Will There Be a Phantasm 5? Don Coscarelli Speaks!

Chris Savage 24 Comments

Will There Be a Phantasm 5? Don Coscarelli Speaks!I am pretty sure you guys are sick to death of all the Phantasm 5 rumors? I know I am. You may remember back in June when Dread Central reported that Phantasm 5 was expected to begin filming with a completed script in place, and well, that turned out to be bogus. So what about this time? Might there be some life left in Phantasm after-all?

Recently the guys over at B-D had the opportunity to speak with Phantasm creator, Don Coscarelli, and of course asked the looming question, what’s the deal with Phantasm 5?

Coscarelli explains; “There’s been a lot of speculation for a lot of time. When I made ‘Phantasm 4′ I really saw it as an end. And it really was an ending of that portion. But I will tell you that I get so many questions about ‘Phantasm 5′. And no one’s talking about remakes! They want a ‘Phantasm 5′ with the original actors. All of the actors are in great shape, Angus [Scrimm] does an excellent job in ‘John.’ And I used to just dismiss the idea of ‘Phantasm 5′, but now I have to take it a little more seriously. There is a rabid fan base that will not be denied! So once I get done with this publicity thing I have to find a way to satisfy that demand!

I love the Phantasm movies, but I also know a lot of people that just don’t get them, but as a fan I would love more Phantasm, but at the same time I’m thinking, maybe we should just put this to bed once and for all. What do you guys think? Let us know below.

20 Best Horror Films of 2011 Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time

1. hans February 8, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Well phantasm 4 did npt exactly have a closed ending so I think tehre definitely should be a phantasm to end it once and for all….

• Terry February 23, 2013 at 11:07 am

I think the fans deserve a fifth Phantasm film with the original actors while they are still around and willing.

• Esau Spruill January 22, 2014 at 3:42 am

I would rather see a remake…ala Evil Dead and the newest Carrie move!!! These two flicks ROCKED!!!!

2. Nick February 23, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I love Phantasm and I loved the idea that Phantasm V was supposed to be out in 2009 as a 30th anniversary for all the actors. I don’t think the fans are owed anything because we got 4 great films out of it. I would love to see a fifth film as much as any fan but if it’s not possible and there is no funding there, then that’s ok. Maybe the fans should try and give back by setting up a Phantasm V fund through one of those sites that takes donations until they reach their expected goal. If the goal is not reached the money goes back to the donors. I would contribute to something like that.

3. Paul Moyer February 27, 2013 at 2:56 am

Phantasm 4 me has and always will be the best horror Philms of all time! To see a end to it all would suck but all good and great things must come to a end. In other words I would love to see a new and most possibly the best of the films.

4. geo. +t July 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Let phantasm die. Geoi

5. bynol August 16, 2013 at 7:39 am

I am still waiting for phantasm 5. We all need an ending for the tall man once & for all. Someone has to die, either Mike & Reggie or the tall man. This film needs its closer. Who wins, good or evil? Will we ever know!

6. mary August 19, 2013 at 9:30 am

Yes! Make a phantasm 5! I was just complaing about the crappy open ending of 4. I want to know how the tall man became what he was and who wins?!

7. joseph naes October 7, 2013 at 3:33 am

Hello I do believe we the people the fans would love too see phantasm 5 made lets get it done, with original cast.

8. mario chuppa October 7, 2013 at 5:58 am

I would love to see a phantasm 5. I agree. There must be a true ending. And I hope the film gets made

9. Chad Myrchak October 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm

I think he ended it perfectly in part 4
        With the tall man giving up on the idea of Michael And taking his gift back Leaving Michael’s death And Reggie was so much anger Goes for the final attack And gets trapped in the void for all of time If they were ever to make apart five Leave Michael and the brother out of it And have Reggie fight the tall man in a final conflict As he searches away out of the void Besides the two brothers were destined to fail But Reggie just as the Good friend Who got stuck in the middle Ice cream man turned soldier He is the true star of the phantasms So it only makes sense that he is the one to find a way to finally defeat the tall man

10. nizaam December 5, 2013 at 10:33 am

Please make a phantasam 5.the previous 4 parts has been a successful reign of horror and who can forget the TALL MAN n he’s parade of minions.PS-cpt fan

11. robert December 10, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I’m a huge fan of the phantasm series. i love all the characters. and in the horror movies in general the phantasm series is one of the only movies i know of that the winner isnt the good guy at the end. its the bad guy. Id love to see another movie maybe even where we see the ice cream man go into the portal fully. and yes im aware that when you go there the gravity changes the size of the person and thats how the bodies become those midget guys in the movie. BUT im just saying i think it would be kinda cool to maybe see the original tall man trapped by a demon that took on his form. and came to the realm of earth. or maybe show that the place he goes to in the portal is actually the future earth where if the tall man succeeds in total domination that that eerie red and brown skyed earth is what happens if the tall man succeeds. the options are limitless. either way i would love to see at least 1 or 2 more phantasm movies

12. Joe December 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Just make it, before the actors are dead, let’s go. Wasting time.

13. EthicalOne January 6, 2014 at 11:13 am

There should be a 5th one which should be the true ending.

14. Shawn January 8, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Yes. I love these movies. My favorite horror films of all time. We need closure. Please make a 5th and show us how a caring mortician became the tall man.

15. JJS January 9, 2014 at 6:56 am

Its been too long, I think the idea for a 5 should just be forgotten even though the fourth installment was unsatisfying . I think a reboot for the series would be a great approach if Angus Scrimm were to play ” The Tall Man ” . Personally I think Rob Zombie would do a great job with re-making the first one in the same 70’s style similar like what he did with the ” Halloween ” series .

16. Skot Pierson February 9, 2014 at 11:54 pm

I have always maintained the lonly torch of hope that there would be, one desolate and apocalyptic day, an ultimate confrontation against the Tall Man would get what he has coming to him in a phifth and PHINAL PHANTASM! I RELISH the thought of seeing Reggie Bannister, Angus Scrimm, Michael Baldwin and Bill Thornbury… and don’t forget to bring back the CUDA!!!

• bynol February 10, 2014 at 4:10 am

I’ve been seeing the phantasm movie since my early teens and I’m still waiting for some closer. Just make the movie and finish this once and for all.

17. Braxjo March 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I hearts Phantasm, the film, the original actor and his band Phantasm II. I saw recement Phantasm IV, and at the end of this film I got the following question, “What is going – it happened” and suddenly I looked cinquème and the last Phantasm series forward, or we will discover all, really all. I can not wait to see even one trailer! It rassurerais me to know that the film goes well, the actors and also the final episode of this saga ends. So make this last film for all fans who are eagerly awaiting.

18. Josh randall March 23, 2014 at 6:25 pm

You should make it for the fans and with the best car of all time a 1971 hemi-cuda.

19. doom March 25, 2014 at 7:52 am

Please make a number V

20. William Everett March 25, 2014 at 9:55 pm

This is my biggest fan of Pantasm. And how the worldi miss into pay five. I would love to have all those dvds from this movie.

21. DasWolf March 26, 2014 at 11:47 am

AS of today, an official Phantasm V poster has been released, it appears we got our wish. Phantasm V has supposingly been filmed little by little over the last several years, and yes, with the original actors, but different director.The person above who suggested a “remake” should be shot. Let’s hope this is true.