The Leprechaun Remake Will be a Little Darker

Chris Savage 20 Comments Movie Page: Leprechaun: Origins

The Leprechaun Remake Will be a Little DarkerI’m sure you guys remember the announcement of a reboot of the Leprechaun franchise? Well, if not, WWE Films are in control and Warwick Davis is out. In his place is WWE’s own wrestler Hornswaggle in the title role. But what about the film itself?

Recently WWE president Michael Luisi spoke with Crave and gave them a little insight into the direction they’re planning to take.

“The tone is going to be a little darker, a little more traditional horror than the Warwick Davis ones that people remember, trying to find a way to please fans of that genre but at the same time this is really being played for scares.”

It may just be me, but I’m going to find it hard to take this one more seriously with Hornswaggle playing the title role. But who am I to judge? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Most Disturbing Horror Movies Sexiest Horror Movie Victims Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. Lou Lou Harris via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 7:02 am

NO NO no remake of this BULLSHIT.

2. Ray King via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 7:18 am

crapola

3. Jables Dio Pollicino via Facebook January 24, 2013 at 7:26 am

REMAKE?! AWESOME!!! However now that I just read WWE Films is taking over and Warwick Davis is not involved than mega lame

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur January 27, 2013 at 10:09 pm

WWE Also did The Day which is a fantastic movie so dont dismiss them to quickly.

4. Victor Vasquez January 24, 2013 at 7:32 am

The best Leprechaun movie ( Leprechauns Revenge) was made by Drew Daywalt !!!

5. Robert Jenkins Jr January 24, 2013 at 7:36 am

Gay

6. Ruth TheDoctor Gale January 24, 2013 at 7:59 am

You know what Robert there are a bunch of words that can be used to describe your dislike of something and chose the word, “gay” please pick up a dictionary.

7. Phillip Berryman January 24, 2013 at 8:03 am

I’ll watch it & I prefer darker films with less emphesis on comedy, but a Leprechaun film without Warwick is just wrong. He is the title character. WWE Films hasnt been sucessful & there films have sucked. See No Evil was okay, I havent seen The Day yet.

8. Ruth TheDoctor Gale January 24, 2013 at 8:07 am

They lost me when I saw the words “WWE” and “attached” lol

9. Stephen Waters January 24, 2013 at 9:06 am

WWE is in control!? God help us all….this WILL be STUPID!!!! Without a doubt….why can’t Hollywood leave GREAT movies alone!? Oh,…that’s right,….everyone wants to copy off of everyone else!? No originality!! One person jumps off the bridge,…everyone else wants to follow….. Sad world indeed!

• bigevilworldwide January 27, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Exactly what GREAT movie are you talking about….Sure it’s not Leprechaun your talking about cause all of those are BAD…Oh wait maybe you made a typo. Each of them got worse as they went on…..The definition of unwatchable Leprechaun movies….If anything they should stop remaking garbage hoping it will be better than the original garbage

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur January 27, 2013 at 11:43 pm

some of the worst movies are also the best. I am not a leprechaun fan but I love alot of movies others hate including Jeepers Creepers, Ghosts of Mars and Dead Heat.

10. Jose Rodolfo Salmeron January 24, 2013 at 9:29 am

Lighting wise? LIke AVP:R?

11. Natalie Amora Otenti January 24, 2013 at 10:38 am

i smell a chucky vs leprechaun movie in the near future, now that chucky is being released direct to dvd im sure they will

• Deth_Banger January 25, 2013 at 6:43 am

No doubt about it. Is it wrong that I’m actually intrigued by this concept?

12. James Bos January 24, 2013 at 1:47 pm

No Warwick plus WWE in control with a shitty wrestler playing the lead…..Fuck all that shit Silent Bob

13. Andy Olearczyk January 24, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Awsome there great movie’s !

14. paddywhisky February 10, 2013 at 6:10 pm

oh wow…an Irish baddie is coming back….begorra

15. dewanyne July 21, 2013 at 2:15 am

I not a big fan of remakes i’m willing to give ot a chance. I would rather see warwick davis reprise the role as leprechaun, i mean he was what made leprechaun. i have seen some good remakes and then some were just not so good. In my opinion this remake will not even come close to outtopping the original leprechaun but may have a good twist since it focuses on a completely on horror and not humor. That is also what turns mw partally from liking the idea of a remake. For a great watch see (evil dead), a great remake. now if you wanted to do a great leprechaun remake get the original makers back and redo it with more horror and a small amount ironic lines from a character or two. I’m not sure i’de go to the theater to see this but would probably wait to rent it from redbox or netflix because to me it wouldn’t be worth paying $9.50 at the theater. To everyone their own opinion, this is mine.