The Dibbuk Box Returns with The Possession 2

Chris Savage 11 Comments

The Dibbuk Box Returns with The Possession 2For some reason, possibly from what I’ve heard from some of you guys, I still haven’t seen Ole Bornedal’s The Possession, but I think its about time I did. But judging by this latest news, it would appear as if the film did very well to warrant a sequel, so just what is the deal?

Well, according to the folks over at B-D, Good Universe, is said to be in the development process on a sequel to The Possession, and while nothing is confirmed, the site is adamant that The Possession 2 is coming.

Considering the film made over $75 million worldwide, it makes sense that a sequel is on the way, but does the film warrant a sequel? Sound off below and let us know if you think The Possession is franchise material?

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time 20 Best Horror Films of 2011

1. Jason Haxton March 4, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Yes… it deserves a sequel – only this time call it “The Dibbuk Box” and this time follow closer to the real story and events! It will be amazing!!

2. Chuva March 5, 2013 at 3:59 am

Deserves? No. But then again, I don’t feel any movie DESERVES a sequel. Warrants one? Maybe? Ending left itself open for one? Yea. While I did really dig it, I doubt Natasha will be back, and she was the standout of the film. Either way, I’m a sucker and I’ll watch it.

3. whatever March 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I liked the movie, I even got scared which does not happen often but if they are going to make a sequel then that should be it…I don’t think this is one of those stories that you can make 9 or 10 of. But after I read the actual story, did anyone else notice that this movie is nothing about it? It was scary, it had a good cast and it can possibly have one sequel but don’t overdo it.

4. Cassandra norris July 28, 2013 at 8:59 am

I think it should have another part it was really scary and the box got threw out in the street so that means it wants to find another host so yea let there be more

5. renaica harris August 29, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I liked the movie alot. I’m glad they are making a sequal. Hopefully the sequel picks up where the first one ended with the dibbuk box flying out the car and landing in the middle of the street after the Rabbi’s car was hit by a truck. Pretty much that should be the beginning of the second movie. The nsomeone at the sceen picks the box up and strange things start happening angain.

6. Rose22 September 13, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I think a Prequel would be really, good, to see the story leading up to who made the box.

7. Jason Haxton September 14, 2013 at 2:10 am

Yes… a prequel that follows the book would be a decent film!

8. Chuck September 28, 2013 at 5:04 am

Of course there should be a sequel. The original was an amazing film and I think that the sequel should follow along the same path as the original. If they can do that, then the sequel would surely be worth watching. Also it would help to state a bit of history about the box and how and why the demon was originally trapped.

9. june October 18, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Hell yeah we need a second one …… maybe this time I wud b sitting on edge of my seat but good film was strange to c Jeffrey dean morgan in it was hard not to say get ur sons in come on the wincheters

10. Richard A Howell III March 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Oh yes it really does warrant a part 2 what happen to the box after the crash

11. Shakirah October 24, 2014 at 7:37 am

Is there a part 2 ……….but I think there should be 1 becoz we don’t know what happened after the box flew out of the window