XBOX Stole My Walking Dead Season 3!

Herner Klenthur 6 Comments

XBOX Stole My Walking Dead Season 3!For the second year in a row the XBox Live Video on Demand system has screwed me out of my Walking Dead. I have been watching the series on Xbox live since the first season of The Walking DEad because like a lot of you I can not afford cable.

I run a horror blog which means all my spare money goes into it because running a blog is a lot of time, money and work as everyone who contributes to this site knows.

Last year Walking Dead Season 2 on XBOX was a fiasco with episodes being delayed by days which is a bit frustrating since when you write for a horror blog and have a facebook community of almost 23,000 friends it is very hard to avoid spoilers. That said I lived with it.

This year however things have gone to a brand new low. The latest episode of Walking Dead Season 3 as of last night had still not appeared on my Xbox. I was needless to say a little bit annoyed. One of our friends on Facebook mentioned he to had that problem but that it had just recently appeared. So last night I logged in to see for myself and low and behold it wasnt there.

I decided to do some more snooping and the answer I found frankly, pissed me off. XBOX Live will give me the new episode, I just have to pay twice. I bought the entire season of Walking Dead Season 3 up front and it would seem that XBOX is now trying to double charge me.

How does on complain to Xbox Live and get a real person? Who knows! Will I be re-considering streaming on XBOX Live from now on? Yes. Perhaps Amazon Prime or ITunes would be better choices.
Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Hit the comments!

Most Disturbing Horror Movies 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time 20 Best Horror Films of 2011

1. TheRingworm February 18, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Xbox is ripping us off

2. Tom February 26, 2013 at 5:13 am

I know this is a week old but it seems to be an ongoing problem. I do not peruse any blogs, but this page came up when I had the same issue so I thought I would post this here. I contacted xbox support and they walked me through the steps that got it to work for me.

First, go to settings, system settings, storage, select all devices.
        Go to system items, and delete the files named ‘rights database’ and ‘content cache’
        Go back to where you selected which device, and press Y on your drive/memory unit to bring up device options. Clear system cache.
        Turn xbox off for 2 minutes and restart.
        Go to video app, account management, select show tv shows, and hit X to refresh the list

This solved the issue for me, and the person in the support chat said this had worked for her 5 times already for other people.

Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is!

3. Chris March 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I too am a victim. Their solution to my problem was to “Refresh My Purchase History”. Didn’t work. And now I sit waiting to pay for episode 12 again. The first time being the season pass.

4. Charisma69 March 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I just ran across this while trying to figure out why Episode 12 didn’t appear for me. I tried all the steps like clearing the cache, deleting the “system rights database”, etc. twice and I refreshed my purchase history 5 times and the episode is still not there. This is the first time I’ve had this issue with my season pass but seeing as it seems to be a common issue I will not be buying anymore season passes on Xbox video.

5. rod March 5, 2013 at 3:36 am

Ya, episode 12 they want me to pay for again 2,,
        Its drives me nuts that i have to plug my ears at
        Work and avoid facebook, AND THE FACT THAT IM
        ACTUALLY PAYING TO WATCH A TV SHOW, because
        My satellite doesnt get amc,, and i get home to watch
        It and its there season paid for,,, but nope pay again bitch!
        Or waste your night on hold with xbox,,

6. Meaghan March 18, 2013 at 4:18 am

I have done exactly what @tom said the last two weeks and it has worked like a charm :)
        Thanks man!