For those of you who have made the transition to the world of High-Definition with Blu-ray, will definitely want to get in on this one. Although, I’m not really sure if HD will make much of a difference to the raw intensity of The Manson Family. Either way, this was is making the jump to Blu-ray, read on for the details.
From the Press Release:
“Severin Films announces the May 7th Blu-ray debut of Jim VanBebber’s legendary, award-winning indie THE MANSON FAMILY on the 10th anniversary of its original release. US theatrical dates in 20 major cities are scheduled through March and April, and new poster artwork has been created by artist Stephen Romano for the occasion. VanBebber’s highly anticipated new short GATOR GREEN will accompany many of the screenings and will also be included in the extras-packed Special Edition Blu-ray release.
The theatrical run launches at Landmark Theatres locations in Denver and San Francisco on March 22nd and will continue through April, taking in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Boston and many more.
THE MANSON FAMILY delivers an uncompromising, brutal vision of the collapse of the “Love Generation.” On a ranch outside of LA the hippie dream is perverting into something evil. What was once an oasis of free love and acid trips has become ground zero for a madman’s paranoid visions. An average group of kids, the “Family,” become engulfed in a delusional world where torment and slaughter are considered the path to righteousness. The Manson Family is a dizzying, rapid-fire vision of the sex and violence that unifies the misguided group and, at the direction of their leader, ends in a brutal spree leaving seven people dead in 48 hours. Now re-mastered in stunning HD for the first time ever in America. Extras include an all-new director’s commentary, the brand new short GATOR GREEN, the uncut version of the previously censored feature-length documentary THE VANBEBBER FAMILY on the film’s near-mythic production, and much more.
Severin Films was formed in 2006 with offices in Los Angeles and London. The company produced the acclaimed 2012 horror anthology THE THEATRE BIZARRE, and their previous releases include Richard Stanley’s restored HARDWARE, the all-star war classic THE WILD GEESE, the unrated Director’s Cut of Just Jaeckin’s GWENDOLINE, Enzo Castellari’s original action classic INGLORIOUS BASTARDS, Oscar®-nominee Patrice Leconte’s THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND, the midnight movie sensation BIRDEMIC – SHOCK & TERROR, Eugenio Martin’s restored HORROR EXPRESS, and Alejandro Jodorowsky’s incomparable masterpiece SANTA SANGRE.”
The Manson Family will screen at the following locations:
- March 22 & 23 – Clay Theatre, San Francisco
- March 22 & 23 – Esquire Theatre, Denver
- March 27 – Boston Underground Film Festival – Brattle Theatre, Cambridge, MA
- March 29 & 30 – Landmark’s Sunshine Cinema, New York City
- March 29 & 30 – Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park, Houston
- March 29 – Plaza Theatre, Atlanta
- April 3 – Granoff Center for the Arts, Providence, RI
- April 5 – Ritz Bourse, Philadelphia
- April 5 & 6 – Egyptian Theatre, Seattle
- April 12 – Logan Theatre, Chicago
- April 12 & 13 – Hi-Pointe Theatre, St. Louis
- April 13 – Cedar Lee Theatre, Cleveland
- April 19 & 20 – E Street Theatre, Washington, DC
- April 19 & 20 – Inwood Theatre, Dallas
- April 21 – Screenland Crossroads, Kansas City, MO
- April 23 – New Beverly Cinema, Los Angeles