The awesome guys over at Arrow Video, certainly know a thing or two about what we as horror fans want, and today is no different as Roger Corman’s horror classic, The Fall of the House of Usher, has been announced for Blu-ray and an awesome steelbook.
Yep, this sucker is making its way to the UK this August 26th, and we have the artwork and all the details you need to see if this sucker is worth your money, and well, it is filled with all the awesome stuff, so check it out.
The film is in a High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation which is transferred and restored from the original film elements by MGM.
Look for this one on Monday, August 26th.
When Philip Winthrop (Mark Damon) visits his fiancée Madeline Usher (Myrna Fahey) in her crumbling family mansion, her brother Roderick (Price) tries to talk him out of the wedding, explaining that the Usher family is cursed and that extending its bloodline will prolong the agony. Madeline wants to elope with Philip, but neither of them can predict what ruthless lengths Roderick will go to in order to keep them apart.
- – Original uncompressed 2.0 Mono PCM Audio.
- – Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- – Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman.
- – Legend to Legend: An interview with director and former Corman apprentice Joe Dante.
- – Interview with author and Gothic horror expert Jonathan Rigby.
- – Fragments of the House of Usher: A Specially-commissioned video essay by critic and
- filmmaker David Cairns examining Corman’s film in relation to Poe’s story.
- – Archival interview with Vincent Price.
- – Original Trailer.
- – Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham
- Humphreys [Standard Release only].
- – Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Tim Lucas and
- an extract from Vincent Price’s long out of print autobiography, illustrated with original
- archive stills and posters.