Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 Casting News

Herner Klenthur 16 Comments

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4? Or do we call it Texas Chainsaw 3D Two? Really just try and pretend you are surprised to hear about this news. You knew it was inevitable. Yes… Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 is apparently going to be hitting us in the near future. I will admit I am somewhat surprised considering the first one did turn a profit but wasn't a massive success.

Texas Chainsaw 3D was made for an estimated $20million it brough in just shy of $35million at the box office according to BoxOfficeMojo

Comparing that to the new Evil Dead remake it was made for $17millon and so far has brought in $61million world wide. Both had a similar format of casting unknowns but Evil Dead had a great script where Texas Chainsaw 3D had a gimmick…. namely the 3D.

That all said today from one of our readers comes word from the BBC that yes Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 is coming and some casting news is already afoot. B. Richards writes to us and tells us;

I saw on BBC Youth Radio that Alexandra Daddario and Dan Yeager are reprising their roles for the sequel as well as new cast members including ex-Disney star Cody Linley and British newcomer Tommy Hatto.They said that because of the success of Texas 3D's twist, the new movie will have a twist with a male protagonist.

I did NOT watch the last Texas Chainsaw 3D movie. Why? Because I have honestly had just about enough of the Texas Chainsaw remakes. Some of you should at this point ask me what gives me the right to say that Texas Chainsaw 3D was no good and only had a gimmicky 3D angle.

Good on you if you did question me on that. My counter is had they of tried to promote Texas Chainsaw 3D on its merits of a wicked story or mindblowing terror I would have gotten on board. Evil Dead did both and I saw it in theaters and loved it.

The new Texas Chainsaw remake seemed to be all about the 3D combined with fresh faces with nice teeth. Neither make me open my wallet at the theater.

Now of course when Texas Chainsaw 3D comes out on DVD and video on demand I will most certainly see it and if its awesome I will eat my words.

Did you see it? Will you see Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4? Sound off in the comments

UPDATE: Worth noting and as Jeremy has rightly called me out in the comments belowTexas Chainsaw 3D was NOT a remake it was a prequel. Ditto for the Evil Dead (2013). To me any film that retreads water and uses the same name is a remake and I am not correct in my old crab apple analysis. So yes its a prequel Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 Casting News

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 Casting News

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Sexiest Horror Movie Victims

1. Jeremy Kelley April 23, 2013 at 12:36 am

no offense but the texas chainsaw 3d film is not a remake. It’s a direct sequel to the original film in 1974 but set in modern times. I really enjoyed it. thanks for the news. =)

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 23, 2013 at 12:44 am

No offense and you are QUITE right. I should not have called it a remake it was a prequel. I am just an old school jaded horror fan who cant tell the difference :P

2. Quagg April 23, 2013 at 12:44 am

Why are they calling it 4? Is it a remake of The Next Generation?

3. mr.title April 23, 2013 at 2:01 am

It’s not a prequel. It’s a sequel. The Evil Dead remake also isn’t a prequel.

4. winston April 23, 2013 at 2:10 am

Update: Per Bloody Disgusting “Sounds like BBC Radio got some bad info. I just spoke with Christa Campbell (an excutive producer on texas Chainsaw 3D) who clarified that there can be no casting cause there is no script it actually sounds like this sequel is fairly far off since the rights are split 50/50 between Millenium and Mazzocone and there is not yet a consensus on how to proceed no direction has been chosen for the sequel”

5. Damion swampy A April 23, 2013 at 4:17 am

Never seen the 3d version yet but looked pretty hardcore from what they showed on the red band trailer yo also i actually like the chainsaw franchise

6. Alex B. April 23, 2013 at 11:15 am

Compared to the older one, TCM 3D was not that good, but as a stand alone it would not be considered as a bad film i think

7. laylamigee@gmail.com April 27, 2013 at 1:09 am

is he real

8. jimooooo June 10, 2013 at 7:19 am

Whatever horror movies are done with social networking were heading in a sci-fi type of deal I don’t dare call it horror movies anymore
        ps have a wonderful day gals and guys

9. David Born August 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Looking forward to the nest one, loved the last one. There is suppose to be a series of Chainsaw films…like Saw. Its just gonna get better.

10. Steve September 26, 2013 at 5:44 pm

A prequel might be the only chance this film series has left for a good movie. I have filmed a short film I call “First Annual Barbecue” that I think could make a great prequel to the original!

11. John Hubbard November 27, 2013 at 1:41 am

Can’t wait. Frigging ecstatic. I have found a line of movies that I adore. I hate zombies, I hate vampires, and haunting movies are stupid as well. You let a 6′ 8 dude wielding a chainsaw come after you and see if you don’t shit yourself. lol.

12. salamander joe March 1, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I am super thriller there making a new one! the texas chainsaw massacre are the best. and the way they made it in modern times, man its just auwsome.

13. salamander joe March 1, 2014 at 4:56 pm

haha. so thrilled I typed thriller. see what I mean?

14. melissa March 4, 2014 at 2:15 am

I loved Texas Chainsaw : ) I hope they hurry and make the next one. I thought it was different as far as the story line goes.

15. aaaaa June 23, 2014 at 3:09 am

The texas chainsaw massacer is the best horor movi in the world