First Casting News For The Maniac Remake

Chris Savage 6 Comments Movie Page: Maniac (2013)

First Casting News For The Maniac RemakeSome interesting casting news has just come in for Franck Khalfoun’s remake of William Lustig’s eighties classic, Maniac.

According to the guys over at B-D, they have exclusively heard that “Nora Arnezeder (Safe House) and Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings) have been cast as “Anna” and “Frank.”

Alexandre Aja is writing and producing the remake along with Grégory Levasseur.

Maniac followed “”a schizoid serial killer randomly stalks and kills various young women in New York, which he sees as revenge for the mistreatment he got while being raised by his own abusive mother.

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time Most Disturbing Horror Movies

1. FACT CHECK YOUR NEWS, GUYS! November 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Jesus, guys. Re-read the article at BD. Wood is to play Frank, not Anna and Frank.

The post says, “Nora Arnezeder (Safe House) and Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings) have been cast as “Anna” and “Frank”Don’t post incorrect news!

• Anonymous November 3, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Ummm are you reading something I am not? He says that Elijah is playing Frank, Nora is playing Anna. What is factually wrong about that?

• Deth_Banger November 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm

That paragraph was copied straight from Bloody-Disgusting, that’s why its in italics. Also, it seems fine be me.

2. Choptop67 November 3, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Very poor choice for Frank. Vincent Gallo would have been a perfect Frank Zito. I’m NOT too excited about this remake anymore.  ;(

• Denisecouvillon November 4, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I totally agree. VG’s stare alone transmits intense dark sexual energy.

3. Manoftomorrow79 November 4, 2011 at 5:31 am

i’d have to disagree with you Chop on Elijah i’ve seen plenty of his film over the past 20 years. I’m a fan of his work even though I haven’t seen the original. I read up on it and it seemed interesting I wonder what will be different with this remake. I believe Elijah Wood can pull it off if they make it more character based. I think it could turn out to be a really interesting film so i’m looking forward to this film.