The Stand Remake Director Is A Strange Choice

Chris Savage 12 Comments Movie Page: The Stand (2014)

The Stand Remake Director Is A Strange ChoiceIts not April fools just yet folks although this latest story feels like a complete hoax. Apparently, the powers that be see fit that Affleck is the man to take on this mammoth challenge.

According to Deadline, Warner Bros. has chosen Ben Affleck to adapt and direct Stephen King’s apocalyptic book The Stand. Even king himself has had doubts of his novel being turned into a flick, yet, the studio see’s fit that Affleck is the man.

Affleck has recently became a cornerstone director for Warner Bros. with them loving him at the moment. Am i the only one that thinks this is a bad idea?

Sexiest Horror Movie Victims 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012

1. Farkinkewt October 22, 2011 at 6:05 pm

He is a great director…I hope he will do it justice, the Stand is my fav King book. Although, Frank Darabont would have been my first choice, what he did with the Mist was amazing…

• jay1967c May 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Couldn’t agree more re: Darabont.

2. Aria October 22, 2011 at 7:27 pm

His direction on Gone Baby Gone and The Town was excellent and from insider reports his new film Argo is shaping up tom be a winner – the company fronting all those millions of dollars obviously have faith in him..

3. David October 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I support it. Seems to be doing good so far.

4. Ahinesley October 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Ummm-not so sure on this one. The Stand is my favorite book, and probably my favorite TV mini series so I will be very disappointed if anyone falls short. This will be a huge undertaking-probably more in the Spielberg/Cameron/Gale Ann Hurd arena-PLEASE don’t mess it up. And how on Earth this will be compacted into a 2 hour movie without ruining the story is beyond me…I just don’t see it at this point.

5. StephaniH April 19, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I was hoping for someone like Peter Jackman who did wonders turning the Lord of the Rings trilogy into an excellent set of movies which followed closely to the books. I do have faith in Ben as a director  after seeing his other films, but this will be so much bigger and badder than his other films….Please treat it well and please make a trilogy rather than squeezing everything into a 2 hour movie. That would be a shame!!

6. Roy Dominque May 10, 2012 at 4:06 am

He is a great choice and i personally hate his face, but like buddy said THE TOWN and his other work is great besides i recently watched the stand to bring back my childhood memorys and was like WTF was that an awful piece of crap, so chEEzzy but had good traits maybe he can put a real dark feel to it besides the devil in tight jeans rockin a mullet ahh hell no we need an update…..same with the WARRIORS …but i digress any way have Faith…:)

7. paxromano May 20, 2013 at 9:24 pm

It’s got to be better than that TV movie version.

And Ben has proven, over and over, to be a pretty good director.

I wish him well.

8. Sean Carney May 20, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I will give Ben this much he is a much better director then he is an actor, but still the Stand was an epic book and TV mini series, there were many different slow plot twists, slow char growth, to make the whole epic event come together that gripped the reader/ watcher and made them personally care for every event that happened till the bitter sweet end. To try to make a 2-3 hour movie, no i am sorry just won’t work, also drawing it out into 2-3 movies has been done ie the mini series on TV, i am sorry it just won’t work, Hollywood needs to get off this friggen lets remake the shit out of anything was good long ago, there are plenty of fresh new stories out there but sadly they just want to make fast cash and don’t really care if they ruin great stories that have been wonderfully told and done.

9. Daniel May 21, 2013 at 9:22 am

As long as he does not cast himself or his brother, I think it could turn out to be a very cool movie. Though i think the movie deserves a director more aquainted with the genre, someone like Neil Marshall. I wonder what it would be like directed by Harmony Korine!!

• Daniel May 21, 2013 at 9:25 am

Or Eli Roth!!?

10. joe June 25, 2013 at 6:12 am

the stand (uncut) is my all time favorite book if ben directs it i may have to kill my self it deserves a much more experienced director keep king the hell out of it to he may be great at books but seems to ruin his own movies