Prometheus 2 is Moving Forward

Chris Savage 8 Comments

Prometheus 2 is Moving ForwardI think there was one film last year that completely split that camp in two and that was Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. On one hand some of us (including myself) really dug Prometheus, while others just simply didn’t like it. Its a tough one, as it is and isn’t a prequel to Alien, but still it was a beautiful film to behold even if there were some annoying plot holes.

So how about that sequel that has been lingering around? Well, star of the first film Noomi Repace has spoken and revealed to The Playlist just what the deal is.

They’re working on the script. I met Ridley in London a couple of weeks ago. I would love to work with him again and I know that he would like to do another one. It’s just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will.

If we do a second one, there are a lot of things to explore in there and to continue. I would love to do it.

So there we have it. Its not much, but at-least its something to chew on for a week or two. Where do you guys stand? What do you want to see in the sequel?

20 Best Horror Films of 2011 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. SevenUnearth February 28, 2013 at 12:31 am

I just hope it won’t be a big action movie like Riddick goes to the bad guys planet and kill everyone style.

2. Margie Sierra February 28, 2013 at 1:22 am

I honestly cant wait…i love the all the alien movies and when prometheus came out i was ecstatic, this one i know will be great and not only answer our questions but give us more to ponder over!!!:)

3. Roxanne Blevins February 28, 2013 at 1:52 am

My son and I would love to see Sigourney and Winona Rider return some how. Also the queen. Totally awesome.

4. Dennis Francis February 28, 2013 at 5:48 pm

James Cameron? Where are you for this? ;) Only one can hope….sigh

Im absolutely for a sequel. I loved the movie and thought it brought a stunning story to the Alien universe. I will definitely be first (and probably only) one in line for this sequel when it surfaces.

5. dark February 28, 2013 at 7:40 pm

i thought is was a aliens wanabe rip off and it was sooo bad i wished i didnt waste the time watching it i would rather have watched anything else. I did not feel attached to an of the characters the pace was wrong everything was wrong. I will definetly not watch the second part of this if you wanna watch something good watch the walking dead thats a great tv series the game is great also makes you feel like your actually living through a zombie apocalypse

• Dennis Francis March 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Seeing how it was directed but the same guy for Alien, it cannot be a rip off.

6. bob101910 March 1, 2013 at 2:09 am

Looking forward to this. You have to watch the first movie as not a prequel to Alien and you’ll enjoy it much more. Little strange that the robot has all the best lines in the movie though. Almost like he was written by somebody else.

7. Michael Kelly March 16, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I agree with Dennis… James Cameron! Where art thou?! I read through through an online site / article (how I wish I could recall the site now!) that Ridley and James had already had a conversation, and that Ridley wanted / asked James to do the follow-up to Prometheus. Further, that James would only tackle Prometheus 2, AFTER having done a sequel to Avatar – which would be very cool btw. True!? Anyone know of which online article I am referring to? And yeah, how the hell can a Director do a “rip off” of his own movie??? Ridley said quite clearly that while it takes place in the ‘Alien Universe’, it was NOT to be considered a prequel, but it’s own story in and of itself with some clear overlay to the Alien movies. If one went into Prometheus expecting a prequel to Alien – YOU were setting yourself up for a disappointment. My hope is this, that someday, Ridley Scott will do an ‘official’ Director’s cut of Prometheus!!! I’ve seen the deleted footage & commentaries on blu ray and many of the scenes were frakkin’ awesome – why oh why were they deleted!? The Studio I’m guessing… Regardless, A Director’s cut would be awesome! And here’s another mind-bender for you all: If / when the Prometheus saga continues – and yes, I’m biting my tongue as I write this, but cannot resist: Given a ‘connection’ has already been established between the Alien(s) and the Predators, will the Predator species ever make an appearance down the Prometheus road???? I mean with as advanced as they appeared at the end of AVP -one could deduce they likely may have run into the Engineers at some point?! I’ll step down from my soap box before someone whips a live face-hugger at me! ; )