Unfortunately I haven’t been able to go to the cinema as often as I would like due to my full-time job basically paying peanuts, as I’m sure many of you can relate to. So, thankfully DVD and Blu-ray is definitely the go-to place for must of us, and Texas Chainsaw 3D has been announced for DVD and Blu-ray, so most of us can check it out. Head on down below for all the details.
From the Press Release:
“The pulse-pounding horror film Texas Chainsaw arrives on 3D/2D Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View on May 14th from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Texas Chainsaw will also be available for Digital Download on April 30th, two weeks prior to the Blu-ray, DVD and Video on Demand release. The film stars Alexandra Daddario (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief), Dan Yeager (Metal Heads), Tremaine ‘Trey Songz’ Neverson (GRAMMY® nominated R&B International superstar), Tania Raymonde (TV’s “Malcolm in the Middle,” TV’s “Lost”), Shaun Sipos (The Grudge 2, Final Destination 2), Keram Malicki-Sanchez (American History X), James MacDonald (Phone Booth), Thom Barry (TV’s “Cold Case”), Paul Rae (True Grit) and Richard Riehle (Office Space). Also featuring special appearances from four beloved cast members from previous installments of the franchise: Gunnar Hansen (the original Leatherface), Marilyn Burns, John Dugan and Bill Moseley, Texas Chainsaw carries on the legacy of the shocking film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 39 years later.
Texas Chainsaw continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic left off. In Newt, Texas, people have been going missing without a trace for decades. Years later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young girl, Heather (Daddario), discovers that she has inherited a sprawling Texas estate from an unknown grandmother. To claim her estate, Heather goes on a road trip with her friends to Newt but learns that wealth comes at a price when she discovers the horror that waits in the cellar of her new mansion.
The Blu-ray and DVD features extensive bonus materials including audio commentaries, a look back at the history of the Texas Chainsaw series, exclusive interviews with the film’s director, producer and writers, plus multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes. Texas Chainsaw will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.”
- Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
- Special “Chainsaw Alumni” audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
- “Texas Chainsaw Legacy” featurette – A look back at the history and 40-year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
- “Resurrecting the Saw” featurette – A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with director John Luessenhop, producer Carl Mazzocone and writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
- “The Old Homestead” featurette – A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre with production designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
- “Casting Terror” featurette – Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Scott Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
- “Leatherface 2013” featurette – An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface’s costume, mask and signature chainsaw
- “Lights, Camera, Mayhem” featurette – A look at the film’s 3D photography with director of photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
- “It’s in the Meat” featurette – An detailed look at the film’s grisly special make-up effects with make-up effects supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and make-up artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
- On-Set Short Subjects: Five-Minute Massacres
– Burning Down the House
– Trapped in the Van
– Carnival Time
– Leatherface in Action
– Hot Times in Louisiana
– Bloody Good Times