Resident Evil 7 Returning to its Roots

Goon 11 Comments

Resident Evil 7 Returning to its RootsIf Resident Evil 6 didn’t impress you, good news. Capcom have heard your issues and are planning to return the game to its survival horror roots with Resident Evil 7. Even though the game sold about 5 million copies they had expected the game to hit 7 and have looked at several reviews and plan to correct their errors.

We have obviously seen the consumer response and the PR response,” former Capcom marketing boss Michael Pattison told MCV.

There was some great positives out of that, but it was a mixed bag, as we saw from the review scores. We have got to take that on-board, we can’t ignore that, and we have to take that onto the next game when we make the next Resident Evil.

He added: “With Resident Evil 6 specifically, we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated. The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You’ll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase.”

This is very good news for horror gamers. We may finally get the bad ass Resident Evil game we have been waiting several years for.

Most Disturbing Horror Movies Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time

1. draperyfalls925 August 16, 2013 at 3:15 am

I’ll believe it when I see it. Last re story I liked was nemesis.

• brad August 18, 2013 at 9:10 am

spot on

2. Shawn August 16, 2013 at 3:16 am

I loved Leon and Ada Wong’s story lines! Chris Redfield’s was action not horror really, and Jake Muller’s story was fun but felt like Dead Space. I hope they take it back to what Leon and Ada Wong’s story lines were like, puzzles, and horror survival. personally Resident Evil 5 is my least favourite game overall.

3. bob101910 August 16, 2013 at 5:24 am

It’s going to be hard for them to top 6. So much fun, especially in co-op.

4. FalihSheva August 17, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Okay, I so loved Sheva. But in Resident Evil 6, I really love Ada Wong, and Jake Muller. I hope they’re will be in Resident Evil 6. Oh, yeah, and don’t forget, to waiting an few years

5. bearmon2010 August 17, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I love Chris. He is hot! :D

6. Kjwhatthefuke August 18, 2013 at 7:01 am

As long as Jill comes back, Jill’s model for 5 was my favorite.

7. brad August 18, 2013 at 9:13 am

Resident evil is dead! theres no coming back for it. It was a terrible, terrible game and i wish i saved my money, nemesis was the last truly good RE game.

8. caja88 August 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I hope it plays like RE 4. With the same atmosphere also. That’s hands down the best game ever made(GameCube).

9. Ben September 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Hah! That’s what they said about 6 while it was in development but when it came out, boom! Gave the core players who’ve been loyal since 1996 a massive kick in the nads once again. 1-3 were phenomenal, true survival horror, as well as the GameCube remake along with 0. Code Veronica was decent too. Resident evil 4 retained some horror aspects but 5 was just ugh. Here’s to hoping they keep their word and let us feel real survivor horror again in the next generation of gaming.

10. Tyson December 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Resident evil 3 was the scariest game ever made .. I remember Nemesis coming out of nowhere to haunt the last living member of S.T.A.R.S Jill valentine… that’s what i call horror . Do something simmilar on resident evil 7 if you like selling out games … :)