Scream 5 Movie Is a Go

TheM 8 Comments

Scream 5 Movie Is a GoCredit goes to JJ For this one since he posted on the boards about it and I then beat the specifics out of him. Scream 5 is a go despite early rumors [ Scream Franchise is Dead ] that the movie franchise was dead after less then impressive box office results in North America.

In an interview with MTV Harvey Weinstein one of the most powerful men in Hollywood made it clear that they are more then happy with the $91million the movie has made in the domestic and international film market and Scream 5 is still very much on the table.

Most of you probably know that in doing Scream 4 Dimension Films was planning all along a new younger take on the Scream franchise with a brand new trilogy of films. I enjoyed Scream 4 but admittedly question a Scream 5 but who am I kidding I will go see it.

My only real shock is how poorly Scream 4 has done considering how much you all seemed to love it. Just look at the poll results below. Harvey conceded in his interview with MTV that the film did not do as well as they liked in North America but considering its well on its way to pulling in over $100million they are still very much laughing all the way to the bank. Did you see Scream 4? Are you excited for Scream 5?

[poll id="3"]

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. Angusmac92 May 18, 2011 at 3:09 am

Scream of joy!

This is very good, exciting news. I love all four of the screams, and am so very glad that they are making a fifth and hopefully and sixth movie.

2. EasterBunnyKiller May 18, 2011 at 3:31 am

Maybe they’ll decide to actually have satire or wit again in 5.

3. Gardenofstone10 May 18, 2011 at 7:46 am

100 mil for a horror movie is a great accomplishment and that number will only grow larger when it hits DVD/Blu Ray in a few months here.  I look forward to a 5th

4. Ndnalmighty July 30, 2011 at 8:57 pm
      5. Grace Lettice August 3, 2011 at 1:08 am

I’m really looking forward to the 5th scream movie, i absolutely loved the last 4, and am surely lookinng forward to the 5th and maybe even a 6th one! Also hoping  the 3 main characters or least 1 one them will end up in the 5th one, they are amazing together, and it would suck to not see them in the 5 th one!!

6. Ghostface August 7, 2011 at 7:05 pm

The Scream films are the best films ever made! I can’t wait for scream 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
        And Deputy Dewey Riley is sooo sexy!!!! Even more sexy then how he is in real life ( David A )

7. reginald_wood December 28, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I thought Scream 4 was great if they had released it in October I think it would of done way better at the box office their was way to many block buster movies to compete with in the summer and with everyone on a budget these days it was gonna be hard to get people out side the Scream fan club to give this movie a chance.

8. benje February 1, 2014 at 5:46 pm

please make scream 5 i want a new trilogy so please end it at scream 6.for me ending it at scream 5 doest make any sense to me. so please surprise us with endings you wont see coming in scream 5 and scream 6 films! please do not put jill from scream 4 in it for me and other scream fans that would just ruin it for us! bringing billys dad in it would be very interesting!