After a five year hiatus, AFI proves that you can’t keep a good fan event down. On April 24th, AFI will present the return of “Night at the Movies.” This is a one-night-only event in Hollywood, California where AFI will showcase 12 movies in one night and have a star from each film come out out and speak to the audience.
Now when I say 12 movies in one night, that doesn’t mean 12 back to back showings. I mean, 12 movies all showing at once. Which is the painful part, because if there are several movies you’re dying to see, you’re gonna have to pick one. Horror fans will be delighted to know that this year’s roster of films include some fan favorites:
- Kathy Bates presenting MISERY(1990)
- Cher presenting MOONSTRUCK (1987)
- Sally Field presenting NORMA RAE (1979)
- Peter Fonda presenting EASY RIDER (1969)
- Harrison Ford presenting BLADE RUNNER: The Final Cut
- Samuel L. Jackson presenting PULP FICTION (1994)
- Shirley MacLaine presenting TERMS OF ENDEARMENT (1983)
- Demi Moore presenting GHOST (1990)
- Mike Myers presenting SHREK (2001)
- Sidney Poitier presenting IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (1967)
- Kurt Russell presenting THE THING (1982)
- Kevin Spacey presenting THE USUAL SUSPECTS (1995)
That’s right, Terms of Endearment baby! I know you guys are gonna be all up on that shit. If you’re interested in attending this one-night-only event in Hollywood, you should know it’s a bit pricey:
Target Presents AFI Night at the Movies is a special event for all ages. Tickets to each individual screening are $30 and include a large popcorn and soda, as well as a Magnum ice cream bar. Tickets go on sale on April 11 at 10:00 a.m. through the ArcLight Hollywood website (arclightcinemas.com) and in person at the ArcLight Hollywood box office at 6360 West Sunset Blvd. Information about the event will be available on AFI.com.
Tickets go on sale this Thursday and you can visit the AFI site for more info.