Who Will Return in Walking Dead Season 4?

Jason McDonald 8 Comments

IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE SEASON FINALE OF THE WALKING DEAD STOP READING! MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD.

Just in case you’re still reading, I’m gonna fill up some space before I get to the news about which character is returning for season four of The Walking Dead.

What did you think about the season finale? Love it? Hate it? Let us know in the comments.  Without getting into details, I thought it was a bit anti-climatic.  The final few moments were beautiful and touching, but I just wish there had been more of a confrontation than what we got.

With that out of the way, let’s get to the news.  If you’ve seen the season finale of The Walking Dead, than you know that the Governor is still out there…doing Governor-type stuff.  So it should come as no surprise that the The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Governor will return next season as a series regular.

So if you loved actor David Morrissey’s portrayal of the one-eyed madman, get ready for some more of that.  Personally, I thought the Governor was a fantastic villain this season.  He was a total asshole, but you could understand his descent into madness.  However, this season finale should have been his swan song.  Turning on his own people should have been his “Mad King” moment where someone finally ended his reign.

I worry that at this point they’re going to force his character to overstay his welcome and people will grow weary of his asshole antics.  However, I’m open minded and excited to see if they can craft a story to justify keeping him around.

Let us know what you think in the comments.

Who Will Return in Walking Dead Season 4?

Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time

1. jay April 1, 2013 at 9:59 am

fucking worst finale ever

2. raiden April 1, 2013 at 11:11 am

I totally agree with everything you just said. I see no reason for another season with governor…

3. Dennis Francis April 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I love this damn show! ANd thought the finale was GENIUS!

No one expected the governor to live. The creator wanted to make you hate him and they did just that. That wanted to make you think he was going to kick the bucket and in the end…… BAM. Still alive.

The character of the Governor was so dynamic and hateful. And you just couldn’t help but hate the guy. Can’t wait till October!

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur April 1, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Kiling Andrea and leaving the Guvnor alive was a solid twist and the show producers did say they were not going to follow the graphic novel. This really proved it.

I hope that the Governor wont reappear till Season 5 and Season 4 sees something new. But with them stuck at the Prison I am not sure how they add interest into Season 4.

• Dennis Francis April 2, 2013 at 1:03 pm

It was definitely a huge twist. The whole Season was built on the fate of the Governor. And EVERYONE expected him to die.

I agree about Season 4. I hope a new story arc begins and then mid-season we see the Governor return.

4. Susan April 1, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Was not impressed with the Finale could have been way better! They should have took out the Governor and kept Andrea. But am looking forward to Season 4

5. Jon April 2, 2013 at 7:08 am

I always love every show thank you!! AMC for bringing this Comic to live tv series
        i hope u guys keep going on the shows i dont care what ppl say about they hate the finale well stop watching it then!! there more shows out there to watch u haters!! walking dead rule!!!!

6. Joanne Marie April 3, 2013 at 9:59 am

Hate to see that the Gov.’s still out there. But it’s more okay than not to see Daryll & Rick. If that happens, I’ll stop watching TWD