Magnolia Pictures Wants a Slice of S-VHS

Chris Savage 8 Comments Movie Page: V/H/S/ 2

Basically I can’t pass judgement on V/H/S as I’m still waiting for that sucker to hit Netflix in the UK. But for those of you who did see it and are anxious for the sequel, we have some potential acquisition news.

According to Variety, Magnolia Pictures is nearing a deal to acquire the sequel S-VHS, details regarding the deal are yet to be disclosed. But I’m assume the sequel will have the same fate as the original, by that I mean a VOD and limited theatrical release.

S-VHS is set to be directed by Simon Barrett, Adam Wingard, Edúardo Sanchez, Gregg Hale, Timo Tjahjanto, Gareth Huw Evans and Jason Eisener. The film also stars Adam Wingard, Lawrence Levine, L.C Holt, Kelsy Abbott and Hannah Hughes.

Synopsis“Searching for a missing student, two private investigators break into his abandoned house and find another collection of mysterious VHS tapes. In viewing the horrific contents of each cassette, they realize there may be terrifying motives behind the student’s disappearance.”

Magnolia Pictures Wants a Slice of S VHS

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time

1. Giordana Arellano via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Just saw v/h/s…not bad, but not great either… A couple of the “stories” were spooky…maybe I’m just desensitized from all the crazy stuff I”ve watched..

2. Ernie Garza via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I agree

3. David Zoller via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I loved it one of my faves of 2012!!!

4. Lee Stacy via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Your not crazy Giordana it was just ok.

5. Jason Campbell via Facebook January 25, 2013 at 12:09 am

I’m in the “It was just slightly above terrible” camp, It started out pretty strong, but just went downhill fast from there.

6. Michelle January 25, 2013 at 6:24 am

From what I have read, S/V/H/S is way better than the first. V/H/S had one really good story, two stories kinda meh and one kinda not too terrible. The acting in the story running through out the movie was not very good and kinda ruined it for me. I only watched it because its streaming on Netflix US right now. I would have been extremely disappointmented had I paid VOD prices for it….this movie was touted as the scariest movie ever, not even close! So my advise is to wait for S/V/H/S to come out and watch it instead.

• Deth_Banger January 25, 2013 at 6:42 am

Thanks for commenting, Michelle. Yeah I heard all kinds of hype, but just like yourself, I know many who have been disappointed, so I think I’ll take your advice. :)

7. John Knight via Facebook January 26, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I liked it- some great ideas and shots.