HorrorMovies.ca

The ABCs of Death 2 Is Confirmed!

Chris Savage 3 Comments

The ABCs of Death 2 Is Confirmed!I am still yet to see The ABCs of Death (waiting for a UK DVD release), but I’m pretty gutted after reading a few reviews and many of your reactions to the film. It is still one of my most wanted films to watch. In any event, I’m sure some of you will be very pleased to know that a sequel is confirmed, and we have the first details as well as some of the first directors announced. Let me tell you, so far the talent pool is off the freakin’ hook!

How about Jen and Sylvia Soska, Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo, and even Sion Sono to name just a few of the first announced! Yep, this one already has some serious potential.

From the Press Release:

Producers Ant Timpson, Tim League, and the Wagner/Cuban Company’s Magnet Releasing announced today the production of ABCs OF DEATH 2, a high energy sequel to the 2012 anthology hit that delivers 26 new dark tales from the industry’s most celebrated genre directors. Taking all that was great from the first installment, ABCs OF DEATH 2 aims to be a wilder, leaner, faster paced and even more entertaining anthology this time around, with a new crop of award-winning, visionary filmmakers from around the globe.
In a significant departure from the first installment, ABCs OF DEATH 2 is expanding beyond horror directors. The sequel’s new roster includes Goya Award winner Álex de la Iglesia (THE LAST CIRCUS, DAY OF THE BEAST); ROOM 237 mastermind Rodney Ascher; Academy Award-nominated animator Bill Plympton; Filipino icon – and Director’s Fortnight inductee – Erik Matti (ON THE JOB, MAGIC TEMPLE); and the founder of Nigerian “Nollywood” cinema Lancelot Imasuen.

Additional confirmed filmmakers include Lithuania’s Kristina Buozyte and Bruno Samper (VANISHING WAVES), Japan’s arthouse provocateur Sion Sono (COLD FISH, SUICIDE CLUB), SPLICE and CUBE’s Vincenzo Natali, indie horror icon Larry Fessenden (THE LAST WINTER, HABIT), THE COLLECTION’s Marcus Dunstan, France’s Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo (INSIDE, LIVID), E.L. Katz (director of the SXSW breakout hit CHEAP THRILLS), twin auteurs Jen and Sylvia Soska (AMERICAN MARY, DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK), Israel’s Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado (RABIES, BIG BAD WOLVES), A LONELY PLACE TO DIE’s Julian Gilbey, Brazil’s most controversial filmmaker Dennison Ramalho (NINJAS and LOVE FOR MOTHER ONLY), THE LEGEND OF BEAVER DAM and the upcoming STAGEFRIGHT’s Jerome Sable, and animator Robert Morgan – creator of the BAFTA Award nominated short BOBBY YEAH.

Additional filmmaker announcements, as well as the return of the series’ popular 26th Director competition (which allows one exceptional fan-made entry to become part of the finished film), will occur throughout the Summer of 2013.

“The ABCs OF DEATH was a wildly ambitious anthology that connected with genre fans in a big way, and we’re all very excited about the potential for the sequel,” said Magnolia President Eamonn Bowles. “With talented producers Ant and Tim and the incredible roster of directors assembled, we’re confident that ABCs of DEATH 2 will be even better than the first.”

“This time around we’re all determined to expand the concept to even more hyperkinetic, comically deranged and mortally dizzying heights of how someone can shuffle off this mortal coil,” said Producer Ant Timpson.

Magnet is planning a 2014 release of the film. ABCs OF DEATH 2 is produced by Ant Timpson and Tim League, in conjunction with associate producers Todd Brown, Marc Walkow, Mitch Davis, and Ted Geoghegan.

Trending in Horror

Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time Most Disturbing Horror Movies

3 Comments

Our policy for commenting is simple. If you troll or post spam or act like a child we will send you to your room without dinner and take away your posting priviledges. Have fun, be polite!


      1. Jeremy Kelley May 15, 2013 at 8:39 pm

        this is amazing news. i loved the first one and the second one will probably be just as cool. I thought the first one was creative and had some awesome ideas in it.

      2. Ash May 16, 2013 at 12:28 pm

        Although I was disappointed with the first film, this is great news that horror films showing creativity are being given the green light. It is also a real opportunity to right the wrongs of the first one whilst maintaining all that was good. I look forward to seeing this sequel.

      3. Tiago almeida May 16, 2013 at 3:47 pm

        I cant believe people buy into that garbage. the fact that these movie got a sequence is the proof people really eat garbage if you feed them.