Well what can I say? Street Trash is basically pure freakin’ oozing gold! If you haven’t checked this sucker out, let me assure you, you’re missing out. But, to rectify that problem, Synapse Films have just announced that they will be unleashing the Special Meltdown Edition of Street Trash onto Blu-ray & DVD, and this is filled with all the juicy extras.
This one streets this June 11th, and you can pre-order your copy over at Synapse Films.
- High-Definition Transfer from the Original Camera Negative
- 5.1 Surround Remix Created Specifically for Home Theatre Environments
- Two Audio Commentaries Featuring Producer Roy Frumkes and Director James Muro
- THE MELTDOWN MEMOIRS – Feature Length Documentary on the History and Making of STREET TRASH
- The Original STREET TRASH 16mm Short Film That Inspired the Movie
- The Original STREET TRASH Promotional Teaser
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- ALL-NEW BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES: Jane Arakawa Video Interview and Deleted Scenes!
- Create Your Own Bottle of “Tenafly Viper” Wine with the Enclosed Label Sticker!
Synopsis: “In the sleazy, foreboding world of winos, derelicts and drifters in lower Manhattan, two young runaways – eighteen-year-old Fred (Mike Lackey) and his younger brother, Kevin (Mark Sferrazza) – live in a tire hut in the back of an auto wrecking yard. Life is hard, but the most lethal threat to the boys is the mysterious case of “Tenafly Viper” wine in Ed’s liquor store window. The stuff is forty years old… and it’s gone bad. REAL bad! Anyone who drinks it melts in seconds, and it’s only a dollar a bottle!
The subversive cult classic/horror comedy STREET TRASH rode the last wave of super-gore films in the late ‘80s before cinema entered the era of safe R-Rated horror and unoriginal remakes. Beautifully re-mastered in high-definition, STREET TRASH will melt your eyes and ears with stunning picture and sound.”