Scream 4 DVD / Bluray Release Date

TheM 13 Comments

Scream 4 DVD  / Bluray Release DateRegular member JJ has just emailed in to let us know that Scream 4 has its DVD release date set according to HorrorBid.com.

They indicate that in North America it will be landing on DVD and Bluray on October 4th. In the UK it will land on DVD and Bluray at a much earlier August 8th.

There is no word yet on any of the special DVD features but I would not be surprised if it was a bare bones release considering the film did not exactly do wonders in theaters in North America.

That said it brought in over $100million total when you include international markets. Horror fans loved this movie as you can see by the poll below.

With over 1,000 votes the clear consensus is that Scream 4 has put Wes Craven back on the map!

[poll id=”3″]

Most Disturbing Horror Movies 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. Nicole Giresi Palmer June 10, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Wish is was earlier.. why do we have to wait so long!!!

2. Ron Nocella June 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm

OCTOBER?! Why the hell is the UK getting it so much earlier. I can see if it were a few days or a couple of weeks even but MONTHS?! Thats just stupid. I also really hope that it is not a bare bones DVD. Considering the price of DVDs, they need to make it worth the cash. Gimme us the alternate footage we all know about from the reshoots. Ill be happy with that. Just gimme something.

3. Gardenofstone10 June 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Can’t wait for this one, I hope it has super awesome features like I know Craven has for his movies

4. Ron Nocella June 11, 2011 at 11:25 pm

You and I both, Garden. Im also looking forward to the SCREAM documentary.

5. Lauren Alexia July 4, 2011 at 9:31 am

Finally the UK get something out before the US! Can’t wait. Hopefully in time for my birthday on the 12th!!!!

6. Josephpeters975 July 17, 2011 at 4:42 am

It releases in the US August 4th….

7. Timwalt7 July 24, 2011 at 5:27 am

I have been a fan of scream since the beginning in fact I printed out the scripts to the first to movies and a good friend of mine and I read them aloud on the bus on the way to and from school. I thought that it could not be topped til the 4th one came out and I loved it as much as I did the first. It was like falling in love with may favorite all over again. Thank u so much for making it. And if u have a fifth one BRING IT ON!!! I went to see the 4th one 3 times in the theatre. Loved it.

8. Kito619 July 26, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Well the uk is so used to waiting to after the USA for films and DVD releases it’s a welcome change to be ahead of the us! To be honest it would sell much better at Halloween in both countries but I just wish the uk was treated with the same realease dates as the us for everything! Still most players play all DVDs these days so not an issue to import I often do! Let’s hope it’s got extras but I bet that’s for a quadlillogy realease

9. dont worry bout it August 3, 2011 at 2:26 am

this is bull shit fuck all of yall

10. Brad Leeds August 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm

It is amazing and can’t wait to see it again

11. Brad Leeds August 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Wish came faster

12. Nicolewlkr666 August 16, 2011 at 3:53 am

I can’t even wait to October to get the DVD that’s not fair that the uk got it already! :(

13. rushunatendo September 25, 2011 at 12:32 am

this I think was as good as the original scream !!! they should have never released the joke of scream 3 this movie was very well done and just down right great !!! thank you for posting the release date :)