Kevin Williamson Says No To Scream 5

Chris Savage 7 Comments

Kevin Williamson Says No To Scream 5This basically confirms what we already thought. I’m sure you remember the controversy regarding Wes Craven’s Scream 4? The whole script issue’s and what-not and the powers that be. It was pretty ugly and today, Kevin Williamson has shut the door on his involvement in the franchise.

In an interview with Assignment X via Dread Central, Kevin Williamson was talking about his show The Vampire Diaries, and in amongst all that, a question was asked if he would return for Scream 5 in which he bluntly replied;

I’m not doing it.”

And that was that. Does anyone even want a fifth Scream movie?

30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! Most Disturbing Horror Movies

1. Sam Hain March 2, 2012 at 10:19 pm

No more Scream movies.  They should have stopped at 2.

2. Paul Brown March 2, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Awww. This sucks. And I’d love more Scream movies…although it will be less exciting without Kevin. :(

3. Anonymous March 3, 2012 at 1:38 am

im actually one of the few who like the fourth installment. Much better than 3 and on par with the second one.

4. William Ryan March 3, 2012 at 8:15 am

It would be a welcome thing for me. Not getting any slashers EVER on the bigscreen anymore… :/

5. Riley Sailer March 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I liked Scream 4, more than 3 actually, but it did have it’s problems. My concern with continuing the Scream franchise would be how you keep finding people who want to kill Sidney. It’s gotten kind of ridiculous and if they continued with her story it would just be overkill. However if they started with a new cast I don’t think it would work very well either. So as cool as it was going to see a Scream movie on the big screen for the first time, it would probably be in everyone’s best interest not to have another film.

• Leanne Fanson March 9, 2012 at 9:04 am

I agree, surely there is no one left who hates Sidney that much!

I liked the 4th, apart from the long winded ending that just wouldn’t end! I liked seeing a young cast again who were actually pretty good. It was fun but I think it needs to end here before it becomes funny for the wrong reasons.

6. Anonymous March 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I vote Dewey finally gets tired of Sidney and her shenanigans and kills her. Then is a rage kills off the rest of the cast. Only to find out that The man with the hook from I Know What You Did Last Summer was the killer all along. Then they meet up for drinks at the bar, discuss their favorite kill. Then when they leave, they meet up with Sidney because she is a zombie now, thanks to the Re-Animator. And she bites Dewey. They guy with the hook summons the Djjin from Wishmaster and there is a crazy battle going on. Only to end up with everyone dead.
        Now as final scene fades to black. Freddy Krugers hand reaches out from the ground with a thumbs up.
        The End