Scream 4 Billboard Sparks Parents Anger

Chris Savage

Here we are again someone bringing up a pointless complaint against us horror fans. But anyway according to the guys over at The Herald Sun a couple of mothers at Albert Park primary have said the Scream 4 billboard by their school terrifies their kids.

Okay fair enough, it is kind of the wrong place to advertise a horror film, but surely these kids have seen Halloween masks right? I mean that’s all is, well when I was their age I was watching horror films, I turned out okay 😀

The mother Leah Takach pictured right with her two kids has said “It is not a very nice picture. I have had to try to explain it is from a horror movie. They do tend to dwell on this kind of thing and wake up in the middle of the night frightened,”

It does seem strange that they are okay to have their picture taken in front of the infamous scary billboard, but what do I know.

Anyway the big day has nearly arrived for you Scream fans as Scream 4 hits thetares everywhere this Friday, April 15th.

1. Paul Reeves April 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Someone give this woman a hobby.

2. Gardenofstone10 April 12, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Good, they should be scared. If they aren’t scared, Ghostface might just end up at the foot of their bed!!

3. pR1m3vil April 12, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Good Lawrd lmao. God forbid they go to a walmart in October. I agree its kind of a silly place but still. Its not like theres gore, violence or sex on the poster. The mask itself isn’t even detailed or scary, just some oblong shapes and a bit of shading. Cookie monster is scarier than that shit. This reminds me of when Katy Perry was on sesame street and the episode was banned because she showed too much skin. People need to get over themselves and do parenting instead of banning/removing things they don’t want their child exposed to. Shit like this just pisses me off to no end.

4. Suspiria_89 April 12, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Give me a fucking break. Tell’em to shut up and get over it.

5. Happy Hill Productions April 12, 2011 at 9:13 pm

“It’s about the children! It’s all about the kids Damn it!” STFU!!! Like honestly the kids these days are so fucked in the head anyway a picture of Ghostface won’t cause brain damage. “I have nightmares!” Get the hell out of here, we all have nightmares just deal with them! You can’t sit there and cry and whine for days on end complaining about a dream you had. Christ, this is America and not Iraq, Freedom of Speech not Death for Speaking! America grow back your BALLS and tell this mom to suck it! I’m so sick and tired of everytime a horror movie comes out there’s that bitch or group of bitches saying it’s hurting the kids. No it’s not, YOU’RE HURTING THE KIDS! By putting your kids in a box to protect them from the outside world! I’m sorry but these stories piss me off as well!

6. Skincarver April 13, 2011 at 4:41 am

i wanna get a running start and drive both feet into the side of this womans head.not the best place for a billboard but its not like he freddy or pinhead and im sure some of the kids thinks its a sequel to scary movie instead of scream

7. chubungie April 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I can’t wait to see it! And I think all kids should be exposed to horror movies. It is the best art form there is

8. Vamp_Slayer April 13, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Agreed with Paul Reeves, she just wants her fucking 15 minutes of fame, which is actually her 15 seconds of shame. Way to go bitch.

9. pR1m3vil April 13, 2011 at 7:35 pm

^^ LOL welll said Vamp! Charlie Sheen is in the same situation

10. Yolt13 April 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm

As an aside, this is exactly why I get so surly when I visit horror movie sites where the writers/critics/bloggers do nothing but complain about the state of the horror genre today. We have enough people like the woman quoted above busting our balls and attacking our favorite genre. There’s no need for fans to turn on the genre, the filmmakers who work in it, and each other, too. We’d do well to remember this “concerned parent” the next time we feel compelled to rail on against a studio for making the umpteenth sequel or remake (no matter ho ill-advised), a director for missing the mark, or another fan for loving a movie/franchise we aren’t crazy about. Let people like Leah Takach and the mainstream talking heads who represent her do the bitching, while we enjoy celebrating the genre we love.

• HorrorMovies April 13, 2011 at 10:50 pm

i am pretty sure you appreciate the fact however that we are not sheep. We all call it how we see it and whether thats right or wrong its up to you to decide. Its all in perspective. Good points as always.

11. Yolt13 April 14, 2011 at 1:54 am

I definitely appreciate everyone’s right to have and express their own opinion, and certainly don’t expect everyone to like everything. My issue is with the choice some folks make to dwell primarily on the negative when there is so much positive about this genre… especially in light of how so many people out there (including many fans) already telling us on a daily basis why horror movies are bad.

But I digress, because this article isn’t about that topic. It’s about a crazy lady getting her picture in the paper whining about how her children can’t handle the sight of picture of a rubber Halloween mask. Sure hope she never takes her sheltered brood to McDonalds or Disney World. I shudder to think how the delicate little tykes would react to meeting a grinning clown or a six-foot rodent.

12. Anonymous November 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I was just watching this on http://watchitonline.ch/ ! It’s really cool, my recommendation :)