Check Out this Excellent Nightmare On Elm Street Fan Film

Jason McDonald 7 Comments

You might remember Krueger: A Tale from Elm Street from a few years back.  It was a pretty impressive fan film shot by Chris R. Notarile that explored the mythos of Freddy Krueger before he became the master of dreams. It added a bit of depth to the character of Freddy and showed how terrifying he really could be.

Well now there’s a new film from Chris and it’s entitled Krueger: Another Tale from Elm Street.  What are they going to do if they make a third one of these? Yet Another Tale from Elm Street?  Joking aside, this follow up to the 2011 short film is equally as impressive.  It’s only six minutes long, but it manages to be far more unsettling and creepy than anything seen in the remake. Check it out below and let us know what you think.

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! Sexiest Horror Movie Victims Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012

1. AristotleDante May 6, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Sure this is well made as a fan film, but it’s nothing we haven’t seen before and it’s not better than the remake. Why state an opinion as if it was fact in an article?

• Halloweenie May 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Hi there,

I think it should be implied that this article is indeed my opinion since I am presenting a short film and my thoughts, not factual information. A review or a criticism is never mistaken as fact, so when I state that I believe a fan film is better than a real movie I don’t see how that could be mistaken as a “factual” statement. I’m not arrogant enough to believe that my worldview is the only valid one.

You say that it’s not better than the remake. Should I assume that you’re a making a fact based claim? You didn’t state that it was your opinion, so do you have hard data to back up a claim like that? Why read an opinion as if it were a fact?

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 6, 2013 at 9:49 pm

How is a bloggers opinion not fact. If he believes something its his opinion which is a fact. If he tries to tell ME my opinion it may or may not be a fact depending on what I believe.

I am honestly not sure what your issue is with Halloweenies post other then he maybe has a different outlook then you do.

2. Roberto Lombardi May 7, 2013 at 2:44 am

Thanks very much for posting the film and reviewing it!
        “Yet Another Tale from Elm Stree” – LOL! I like that!

3. Matt Martin September 21, 2013 at 7:53 pm

The remake was an abomination…Lombardi & everything about the “Krueger” shorts was brilliant & made with real passion for the Nightmare mythology and with respect for the fans. Michael Bay is a whore. There is absolutely NO comparison.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur September 21, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Matt I could not agree with you more. The remake is one of the few movies I have turned off it was so bad.

4. Matt Martin September 21, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I also really enjoyed Christopher Johnson’s trailer which was released before Bay’s remake. I’m not sure how others feel but I would love to see Chris R. Notarile & his team work with Johnson and his people to create something fans would really be blown away by…