most Watched Horror Films as of March 2011. This list will change dramatically as you vote for movies you have seen. Be sure to take a minute and rate horror films you have seen and read the complete list of Most Watched Horror Films to see what else you might be missing out on.

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time Sexiest Horror Movie Victims

1. Gardenofstone10 March 19, 2011 at 3:09 am

Almost surprising, but still a good list

2. Suspiria_89 March 19, 2011 at 4:47 am

Great List. Love what you said about Trick R Treat.

3. The Creature March 19, 2011 at 4:50 am

Great job writing this artical, Meh. This is a little different from the awesome articals we usually get. The Crazies remake as number one, and I still haven’t seen it yet! You should check out the original too, Meh, I think you’d appreciate it. The flick isn’t based entirely on people going crazy (like I imagine the remake has focused more on), but its more about what the government’s true reaction would be to a deadly viral breakout in accordance to quarantine, and how they would treat the public in such a case. One of my favorite exploitation type horror gems.

4. Sapta05 March 23, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Huge surprising……………………

• Anonymous March 23, 2011 at 3:13 pm

not really its just the most watched, not the most liked :) I know I for one watch alot of stuff that ends up being complete and utter crap.

5. Andrea Isabel Mata March 28, 2011 at 2:39 am

Ive seen most of these, Human Centipede was fun. It wasn’t nearly as “gross” or “scary” as people said though, I wanted even more odd scenes. I don’t really get scared easily, or at all as a matter of fact. But yeah most of these were pretty decent. Piranha was hilarious. The Crazies was pretty awesome.

• HorrorMovies April 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm

completely agree with your comments Andrea. I still have not bothered to see Piranha 3D but otherwise i agree :)

6. Drjohnson22 March 30, 2011 at 8:21 pm

How in the world can “Dawn of the Dead” (2008?) not be #1 or 2 on this list? How can you say that this remake wasn’t all that good? Are you crazy? This is THE BEST remake EVER! HANDS DOWN! I never liked ‘slow-moving’ zombies anyway but I thank Mr. Romero for being the creator of the zombie genre! C’mon! Who’s voting for these other movies anyway? 5th graders??

• HorrorMovies April 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Johnson you missed the point on what this list is. This list is the most watched. Its not the top rated. its the most watched horror films based off all your ratings for March

7. chubungie April 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I’ve seen every movie on the list and most all were very good.

8. William Bobbitt April 14, 2011 at 12:31 am

Centipede was to much for me to handle, the faces to asses not for me. To much and movie sucked totally.

9. DanofDarkness May 6, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I’d never heard of Trick ‘R Treat until I found this website, which was by accident – a happy accident :) And I can’t agree more. What a disservice to the film, the players, and the audience, that this movie didn’t get the wide release it SO deserved. Here’s hoping they smarten up and do a special run in select theaters during the month of October. That movie has “cult classic” written all over it.

10. lacoste polo shirt May 26, 2011 at 3:09 am

thanks for your sharing.i will learn it seriously.very useful.

11. Rameloblj1104 May 27, 2011 at 2:55 am

when is: Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark coming out on DVD, along with The Ward?

12. BVB_kamii_ETF May 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm

the only one i’ve seen is Shutter Island. some of them i would like to see. Pirana does not look good whatsoever along with Human Centipede. what’s up with the heads in asses on the Human Centipede?!

13. AriesGirlie June 15, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Agree on The Thing – THE best horror/sci-fi movie EVER!!!  Do you think that thing wants to be dogs?!

14. Adnanihsan345 July 16, 2011 at 5:56 am

no any best movie in this site

15. AriesGirly July 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Adnanihsan345 – have you watched “The Thing”?

16. ROHITRAJ SHARMA25 July 24, 2011 at 9:17 am

COOL

17. Moter33 July 28, 2011 at 3:25 am

The ”Thing”  Was just great i first saw it saw it when i was young…. it still creeps me the hell out :S

18. AriesGirlie July 28, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I watched it when I was young too and then, no lie, the power went off, let’s just say I was beyond freaked out and it didn’t come on for hours, I can still remember my cat trying to get into my room and me not letting her in – I knew it wasn’t her!!!  :  )

19. Anonymous August 3, 2011 at 3:57 pm

And this one is truly looking just great source to know about the best watched horror movies. And according to me, Shutter Island and Predators are really the mind blowing movies to see. Thanks for sharing some fabulous information about it.

wall calendar printing

20. Aaron Matthews August 20, 2011 at 6:14 am

I am quite surprised that there are some great movies on this list. nice list for a change.

21. rajesh September 2, 2011 at 7:52 am

GOOD WEBSITE WITH GOOD CONTENT , PLZ SEND THIS ON MY MAIL , I REALLY LIKE IT

FREE HORROR MOVIES

22. Nitinsingh9450 September 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm

PLS SEND ME GOOD WEB SIT I REALLY LIKE IT

23. Kzintichmee September 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I whole heartedly agree about John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’. My favourite movie, period. Should be Number One. I liked ‘The Crazies’ a lot too. Sadly I have not seen the original.

24. Jeff McMahon September 9, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I thought Trick R Treat was disappointing and disjoined. Definitely not a ‘masterpiece’.

25. Hamzakhann79 October 15, 2011 at 8:36 pm

vary vary bast movier

26. Steven October 23, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I just dont know if I have the stomach to watch Human Centipede.  The other’s are great, except for Trick R Treat because I have not seen it yet, but I will before this halloween season is up.  Thanks for the great list.

Steven

27. Charlie Ford October 28, 2011 at 8:14 pm

A great movie to catch for horror fans is one called “Grave Encounters”, i am a big horror lover and haven’t been able to find a movie that stands out to me lately until i watched this, it takes the best part of Blair witch project and paranormal activity and combines them both to make a great horror release. i recommend that if you love horror and being spooked you give it a watch.

28. Atonmoy53 October 31, 2011 at 5:46 pm

The Human Centipede i just lobe this move …………………………….

29. Bigmanoncampus5 November 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Trick R Treat was really scary, The ghosts of those costumed kids really creeped me out

30. Anonymous November 17, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I was just watching this on http://watchitonline.ch/ ! It’s really cool, my recommendation :)

31. Stacy Buchanan December 14, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I heard a rumor that Trick r Treat was going to be turned into a franchise.

32. Adnanihsan Adnan December 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm

some one i like it

33. Anonymous January 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I think all movie sites try to mention the mainstream movies in reviews so of course they would not be the best movies but more like the most popular. I think the http://www.logs.tv movie reviews and movies are much better really.

34. John February 1, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Zeeshan javaid,
        Well i dont tink that the alll movies are good
        but most of them i like .and i hope in 2012 good movies are to be made.