Mortal Kombat Movie Sequels A Go!

Chris Savage

I’m sure you guys remember the Mortal Kombat films? If you was a die-hard fan I’m sure you loved them but for others they kind of missed the mark.

Anyway the long awaited Mortal Kombat film may actually be moving forward as according to Variety Warner Bros. is pairing the franchise creator Ed Boon with Kevin Tancharoen to helm the reboot. Martin Tremblay, president of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment says. “It’s important to have the creator of the game involved,

Now the biggest news for me is Wraner Bros. are looking to adapt other Midway games into feature films such as Space Invaders and one of my all time favourites Rampage!

If they are going to make Rampage they need to have giant monsters actually eating people, physically reaching down to pick up a snack just like in the classic game.

As we know video game adaptations hardly ever work but hopefully Warner Bros. can pull these off.

1. NoMoreBadMovies April 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm

why?

2. KLKLKLKL April 25, 2011 at 7:04 pm

we get a web-series and a movie of Mortal Kombat. cool

3. Probablynotagoodsign April 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I hope that the team behind the web-series will be involved.

4. Dennis Francis April 26, 2011 at 12:39 am

I only want to see it if its made by the same crew of the web series. As for a Space Invaders movie.

5. DericMyers April 26, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Wasn’t there already a Space Invaders movie? Back in the late 80s/early 90s. It probably didn’t have anything to do with the game, but I always thought it did when I was a kid.

• Deth_Banger April 26, 2011 at 4:42 pm

You would be right! I think back in 1990 it was titled Spaced Invaders, didn’t really have anything to do with the game just a similar name. Check out this early TV spot, may bring back some memories 😀 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BccXNkxvXo&feature=related

6. BuffyTheVampireSlayer(: April 27, 2011 at 4:05 pm

The first MK film = great. The sequel = not so much. I hope they can do this one right!

7. Anonymous November 17, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I was just watching this on http://watchitonline.ch/ ! It’s really cool, my recommendation :)