Walking Dead Season 4: Andrea Will Return?

Herner Klenthur 102 Comments

Rumors are circulating the internet that Andrea played by Laurie Holden who was shockingly killed in the finale of Season 3 of The Walking Dead will reappear in Season 4 of AMC’s hit show. Andrea’s death resulted in serious back lash with fans on our site who were beside themselves with rage over the death of the character

Fans were not the only ones who were blind sides by the killing of the character Laurie Holden has said that she also had no idea it was coming.

I tend to agree with other fans that the killing of Andrea was a low point because she was the only strong female character of any substance on the show. Sure Michone is a bad ass but Andrea was so much more then just a rough riding ass kicking female lead.

Andrea’s character was Intelligent, mature, internally conflicted, beautiful and had evolved through the show. Andrea was a very complex character and killing her off took a lot of the wind out of the show.

That said we all know why they killed her off the shows producers needed a shocking finale. They couldn’t kill Rick, Carl or Daryl so I would suggest poor Andrea just drew the short straw. It had to be a big enough character for us to really care so Glen couldn’t cut it and it couldnt be a character as key as Rick that fans would go from upset to complete mutiny.

With Andrea dead and the new rumors of her return the question is how can she make an appearance in Season 4? The easy answer is in flash backs.

Related News: Is A Walking Dead Movie Being Planned?

Andrea spent quite some time out in the wild with Michone and if the shows producers want to bring her back into the story and build the back story for Michone then flashbacks is an effective way to do both. Laurie Holden spoke to TV Line about the opportunity to return and said quote;

It’s not up to me, you know? I’m the actor. I do what I’m told. The writers are the ones in charge of the storylines. And they write the scenes. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Do I wish we could’ve seen and explored more of the comic-book-Robert-Kirkman Andrea? Yes. Absolutely.Do I wish that I had more scenes with Michonne showing that friendship? Yes. Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I don’t think I could ask for a better death. I feel like her life mattered, and she died trying, and her heart was in the right place. I feel grateful for that. You can’t have it all.

Robert Kirkman has also weighed in on the topic sayings its a possibility that they will explore relationship more between Michone and Andrea in Walking Dead Season 4. What are your thoughts on the idea? Do you want to see Andrea return?

As much as I enjoyed Andrea’s character and have a huge crush on Laurie Holden I think that a flash back wont work. Her character ran its course and trying to re-inject her with flash backs is just going to confuse things. That said one thing that fans have jumped on quickly is that nobody saw Laurie Holden’s character die. Perhaps she is alive?

Will she be Michone’s new pet?

Do you think that a flashback sequence in Season 4 that explores Michone and Andrea’s relationship more will be fulfilling for fans? Hit the comments and tell us what you think.

Walking Dead Season 4: Andrea Will Return?

20 Best Horror Films of 2011 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Most Disturbing Horror Movies

1. Sandra May 2, 2013 at 5:57 pm

No! She’s dead. It’s over. (thank god)

They made a choice, they killed her. I think they should stick to it and let it be. I can’t see how bringing her back in flashbacks will do anything to the story. I would’ve liked the flashbacks if she was still alive, but I feel they are unnecessary now that she’s dead.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 2, 2013 at 6:27 pm

agree

• Tabitha May 2, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Like Sandra said… shes died, and thats that. They could do a flashback, about michone and her but thats it :/

• John W May 3, 2013 at 2:47 am

Agree as well. Bringing her back would be a cop out.

• johnbencivenga May 14, 2013 at 1:24 pm

no no no she is dead dead do not bring her back yous are making a bad call….

• Liberty. February 5, 2014 at 7:34 pm

AMC never showed her death. All we heard was a gun shot.. sane with the governor. Michonne was with Andrea but she could be playing along with her fake death. You never know till second half of The walking Dead ;)

2. Declan May 2, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Andrea intelligent? She didn’t know her boyfriend was a psycho until the season was nearly over!

Keep her off, she’s dead and gone.

3. Jim Laca May 2, 2013 at 6:06 pm

It’s a shame that Kirkman is allowing for this shit to happen. He is killing off tons of storyline with these premature deaths. Andrea and Dales relationship. Andrea being a crack-shot and saving the group in the many attacks against them. Andrea and Ricks relationship down the line.

Many of the things I loved about the comic are being changed or omitted in the tv series. The character developments and interactions, also. While I understand that the tv show is supposed to be different, it can not become so different that it leaves comic fans pissed.

Kirkman is walking a thin line, and needs to be careful.

• Chris May 7, 2013 at 2:35 am

100% agree. I was very disappointed in the finale. As huge fans of the comics, my girlfriend and I were just left scratching our heads. I think we felt a little betrayed.

• LadyDayanna May 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I agree too. As a fan of the comic, I really feel like killing off Andrea was going too far. They really destroyed Andrea’s character. She is an amazing woman in the comic, and they left so much of that from the show. The finale did leave me pissed off. I almost didn’t want to watch the show no anymore. Most people that watch the show hasn’t even read the comics. They are too worried about Daryl.

• Ez Killtwentyfiveseventeen February 6, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I’d rather the show be different from the comics. If they were the same, there would be no reason to watch the show…definitley no shock value.

4. G.G. May 2, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I’d like to know what Fans were backlashed over her Death? Infact it was the complete opposite, she was an awful character and all those “she was the most interesting characters” HAHA! Yeah right, killing her off was the best thing for the Show. Now the other female characters (Carol , Maggie, & Beth) can shine

• Tick May 19, 2013 at 10:12 pm

That’s what I thought. This writer has a bias, but if you take a tour of other sites, forums and blogs, Andrea was pretty universally disliked and most people who watch the show were happy she got the ax. She’s a great character in the comic book, but this isn’t the comic book. They’ve made that clear. If anything, it’s time for Carol to get a bigger role on the show. Her character has evolved in a better, more logical way than any character on the show and has proven to not only be incredibly strong, but one of the best sources of humor on the show, which is needed. Andrea was written into corner and had worn out her welcome with viewers.

5. Jim Laca May 2, 2013 at 6:09 pm

And I agree with Sandra. Now that Andrea is gone, it is senseless to try and tell more of her story. She is dead and gone. It is the same with Lauri’s Ghost. They need to cut that shit out. That is what the telephone is for.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm

agree.

• Shawn May 2, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Yeah but Rick see’s her and tlaks to her in the comics, as does Michonne with her boyfriend (one of her walker pets) her and Rick end up sharing their stories and saying “Well if your crazy so I am” It’s character development in the comics and the put it in the show, I thought it was fitting.

6. UltraViolence May 2, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I disagree with you tbh. She’s not the only strong female character and the loss of her character opens doors to explore other female characters. Maggie could become more central. What about Beth? We could see her grow. And of course, there’s Sasha. Michonne could also become more warm and likable. Lets not be counting our chickens just yet eh.

I liked Andrea’s character but she had run her course. I look forward to what they do next.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm

I agree on Beth. now that she is a full time character I think she and Carl could introduce a great new relationship and dynamic. I think Beth can be the voice of reason as Carl slowly spirals out of control.

7. wellthatsnice May 2, 2013 at 6:27 pm

wait…people liked andrea? I have been praying for this since her sister died.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 2, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Yep they did and i did to. I really think that they evolved her character well. But I suppose now that I look back her character did have some pretty serious flaws.

8. PB May 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm

please god let her stay dead…she is the worst character in television history.

• snk October 19, 2013 at 5:29 am

So true I’m glad that dumb bich is gone. And Carl needs a good asswhoopin.

9. Marco Barreto May 2, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I want her dead since she shot Daryl in the head… Let her stay dead please

10. codiDan May 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm

HELLLLLOOOO… she was bitten. What else can they do? Pretend like she wasn’t?? Too late for an Oops at this point clowns. Plus I think this is the first article I’ve ever seen that actually is interested in her return. Most places are doing jumping jacks that this girl is gone. One last thing, you called her intelligent. Please take that back. She’s the most idiotic of all characters, she’s a train wreck! She thinks on emotion which has nearly gotten several people killed. Dayrl got shot, she slutted around the cast members, Milton was killed for her, she jeopardized everyone at the Prison.
        Personally she could come back and I would be okay with it because she is so unpredictable, and i’d like to see how they manage to save someone from a bite wound, but DAMN to call her intelligent is another article you need to consider.

11. hammo180 May 2, 2013 at 6:56 pm

its a joke no 1 seen if she died yet only 1 shot who’s still alive?

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 2, 2013 at 7:10 pm

huh so Michone is fooling everyone?

• codiDan May 2, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Did you see her bite mark?

• Ash
          Ash May 2, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Maybe Andrea is in the 4th series as michone’s zombie on a leash. A no jaw and no arms Andrea. Maybe the site of that will turn you off right off her Herner? :)

12. Jay May 2, 2013 at 7:16 pm

“she was the only strong female character of any substance on the show” ?? what? Andrea was stubborn, selfish, and PAINFULLY naive. i been wanting her gone for a long damn time.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm

perhaps my crush on her is swaying my judgement lol

13. Mr.Popo May 2, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I personally wouldn’t mind if they brought her back in season 4 for flashbacks only as long as they’re specifically meant to help develop Michonne’s character. Besides that, leave her dead.

• Bonnie May 4, 2013 at 12:09 am

I agree with Mr. Popo. They really need to develop Michonne’s character. We don’t know any-thing about her and she is a much stronger woman than Andrea! I want to know more about
          her. Andrea is too whiny. She is a man want – to – be.

• carol bernardini May 19, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Agreed we need to dip into Michone’s past, who were her 2 walker buddies, what really transpired between Andrea and Michione? Need back stories

14. Greg Harrington May 2, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Nooooo! Don’t waste our time with meaningless flashbacks. She’s dead it’s over… theres no reason to have her waste air time in flashbacks when her character is dead… Plus she may of not known she was going to die but she knew it was very much possible according to the storyline. It doesn’t take a week to make a show. It takes a lot longer. All the hints she was going to die she must have known it was possible for at least 6 months. She got famous / rich for this show, don’t feel bad for her she can get a new part in another show/movie.

15. Andie May 2, 2013 at 8:10 pm

The tv show seems to be a parallel world in which if you survive in the comics you die in the tv series. Doesn’t look good for Maggie maybe it’s a good thing keeps you from wondering what would have happened if so and so survived etc

16. Heather May 2, 2013 at 8:54 pm

the only thing Andrea was good for was knowing which man was gonna go psycho (hint: whoever she ends up hooking up with!)

17. Shawn May 2, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Hmmmm!! Ironically Laurie cancelled her Comic Con appearance May 10th,11th,12th due to “filming schedule”!?! It just so happens The Walking Dead Season 4 is shooting this month?!!! New Andrea flashbacks with Michonne? A burial service?! Hmmmm!!! What’s Robert Kirkman up to?!

I read Robert Kirkman even hinting as Rick’s death, he better be careful, killing off all the key survivors is going to change the show drastically. Andrea, Rick, Michonne and Carl are the key survivors in the comics. I would love flashbacks of Andrea and Michonne bonding during the season 4 premiere! I think it’s a nice dedication to her character! I thought I saw her body in a blanket in the back of the truck also when Rick and Daryl got back to the jail!? Did anybody else notice that? Carol was looking at the back of the truck also and crying (it looked like). Maybe they will also have a burial for her in the Season 4 premiere also!?

18. JanBoats May 2, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I was not happy that they killed Andrea off in the finals.But to bring her back into season 4 is just plain stupid.It totally pisses me off that they bring Lori back into flash backs.So if they decide to do the same with Andrea I don’t see myself watching the show to much longer.

19. Chuckles May 2, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I think they should do a little series of like 3-4 episodes showing Michonne’s and Andrea’s journey. They could show it in the summer, so we have something to watch until Season 4 is on.

20. patrick rossman (@walkerdude13) May 3, 2013 at 6:29 am

No the show has gone down hill, the writing is horrible. They screwed it up big time in S3 and I dont care about S4 at all. They dont deserve Laurie Holden, she should make some more cool movies and find another tv show. F the Walking Dead they should kill everyone in S4 at least one every other episode. Stick with the comics, the show sucks.

21. hellbilly666 May 3, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I’m enjoying the show, been reading the comic since it first came out. I enjoyed her on the show and was hoping for more of the badass “comic” Andrea, it’s a pity she’s dead, but that’s it, she’s dead. I don’t think they should have too many flashbacks, there’s plenty of stories they can do, just keep moving forward, learn from their mistakes. Remember this is the type of series people have been waiting decades for, it’s all trial and error for them.
        Also you said you have a man crush on a her? Don’t you mean a crush. Man crush means you have a crush on a man.

22. Andrea(LaurieHolden) (@nathanlynch22) May 4, 2013 at 4:49 pm

well i agree they should bring her back and she did know that the govenor was kinda a pysco it just her character liked to see the nice in them and didnt see the bad in people i think they should bring her back completly say it was a dream or something like that i hope they do bring her back anyway loveyoulaurie<3

23. lyle May 6, 2013 at 5:58 pm
      24. brenda.m. May 6, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Greg Harington said It all. I completely agree with moving on.

25. cheryl May 9, 2013 at 5:46 pm

If they keep killing off the big characters they will lose a lot more viewers..gutted Andrea was killed off…Just as gutted when Shane was killed off.

• Andrew May 20, 2013 at 1:37 am

They’ve killed off characters and yet the ratings are higher than ever….they aren’t losing any viewsers

26. krissa May 13, 2013 at 2:02 am

I hate it when they killed andrea’s character.. I like her so much..

• krissa May 13, 2013 at 2:05 am

And it won’t help if they will show her in flashbacks..its like they’re just fooling the viewers/fans..

27. anna t May 14, 2013 at 9:21 pm

wow people…how about creating backstory for Michonne through those flashbacks of what we didnt get to see? It would be interesting to see Michonne deal with Andreas death that way because its obviously going to effect her. Not through creepy ghost Andrea like Rick saw Lori unless Michonne needs some kind of moral compass like she tried to be for Andrea. For all you Andrea haters, one doesnt know how they will react in a situation until they are put there. She wanted normalcy, and a home and all the things that she could have had, had the gov not been a psycho. She wanted to ignore that side of him because she didnt want to be thrust back out into the crazy of the world. Did it backfire? Absolutely. Did people die? Yes but not because she failed in killing the gov. you all think it would be easy to kill someone but somehow I dont think many could pull it off. Killing someone you care for can never be an easy thing to do. She thought there were other ways and sadly it cost her everything in the end. And no we didnt see her body but we did see Michonne at the prison at the end when all the Woodbury survivors arrived on the bus so you people tell me.

28. Our Stan May 17, 2013 at 11:17 am

Please don’t bring her back, she should have been killed off in season 1!!!!!

29. Joey May 17, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I wasn’t a big fan of Andrea and I don’t think she was actually that strong and smart. She was pretty anoying with all her feelings and romantic stuff. Can’t wait to see how much of a cold hearted killer Carl is about to become !

30. Smoke May 18, 2013 at 1:28 am

Flashbacks including Andrea can work perfectly as long as theyre used to uncover more of Michone. The best way would be to include them as episode intros, the same way flashbacks worked during season 1 & 2 to reveal some of what happened after Rick got shot & while he was in a comma. As far as a movie goes, it would be good to make it about the rise of the Govenor, Ive never read the book but it would be good to see what his story is. Or maybe a movie about the original group making their way to Atlanta & formimg together in the midst of all the chaos.

31. twd lover May 18, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I think of Glenn being more of a important character than Andrea was

32. jeff May 19, 2013 at 9:23 pm

they could allways say that it was a dream. i mean why not they did it for dallas when bobby was supposed to have died and they brought him back saying pam dreamed the it all.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur May 19, 2013 at 9:24 pm

haha I never watched Dallas. I am pretty sure fans would have a seizure if it was a ‘dream sequence’

33. Joshua Fuller May 19, 2013 at 10:00 pm

She’s still alive in comic. If you love her character and your pissed off just read the comic. Personally, I’m happy the show mixes things up.

34. Flam May 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I’m glad she was offed, she was getting annoying!

35. Chris May 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

TV Show Andrea is nothing like Comic Andrea. I believe I may have punched the air when it turned out that she’d been bitten. The actress seemed to have one facial expression for the majority of the last season. Like a constipated tortoise.

Just for the record, Comic Andrea is one of my favourite characters in the comic…

36. Flux May 19, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I really really thought that she would survive in that room. And i was rooting for it also. I was screaming NO NO NOOO when the blood came under the door.. Yes she was a total whore last season, but she is an awesome motherfucker in the comics and i think she would have been much better this season.. but hey can’t get everyhting :P

See you next in the comics an.

37. Brian Greenland May 19, 2013 at 10:28 pm

how the hell are they going to bring her back when she was bitten and all we heard was a gun being shot off behind a closed door. It would be impossible for her to come back!!

38. sandy May 19, 2013 at 10:47 pm

yes we would like to see Andrea back on the show..she was great

39. Amy lowry May 20, 2013 at 12:26 am

i would like to see Aundrea to come back but not in flash backs, that would be stupid, since we never saw her kill herself they could figure out a way for michone to maybe cut part of her wound to save the spread of the virus and she helped her recover from the bite….if they can do it for Herschel with his leg then they can do it with aundrea….

• valerie May 20, 2013 at 2:26 am

you didn’t need to see her kill herself- they had he body wrapped up on the tailgate of the truck when they got back to the prison. She’s dead, her character sucked. Let it go

40. Nikki Lee Davis May 20, 2013 at 12:28 am

Please let her stay dead- I liked her character but if she wanted to live she’d a worked harder getting out of that chair! LOL Stopping to talk to the almost dead man every 2 seconds, come on, worst scenes ever in the entire seasons!!!

41. Hayley May 20, 2013 at 1:02 am

Andrea is dead, let be. She wasn’t a good character, the show is better off without her. I saw one comment that said she should be kept alive so we can see how they fix the bitten. Lets not forget they did that with Hershel. I did like Andrea, but her role came to a good end. If I was sad about the loss of anyone in the show it would have to be Dale. We can’t bring him back and we can’t bring Andrea back. Let’s just move on, lets let the other characters evolve.

42. Adam S. May 20, 2013 at 1:12 am

You lost me at “Andrea’s character was Intelligent, mature…” This is a woman who didn’t have the common sense to steer clear of Shane or The Governor, or a walker Miltion, who flat out told her, “you should hurry,” as she droned on justifying her idiotic behavior of the past. When you have been on a show three seasons and you still need instructions on how to survive, you’re an idiot. The end. Please let her be gone for good. Worst female character ever…aside from Lori, mother of the year.

43. Karen May 20, 2013 at 1:31 am

She’s dead leave her that way . Flashbacks aren’t going to work . I think they would be a waste of show time.

44. Helen Flora May 20, 2013 at 1:39 am

I am glad she is gone, people need to get over it, she was one of the least productive characters, and the only people who want to see her on are the ones who liked her partial nude scenes. Get over it. I watch the show for the zombie killing action, and not who screws who, who is currently voted eye candy. True TWD Fans are not interested in that crap, we want to see how bad these characters have to fight to stay alive, you want tits and ass rent a porno.

45. lalunademuerte May 20, 2013 at 1:52 am

Our Group of TWD watchers cheered when she died. She had it coming for a while. We even had a drinking game of drinking every time she acted slutty or stupid… we drank a ton.

46. Anthony Kolodziej May 20, 2013 at 1:59 am

First off, Laurie Holden is a horrible actress. Her scenes were difficult to watch and her character was dried up. Cutting her is a huge relief.

Secondly, anyone that complains that the show is going to far off from the comic is forgetting the point. If the writers made it scene for scene to the comic it would lose views because there would be now cliffhangers

47. Paul M. Murray May 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

Flashbacks are good, but only if They’re not over done.

48. Eddy Crew May 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm

If they want to bring her back they can always do the twin sister gig. Just because they only showed the little sister that died does not mean she didn’t have a twin that was either never talked about or went with Dad after the divorce.

49. Robert Addley May 20, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Andrea is dead, if you want Lorie Holden back. give Laurie Holden a quick brunette die job and a quick makeover. Presto New character, the people will buy anything if it is done right. The actress i9s what they want and a very similar character will do as well. Bob

50. Marie May 20, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Look and seeeeee… Andrea was never shown blowing her head off, so it would be really easy to bring her back . Really easy that Michonne took the gun away and Andrea never got sick! Ok? Andrea never died.

51. Sebastiaan May 21, 2013 at 2:41 am

Her character was so lame. Every season she sided with the bad guy and made all the wrong choices. Glad she’s dead.

52. RickLoL May 21, 2013 at 9:49 am

Well from what I remember of the episode, they never really showed her die, or her dead. We just assume she shot herself, or died of her injuries.

53. lyle May 21, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Andrea is the strongest women’s character on this show !
        We feel she should be brought back because there are no pure good strong women on this show and Andrea has a heart of gold! No one saw her die. We don’t know what Michonne did , Andrea could have pasted out, Michonne could have cut out the bite and Andrea pasted but still lives. Hershel lived with one leg after being bit. Andrea wakes up after Michonne leaves her in the room, Michonne did not shoot her, she shot Milton again, cause she had to go with Rick. Andrea wakes up sick, but alive. YEAH!

54. Cybil May 23, 2013 at 6:42 pm

No matter what Andrea’s/ Laurie’s haters are gonna say, I still want her to bring back on TWD! And if they ever not going to do that, well I guess I’m going to dislike the entire show a little bit… and pretend that I was one of the characters and I have to accept that a strong member of our group has lost, then I have to move on! That’s it, just to relieve my sorrow because of her death!

55. jason May 27, 2013 at 3:11 am

KEELP HER ALIVE! PLEASE! I WANT ANDREA BACK! SHE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! Im losing interest on TWD now. Please bring her back!!!! :'(

56. afam4eva June 4, 2013 at 7:31 am

I was also angry that she had to be killed in the season finale. But i think she could be brought back not necessarily in a flashback. Note that, she wasn’t shown when she killed herself. A twist could be introduced into the show. If not, it’s really sad that a great character has to be truncated just like that. Mishone may be strong but she doesn’t talk much and has no character when compared to Andrea.

57. Stéfany Dufresne June 13, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I hope she’s not dead and she’ll return in season 4 !!! We just heard the gun shot, we don’t saw andrea’s death!! I think she’ll come back and there’s a cure !!

58. judokid46 June 14, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Ever since the CDC i have also wanted her dead do not bring her back! she is the worst character on the show the Governor is close to beating her at being the worst but BY GOD AMC should of killed her off alot sooner than season 3

59. Stéfany Dufresne June 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Judokid46 are you freakin kidding me? Andrea was the only character who has gots and strenght.. She would never have died!

60. Shadazar July 1, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Yes TV Andrea was much different than comic Andrea. It was like looking at two completely different characters who just happened to have the same name. Its the same with Maggie. She has a much more active badass role in the group on the show whereas in the comic she is always on the peripheral. Tv Carol is also completely diferent from comic Carol, the only thing they also share is that they have the same name. Michonne is so much more fleshed out in the comics, why didn’t they use the comic as more of a template to give the character more depth from the very begininng instead of waiting for the episode clear towards the end of the season to see her shine? I seriously don’t know the answer to that one. They really could have salvaged Andrea, I disagree with many of the comments here, it was feasible. Why? Because they did it with Carol’s character by cutting out half of who Carol was in season 1 and 2 and replacing those traits with more likeable ones and entertwining much of her character development with the most popular character on the show which in turn made Carol likeable to the fans. If they developed Andreas character in season 3 just like they did Carols and also incorporated some of her comic aspects, trust me we would not be having all the Andrea dislike.

61. green11 July 5, 2013 at 7:06 am

All u people who thank Andrea should stay dead is wrong she is one of the main characters and I thank she is the best she is beautiful and perfect its just screwed up with her gone I acutely cried when she died in the show she’s my favorite character u guys made a big mistake well this is my opinion I’m not even going to watch it any more unless she is in season 4 well that’s all :(

62. Saddlebackmac USMC July 9, 2013 at 12:40 am

I was in love with her…BOO!

63. badfactory July 9, 2013 at 3:16 am

Aesthetics aside, the character was dragging the entire show from CDC onward. They tried to inject some kind of usefulness in her with her melee abilities but after the 150th forearm-shiver-to-knife-in-head-thrust nobody thought she was tough anymore. She couldn’t shoot, she was overly dramatic about EVERYTHING, she couldn’t commit to a group until it was obvious to a monkey how bad the governor was (and after most of the damage was done), and once Shane was out she had no parallel. Michonne’s tactical usefulness and ability to cut the crap when delivering lines instantly endeared her to way more fans than Andrea ever had. I’m not blaming the actress who played her, I’m just saying the character sucked in general. The show isn’t meant to be a soap opera and I thought I hated Michonne until she finally got away from Andrea and I realized it really was just Andrea that was getting under my skin.

This is coming from someone who never understood the Lori bashing, I liked her all the way until the end. Andrea was just a wasted character. The reason why nobody (including the actress) knew she was going to die at the end is because I genuinely believe season 3 was a crossroads for the writers. If the fans endeared themselves to the plight of Andrea and the place was she was in, and appreciated the difficulty she experienced in forming decisions, she obviously would have stuck around. The problem is such a minority of fans enjoyed those aspects of the show (I literally rolled my eyes when Andrea was on screen — I knew it was 5 minutes of useless plot stagnating, existential crisis monologue coming up) that they had to dump her. Especially since everyone and everything on the show besides Andrea was absolutely fantastic.

Basically, I couldn’t be happier her dead weight is off the show and am looking forward to a much better season without her. Hoping some of the Woodbury residents they took in don’t take her place, or at least aren’t as dramatic.

64. AndreaAwesomeness July 10, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I want her to come back as a person not in flashbacks or mashones pet she is my favorite character please bring her back. I don’t care what other people say she was awesome please bring her back I would really appreciate it

65. Jonathon Frost October 3, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I believe Andrea had to die, it’s it like she real wanted to die, also there was no actual evidence she died, just her screaming. Aslo michonne is a better character then adrea periode!!

66. LMH October 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I was mad that she was killed off. I liked the twist of the story with Andrea but I wish that the end would have involved the Govenor being killed by Milton ( which would have been a switch of his character) while trying to save Andrea. Just a thought. Wonder where that Govenor will show up eventually?

67. Bring Andrea Back October 10, 2013 at 6:56 am

The Andrea character is just another example of poor writing. Her character finally was interesting at the end of Season 2, and then the writers rob the audience of her development in season 3. Yes, she was kind of bitchy at Dale for saving her, but it was clear as could be at the end of season 2 that she wanted to live and was starting to turn into a badass. In season 3, the writers rob the audience of the journey that could have been told with Michonne and instead turn her into a unaware, ditzy blond stereotype. “I don’t want anyone else to die.” Really? Have you seen how many zombies are snacking on your friends? What a disappointment! Her character deserved better and I do hope the writers redeem her character through flashbacks or some other means. After all, some people are immune to every virus. Hint. Hint. The only interesting female characters left on the show are Michonne and Carol.

68. Todd Stolman October 11, 2013 at 5:57 pm

She’s dead Finally Thank Goodness! If I never seen Laurie Holden again it will be too soon!

69. MechLink October 13, 2013 at 11:31 pm

intelligent? no she was an idiot glade to see her die, best part of the season.

70. Jake B. October 15, 2013 at 6:43 am

I loved Andrea in Season 2, especially towards the end. She was finally starting to fend for herself….they destroyed her in Season 3. There was no reason for her to die at all. In fact when I was watching the season 4 premier all I kept saying to myself was… “This episode needs Andrea.” There is no other female character like Andrea. People could only see the bad in her, yet she was a very caring person. If you rewatch the seasons you will see that. I think Laurie is being overly polite. They did not do her character justice. She was a stupid blonde in the third season and she had plenty of time to kill Walker Milton. This show is going in too many different directions, and I’m actually happy for Laurie Holden that she left the party before it flopped. Now she’s working with Jim Carrey and Jennifer Lawrence. Woohoo :)

71. Wanting October 28, 2013 at 2:02 pm

If Daryl / Rick died, I bet all of the people will beg them to bring then back. 10 points to the walkers.

72. sdfjoiwed October 29, 2013 at 11:12 am

the whole point of the show is to describe a dystopian future. people you love die. what they should do to make it most realistic to randomly decide who to kill of next, idealy nobody should survive in the long run.

73. Marty November 30, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I want her back

74. Melon December 2, 2013 at 10:53 am

I stopped watching after Andrea died. In the comic book Rick and Andrea were OTP… on the show, the writers ruined everything.

75. Frank January 13, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Really late on this thread because I finally caught up after I dvr’d the entire series on New Years.

I’m glad Andrea is dead. She was so annoying at the CDC… I wanna die, I wanna die. Then shooting Daryl after his arrow mishap lookin for Sophia. Messing around with the devil himself…. Shane. And then being so damn wishy washy and back and forth between Woodbury and the prison. She needed to die. Michonne is a bad ass character though. Definitely the female Daryl type character.

76. Ruby February 27, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Andrea doesn’t really deserve to die .

77. josh March 23, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Well if they didn’t show Andrea death or lori death then they should bring back Andrea and lori