Another Day of the Dead Remake is Coming

Goon 145 Comments

I’m sure many of you remember the horrendous Day of the Dead remake that came out a couple years ago that was directed by Steve Miner starring Nick Canon and Mena Suvari. It was.. beyond terrible in my opinion.

Well today it seems as though we will have another Day of the Dead remake coming soon.

Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell, who produced “Texas Chainsaw 3D,” have just purchased the rights from James and Robert Dudelson. The later team was behind the atrocious Creepshow 3. So, I guess this is a good thing. Although it is in the hands of the people who made Texas Chainsaw 3D now. Not entirely sure how this is going to turn out.

They talked to LA Times a little bit about what they want to do.

“We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible,” Campbell said, “to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in ‘World War Z.'”

So I guess thats a bright point? I don’t know anymore. We’ll be following this one to see where it goes. But the chance to see a remake that will rank up there with Dawn of the Dead or Night of the Living Dead look bleak.

Another Day of the Dead Remake is Coming

30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. Greg July 11, 2013 at 4:59 am

The other remake did get a decent zombie game based off it at least.

2. Michael July 11, 2013 at 6:07 am

Don’t hate on Creepshow 3. The story with the two former college students gleefully dismembering their old professor’s fiance’ was genius.

3. zombie July 13, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I hope this remake ends up being of the same caliber as the Dawn of the Dead one was.

4. Kermet Merl Key July 17, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I sincerely hope they get the budget to make Romero’s original script for DOTD.

5. Punch Killmaster November 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Blah. They need to stop remaking EVERYTHING. Period.

• Kelly January 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm

So True! I believe they can’t come up with anything new now a days! lol

6. Punch Killmaster November 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Blah. They need to stop remaking EVERYTHING. Period.

7. Matt Bible November 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm

No. Stop. End the madness.

8. Matt Bible November 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm

No. Stop. End the madness.

9. Joshua Jay Jacob November 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Not surprised

10. Joshua Jay Jacob November 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Not surprised

11. Adam Myles November 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm

blah…

12. Adam Myles November 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm

blah…

13. Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Blah, is freaking right..considering this movie almost put me to sleep..

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 3, 2013 at 7:51 pm

the original is genius.

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 7:51 pm

It is if you are having trouble sleeping..lol.

• Steven Urquhart
          Steven Urquhart November 3, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Saul, you just have horrible taste then. Bub stole the show.

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 8:03 pm

If sitting through a movie yawning for the majority of the beginning only to wake up to a fairly well made gory near ending makes me have bad taste, I guess you are right.

14. Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Blah, is freaking right..considering this movie almost put me to sleep..

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 3, 2013 at 7:51 pm

the original is genius.

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Night Of The Living Dead was the only movie Romero aced..he should have quit after that..

• Steve Peterman
          Steve Peterman November 3, 2013 at 8:16 pm

to each their own . . .

• Steven Michael Kirkpatrick
          Steven Michael Kirkpatrick November 3, 2013 at 8:19 pm

The Movies message about people trying to work together appealed to me. I love it, but I can also see why others wouldn’t. Respect your opinion.

• John Brenner
          John Brenner November 3, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Man, I usually respect other people’s opinions. It’s hard to though when somebody is so wrong, and they’re being dicks about it… Day of the Dead is a masterpiece. End of story.

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 8:23 pm

My stating an opinion makes me a dick? lol..

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 8:23 pm

And yes..the majority of that movie is BORING..so hate away.

• Randy Adams
          Randy Adams November 3, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Idiot, both Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead rock!

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 3, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Oh, so now I am an idiot? nice ad hominem, there, Randy..

• Vivian Raffeala Kasley
          Vivian Raffeala Kasley November 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I don’t think you are a dick or an idiot for not liking something. I like Day of the Dead A LOT, but not everyone is going to like the same thing. :)

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 3, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I love Day but Saul Eduardo López you are NOT an idiot for having your own opinion and tastes. All views are welcome here.

• John Brenner
          John Brenner November 3, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Opinions are welcome, but strong rejection of said opinions should also be welcome… haha

• Vivian Raffeala Kasley
          Vivian Raffeala Kasley November 3, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Good call Horror-Movies.ca!

• Saul Eduardo López
          Saul Eduardo López November 4, 2013 at 1:58 am

I still don’t see why I need to be called a dick as opposed to addressing my points. Not very rational, imo.

• Maurice Lemire
          Maurice Lemire November 4, 2013 at 7:09 am

another remake thats all they due know adays,, it sucks

15. Punch Killmaster November 3, 2013 at 7:51 pm

STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!! STOP REMAKING GOOD MOVIES!!!

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur November 3, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Hey Killmaster I wish you would tell us how you really feel :)

16. Evan Lefavor November 3, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Sounds good to me. They say they are gonna stick to the original, so it could turn out to be alright. We will have to wait and see.

• Kelly January 12, 2014 at 7:31 pm

It’s great when they stick to the original! Like you said it could turn out alright! :)

17. Matthew Kaprutus November 3, 2013 at 7:53 pm

They’ll never top the original! Btw…the original was filmed 15 minutes from my apartment.

18. Dean Schiessl November 3, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the original and i look forward to the remake :)

19. Alexander Portillo November 3, 2013 at 7:55 pm

The original never got respect, now they’re doing ANOTHER remake?

20. Peter Lemoi November 3, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats 80’s zombies!

21. Rich Parrott November 3, 2013 at 7:56 pm

No more please!!!!!!

22. James Bayliss November 3, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Here’s a novel idea, why doesn’t someone have an original idea for a change. Instead of belittling every classic film moment I have from my youth, by creating yet another inferior and ill thought out rehash!!!

23. Pedro Santos November 3, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I want them to just fuck off, just fuck off

24. Junior Gonzales-Byrn November 3, 2013 at 8:05 pm

They already did one. With Mina Something.

25. Matthew Baxter November 3, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Unnecessary.

26. Matthew Baxter November 3, 2013 at 8:10 pm

And if you don’t love the original DOTD, you have horrible taste in horror movies. It’s that simple.

27. Matthew Baxter November 3, 2013 at 8:10 pm

28. Shaun Raudabaugh November 3, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Stop redoing remakes leave classics alone

29. Toby Woon November 3, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Last one was super blah.

30. Mark Langner November 3, 2013 at 8:15 pm

My favourite ever movie
        If it’s gonna be as good as Dawn of The Dead remake then bring it on I say

31. John Brenner November 3, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Stop with the remakes. Orginal ideas please!

32. Anastasia Vonbeaverhausen November 3, 2013 at 8:23 pm

If they want to make it as close as possible to Romero’s then they should not remake it let Romero’s great classic stand as it is. Stop trying to cash in on a great film. If it’s anything like Texas 3D it’ll be fucking terrible and they need to stop fucking up great movies.

33. Justin Evans November 3, 2013 at 8:24 pm

The shitty Day Of The Dead remake sucked,The one with Ving Rhames

34. Robert O'Dell November 3, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I wanna see a zombie flick where they break into all these Hollywood executive offices & tear all those mothetfuckers to pieces!

35. Author Clarence AceSuccess Box November 3, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Blah

36. Anastasia Vonbeaverhausen November 3, 2013 at 8:25 pm

37. Kolbey Leek November 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Im down. I wish every movie was a zombie movie!

38. Sam Hain November 3, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Anything as long as it looks nothing like that POS WWZ.

39. Jim Laca November 3, 2013 at 8:57 pm

As long as it is done properly.

40. Bizz Markie November 3, 2013 at 9:19 pm

It’s treading water in a sea of retarded lameness.

41. Mark O'Connor November 3, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Day of the dead remake with nick canon? Terrible I don’t know it could be called a remake. movie was nothing like it except people where military

42. Sean Carney November 3, 2013 at 9:46 pm

All i am going to say is that the original Bub need to make a cameo with the actor that played him Sherman Howard!!! maybe roaming around with the head phones and the gun still in hand lol, but he truly needs a damn cameo

43. Robert Del Galdo November 3, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Billy Sblano c’mon bub

44. Matthew Ramirez November 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Should make it as Romero intended to!

45. Aaron Whitsell November 3, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Are you fucking kidding me????????? UGH!!!!!!!!

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 1:18 am

Utter bullshit……… These fuckhead directors never know when to quit..

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 1:26 am

I know bro!! I keep hearing about all kinds of remakes besides this one too!! Sleepaway Camp , Pet Semetery I mean where does it end?? Where’s the creativity / originality these days???

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 1:29 am

I saw the post about sleepaway camp… That’s just repulsive.. And pet semetery? Goddamn dude… And ppl consider these shithead directors talents… My ass makes more talent farting than this remake crapfest

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 1:31 am

Hahahahaha What gets me is when they remake movies that were just remade!! Carrie has been remade twice now and now another Day Of The Dead?? Wasn’t the last turd enough?

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 1:33 am

Plus they freaking made a follow up to the old Sleepaway Camp a few years back, why this? Yeah Carrie needs to remain in the golden years not this present turd polish contest! Romero needs to tell these retards to cease with this shenanigan hahaha

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 1:36 am

I wish someone would put a stop to it!!! I’m sick of seeing my favorite movies remade!! If it’s not broke why fix it!

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 1:38 am

Same here man! It’s been old and annoying! If they ever tried remaking the Burning I think someone’s getting sheared!!!!!!!!!!

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 1:39 am

Oh fuck man that will make me flip out hahahaha I really hope that never ever happens!!!

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 1:41 am

That must never happen and Big Trouble must never be remade! No one will fit Mr. Burton nor Lopan’s boots!!!!!!

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 1:51 am

Yeah there’s just some characters that can never be replaced man!!! Perfect example , the shitty Maniac remake!!! Joe Spinell was the only Frank Zito!!!

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 1:57 am

I still can’t get over the fact elijah dickwood was zito! I bet you Joe Spinell is rolling over in his grave about that! I refuse to watch it!

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 1:59 am

Me and the wife tried it but she fell asleep and I lost interest after about the first 20 minutes hahaha Woods is the size of a 9 year old little girl so it just doesn’t work!!!!

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 2:01 am

Hahahaha sounds about right!!!!! And the whole first person pov sounds retarded as shit!!

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 2:09 am

It was dude!!! It was really annoying and made just like a shitty found footage film!!!

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 2:10 am

Why is that such a trend these days? Found footage found footage found footage… Just enough! Argh… I wanna see it as it unfolds not some group of dumbass kids pick up a camcorder or some shit

• Aaron Whitsell
          Aaron Whitsell November 4, 2013 at 2:12 am

I hate it man!! It just makes my eye’s go blurry and if I watch it long enough will give me a bad headache!! I try to stay away from those films as much as possible lol..

• Will Greenwood
          Will Greenwood November 4, 2013 at 2:30 am

I’m the same way… I’d give it one chance and end up with an eye-ache/headache! I’ll forever be lost in the 80’s and before!

46. title November 3, 2013 at 11:14 pm

As long as people keep watching remakes, hollywood will keep making them. If they’re gonna remake this one, they should at least use Romero’s original unused script, but that would probly require too much of a budget.

47. Michael Hawk November 3, 2013 at 11:27 pm

we ALL need more Bub!….”say hello aunt alicia”

• Moses Garza
          Moses Garza November 3, 2013 at 11:40 pm

”Heeeelooooo Aaaant Aaaleesshhhha”..

48. Buck Rogez November 4, 2013 at 12:39 am

They need to leave the original alone…they’ve already fucked up. This whole remake phase is like a disease.

49. Alandros Stettina November 4, 2013 at 6:20 am

NO! Leave it alone!

50. Lana Hayward January 12, 2014 at 3:56 pm

i don’t think they should remake this film

51. Michael Looman January 12, 2014 at 3:57 pm

George Romero is the father of the best Zombie films ever.

• Robert Lightfoot
          Robert Lightfoot January 12, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Romero’s had his day, every thing after Day wasn’t on par with his earlier stuff :(

52. Kortiza Hasim Tew January 12, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Loved that zombie he was smart

53. Joe Zombieman Cordova January 12, 2014 at 3:58 pm

I hope not that texas chainsaw movie sucked

54. Trevor Schmitt January 12, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Day was already remade once and it sucked. Let’s not do it again.

55. Eddie Gudino January 12, 2014 at 3:59 pm

ITS BOB

56. Nigel Peters January 12, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Well considering Texas was pretty naff, I don’t know, had such high hopes for that movie, boy was I wrong…

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca January 12, 2014 at 4:06 pm

you are not alone

• Robert Lightfoot
          Robert Lightfoot January 12, 2014 at 4:10 pm

which texas the remake or the last one, as the remake one was garbage

57. Brandon Selzer January 12, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Wasnt there already a remake?

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca January 12, 2014 at 4:05 pm

there was a remake and a really REALLY bad sequel

58. Torrey R. Sample January 12, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Gotta be better than the garbage, “sequel,” and the AnnaLynne McCord/Nick Cannon remake. Let’s hope it’s more Zack Snyder, “Dawn…” and less that most recent, “Night Of The Living Dead, ” remake. Ugh.

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca January 12, 2014 at 4:05 pm

if Zack Snyder was directing and producing I would give it a chance!

• Torrey R. Sample
          Torrey R. Sample January 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm

ExACTly. The original is my favorite of the Romero run. “Contagium,” and the Cannon/Rhames/McCord/Suvari remake just pissed me off. Wasn’t AS terrible as I thought it would be, but still sucked arse. Badly.

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca January 12, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Contagium is one of those movies where you just sit with the popcorn bag in your lap staring blankly at the screen with a ‘wtf’ face.

• Torrey R. Sample
          Torrey R. Sample January 12, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Only made it through a 1/2 hour of it, tbh…….LOL

• John Bayer
          John Bayer January 13, 2014 at 5:02 am

I can’t believe Steve Miner directed that piece of trash.

59. Jason Campbell January 12, 2014 at 4:02 pm

TC 3D was garbage, not getting my hopes up for this. It’ll be better than that Nick Cannon atrocity of the same name though. No way they could out shitty that turd.

60. Travis Wiley January 12, 2014 at 4:02 pm

As long as nick cannon & king of the zombie movies ving rhames is not in it, im in..

61. Bitc Hes Betrippin January 12, 2014 at 4:02 pm

The zombie genre is so vast there is no reason why they should remake any zombie flick.

62. Brad Lindsey January 12, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Day is my all time favorite leave it alone.Seems like Hollywood can’t come up with new material all the can do is repackage an old product.All they do is remakes now.

63. Scott Howley January 12, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Best remake is night of the living dead, Tony Todd version, after that, they should all be left alone.

64. Brandon Selzer January 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

How about a night of the living dead remake, same time frame as the original and have the movie in black and white.

65. Tony Logan January 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

again

66. Brad Lindsey January 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Just read the article said they wanted to keep it as close to the Romero version as possbile. How about this just re-release the original in 3-D.

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca January 12, 2014 at 4:18 pm

huh now that would be interesting.

67. Arie Bonsor January 12, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Day of the dead is my fav… Don’t f it up or I’ll be supper pissed. Maken it 3d is a great way to F IT UP! >.<

68. Panagiotis Loumiotis January 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I dont know but i hope they use the opening theme song and scene ! Its the best part in the movie!!!

69. Sarah Jane Porter January 12, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Not another remake bloody hell originals are best

70. Tom Tfs Best January 12, 2014 at 4:20 pm

This is insulting. Texas 3D was terrible.

71. Dominic St-Laurent January 12, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Texas Chainsaw 3D was a terrible and I hope this re-remake it will not be in 3D with lazy CGI effects. If they want “keeping with Romero’s vision”, they should keep the original script that Romero previously writes for DoD. Anyway, I don’t think this remake is in good hands. :S

72. Joel Rampello January 12, 2014 at 4:31 pm

the Tom savini notld remakes not as bad as people make it out to be

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca January 12, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I had no idea people made that remake out to be bad. Tom Savinis remake of Night of the Living dead was excellent because of Romero’s involvement.

73. Jesse Lane Moore January 12, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Wow…. Dominic you couldn’t be more right. The team behind Texas chainsaw 3D? Let’s hope they get things right like logic and plausibility since ya know they couldn’t even get a simple time line right in chainsaw.

74. Harley Crash Roberts January 12, 2014 at 4:38 pm

hope not

75. Sean O'Donnell January 12, 2014 at 4:50 pm

When they say Romeros original vision do they mean the script or the version that was made? The original script is completely different then the finished product. I personally dont care for Romeros Day of the Dead, it was a huge step down from Dawn in character and scope. The original script on the other hand was much broader in scope and should have been made!

76. Malik Sohail Nawaz January 12, 2014 at 4:50 pm

its perfect & ultimate horror movie.I watched it when I was in class 6.
        love it.

77. Zac Erickson January 12, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Michael Frankenstein Bub

78. Benjamin Christy January 12, 2014 at 5:23 pm

You can’t remake Bub!

79. James L. DePeal January 12, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Dear god no!

80. Jeffrey C. Vanacore January 12, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I he not. Sick and tired of 3D.

81. Melody Rupe January 12, 2014 at 6:07 pm

His name is bub

82. Tim Bearden January 12, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I hope its in 3D because that will probably be the only good thing about it.

83. Ross Mitchell January 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Its my faveorite one of the original trilogy. Im hoping they pull a Dawn of the Dead in terms of remaking it, dont compete with the original but make a fun stand alone rollercoaster ride.

84. Duane Cunningham January 12, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I just hope they keep “Bub” In the Remake.

85. Niklas Johannes Storvall January 12, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Why remake and destroy every good film ever made? Getting real tired of this shit..

86. Luca Modica January 12, 2014 at 11:16 pm

I’m sorry but you should not remake a classic.

87. Robert Sanders January 12, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Texas Chainsaw 3D…one of the worst movies of last year…So this really is……bad news…..They better call it…..The day the Dead Sucked….. in flesheating 3D……

88. Buck Rogez January 13, 2014 at 12:44 am

NO NO NO NO…..chainsaw 3d was a huge shit sandwich….GAWBAGE!!!!!!!

89. Mind Original January 13, 2014 at 1:58 am

Texas Chainsaw 3D was terrible. I can only imagine what they will do with Day of The Dead

90. Gregory Allen Chase January 13, 2014 at 3:09 am

Ugh ….

91. Nosferatusbutt January 13, 2014 at 10:02 am

I just don’t get it. Why remake a film thats already perfect. Plus that is already in pages of horror history. What’s the point? By a slight chance you might make a few bucks, which I doubt. All the film will be rememberd by is just a small shit smear of a ripped apart classic. If you want to make the fans happy. …leave it alone. Inform them where to buy a good priced dvd or blu ray of the original and let them enjoy a classic.