Is Halloween Being Remade… Again!?

Chris Savage 16 Comments
Is Halloween Being Remade... Again!?

You know, I hate to say this but I’m pretty much done with the whole Halloween franchise, I mean the film has already been remade and a sequel did come to fruition, some like it while others hate it and then there is word of this Halloween 3D.

Last we heard was that the initial release date for Halloween 3D was October 16, 2012, but then that date got pulled and was stamped with the TBD sticker. That led us to believe that perhaps it had been shelved and that was the end.

Well, the folks over at B-D have learned exclusively that Dimension Films are looking to remake Halloween. Do we really need yet another remake of Halloween? And what is the deal with Halloween 3D, is that one finally dead and buried?

Its all still early days. The site also reports that Platinum Dunes are no longer involved in either the Halloween films or the looming Hellraiser reboot.

For me personally, Halloween has run its course and I just wish they would leave it as it is or I fear that they will only continue to tarnish the name, and as for the Hellraiser reboot, I just wish they would sort it out and if Pascal Laugier isn’t involved then I am out.

But what do you guys think? Do you think another remake of Halloween is worth it or are you hoping Halloween 3D actually happens? Whats your opinion on the looming Hellraiser remake?

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 Sexiest Horror Movie Victims

1. Kalyn Corrigan July 23, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I’m with you, no more Halloween remakes please! I love Rob Zombie’s remakes, but I think that there shouldn’t be any more after that. Support original horror!!!

2. Rafael Salguero July 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I wish they make another HALLOWEEN movie, with a right Director and a wright script

3. Eric Taylor July 23, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I think I’d rather see Halloween 3D because it’s impossible to be worse than the original 3rd film!!! hahahah.. but I’m still kinda 50/50 on the hellraiser reboot because I love the first 6 films to death.. and if Clive no longer has full creative control over it anymore. then I won’t even register it in my brain as actually happening, because at that point without the direction of Clive, no fan of the originals would care.

4. Don Krouskop July 23, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Here’s what I think…

HALLOWEEN is a timeless, iconic horror franchise that should continue as long as filmmakers can come up with new ways to approach the material and fans have a desire to see it go on. It shouldn’t end simply because some fans believe it’s run its course, or because they feel the last outing was a step in the wrong direction. As long as the character and concept of Michael Myers retain the power to terrify, there should be more HALLOWEEN films in development and production. I don’t believe that steak should be taken off the market just because some meat eaters are tired of having it or thought the last steak they ate was undercooked, so why would I ever feel that the millions of HALLOWEEN fans out there who want a new film should be deprived of that just to satisfy the few that don’t?

I also strongly disagree with the notion that “It has to be (insert specific filmmaker’s name) or else it won’t work!” There are thousands of talented writers and directors out there. The idea that there’s only one guy or girl in the whole world who can do the material justice (especially in the case of a long-running franchise like this one, or a filmmaker like Laugier who’s never actually made a HALLOWEEN movie) is absurd in the extreme.

5. Joe Parks July 23, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I would like to see another Halloween. And I think it will happen. Too many people were dissatisfied with Rob Zombie’s take.My guess is Malek Akkad was one of those people. IE removing all the supernatural elements surrounding Michael Myers as the ‘boogeyman’. And the horrible decision to give him a stereotypical serial killer upbringing/background. A background that felt like Devils Rejects, btw. His Halloween 2 was better , but showing Michael’s face was a mistake, beard or no. And was it just me or did he resemble  Rob Zombie himself? Fortunately the studio changed Robs original ending for the theatrical release. Zombie’s original ending was lame. My understanding is Halloween 3(D) is dead, it was to be a direct sequel to Zombie’s films , directed and written by someone else. As for Hellraiser? I haven’t liked any of the films since the 3rd. Saw all of the first 3 on the big screen. And I hate to break it to Eric, but I believe Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth was the last one over which Barker had creative control. So who cares about another Direct to video Hellraiser film? With Doug Bradley not playing Pinhead?

6. Joe Parks July 23, 2012 at 10:30 pm

PS. Its like asking who is excited about another Children of the Corn movie?

7. Natalie Amora Otenti July 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

i bet after the new texas chainsaw massacre 3d is released (which picks up after the original from the 70’s).. they will make a HALLOWEEN 3D that picks up after halloween 2 from the 80’s since a part 3 was never actually mad

8. Optimus_past_my_Prime July 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I’ve had it with remakes and sequels. Hollywood isn’t willing to take a chance on anything original because they are too afraid to lose money. Independent movies are where all the originality exists these days.

9. HorrorQueen8992 July 23, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I honestly think that they shouldn’t remake Halloween but i do think that they should make a 3rd part because of the fact that Myers had nothing to do with the original 3rd part, so they can do pretty much anything with the 3rd part. It can be a success if you have the right screenwriter and directer. As for hellraiser i think a reboot would be good just not for this year maybe in two years from now.

10. Samantha Quintana July 24, 2012 at 12:02 am

Halloween has been played out. I love the originals, and Rob Zombie’s were good, but we don’t need another one from the franchise. And do we need a 3-D version of Halloween? NO!! STOP DOING REMAKES OF MOVIES AND RUINING THE FRANCHISE!!!! And that goes for any movie. Hollywood needs to come up with new ideas, not continually do remakes, or god forbid a 6th movie in a franchise, like Scream 5, Saw 6 and the like. Keep it at 1 or 2 at the max, and then leave it alone!!

11. Nate Dunning July 24, 2012 at 1:16 am

Halloween HAS run its course and has been out of juice since 1998. It’s that simple. It’s not an opinion, it’s a very real fact. If they continue to do Halloween films go back to the original series. Building up another franchise, as they are doing with Zombie’s films, is a disgrace to the franchise and us fans. For one, BOTH storylines are left open; Halloween 6 and Resurrection. Dimension took the easy way out and just remade the original. Dimenion, finish what you started, stop bull sh*tting things.

12. . July 24, 2012 at 5:29 am

Yes! Please make another Halloween movie. I was really disappointed to find out the other day that Halloween 3D (2012) was cancelled. I do not like the Rob Zombie rock n roll versions, however, I applaud Zombie for making Michael Myers bigger and stronger. The ending of his “Halloween” left me wanting more.
          Now if we could get back to the John Carpenter way of filming and using suspense and surprise, it would be fun again.
          I guess we won’t have a new “Friday the 13th” or a new “Poltergeist” for 2013, so bring on Halloween Eleven for 2013.

13. Joshua Wiles August 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Malek Akkad needs to buy the rights back from the Weinstein’s. I’ve had enough of their crap. They suck and they don’t listen to the fans or allow the the director to make the movie he wants. The only way I would support a remake is if those idiots weren’t involved. I’ve been a hardcore Halloween fan since I was six, but enough is enough.

14. Charlie Christman January 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm

To me your not a true halloween fan if you wish they would leave it alone. Its time to do a Halloween film for the fans. It was clear that zombie was in it to please his own self and saying screw the fans….Part 2 was a clear disaster and everyone knew that…. The true Michael Myers will have his day once again at the movies…its just a matter of when..

15. nakeilia tolton June 23, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I think they should just leave it the way it is but to remake the third and let it be

16. maximilian.sadowski May 5, 2014 at 10:09 am

I think they should definitely remake Halloween with a way better movie director and keep it original like dimension films way. I think rob zombie totally ruined Halloween and I don’t think your a true fan if you think the zombie films were good. They were terrible in so many ways. Just the way Dr. Loomis was in the remakes was bad. He’s supposed to be the guy that pursues to stop Michael myers not some author chasing fame. I could go on and on about how rob zombie simply can’t make good horror films. I give him credit for devils rejects but other than that he should just stick to making music. As for Halloween they should remake it completely all over again. I personally feel that It can be done way better and kept how it originally was just with a touch up of the new technology. I think they should just leave the mask alone not make it extra graphic stitched up. Keep his jump suit maybe add something new like a hoodie jacket or something that looks a tad bit modern. I like the direction they were going in Halloween 6 explaining the tattoo and the cult he was apart of and why he was killing off the myers bloodline. I definitely think if they remade Halloween again they should kind of merge the original stories of the Halloween 1 2 4 5 and 6 kind of like they did with the Friday the 13th remake. For instance. This Halloween remake will explain Laurie strode and how he killed off his sister and then he escapes and kills off all the friends of strode. Then next thing you know Laurie is in the hospital like the original Halloween 2. So it’s like the beginning of this remake should explain his curse you know the tattoo and everything and quick cut scenes of him murdering his sister being institutionalized him escaping then killing off all the strode friends then finding Laurie strode Attempting to kill her and then Dr. Loomis shoots him. And then the movie starts with strode in the hospital. So it’s like you knocked out the first two in one. I definitely think they should keep the tattoo he had in the original 5 and 6 and the whole cult thing. I don’t know maybe I could remake it because I believe I’d give the Halloween fans what they want. And I know my ideas on the remake a lot of you would agree that my way is the true way it should have been done.