Lionsgate Looking to Reboot the Saw Franchise?

Chris Savage 6 Comments

Lionsgate Looking to Reboot the Saw Franchise?I love this genre and all, and I hate to be the one that moans, but damn. There are a slew of independent filmmakers out there with ideas of absolute gold, but instead studios decide to take the ‘safe’ route of rebooting or remaking established names. Its just a shame that such talent goes to waste.

Anyway, back to the news story. For now I insist that you take this with a grain of salt. The guys over at B-D have exclusively learned that Lionsgate is tinkering with the idea to reboot the Saw franchise.

Apparently, Lionsgate have decided to instead reboot the Saw franchise rather than rebooting Twilight, that the site previously reported.

Nothing has been made official and everything at this time is simply in an infant stage. The site also insists that an eighth installment isn’t out of the cards either, so either way more Saw is on the horizon.

At this time it is anyone’s game, but I ask you, do you want more Saw, even if it is a reboot?

Sexiest Horror Movie Victims Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time

1. TheDude August 7, 2012 at 4:05 pm

No reboot!! I would much rather see a Saw 8

2. Optimus_past_my_Prime August 7, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Enough with the reboots, remakes and sequels already! It’s like being expected to eat nothing but peanut butter sandwiches every day where the only option for something different is either crunchy or smooth. I’ve lost all hope in the Hollywood money machine and look solely to independent features for originality.

3. thesinisteredge August 7, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Not only is this a terrible idea. The franchise alone was garbage. Sadly this world has come to terrible movie plots and excessive sequels. Seriously, if Jigsaw winds up in space….grrr

4. Natalie Amora Otenti August 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

NO!! saw is a thing of the past! let it rest!

5. Kyle Styres August 7, 2012 at 8:18 pm

why not a reboot…all ppl watch it for is the gruesome kills with the preposterous different machines

6. chubungie August 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I think they should just move forward, to try to reboot anything