Clive Barker to Write the Hellraiser Remake! – Doug Bradley to Return? Plus More

Chris Savage 14 Comments

Clive Barker to Write the Hellraiser Remake!   Doug Bradley to Return? Plus MoreYep. You read that headline right. Today is a joyous day for us horror fiends and of course, for us fans of Clive Barker’s Hellraiser. As you all know there has been a lot of talk in the past regarding the remake of Hellraiser and basically, it has led to know where. But, today it’s a totally different story all together and I am quite frankly stoked to the core!

Recently, Clive Barker took to his official Facebook page to announce the awesome news that he will indeed be penning the script for Dimension Films’ Hellraiser remake;

HOT FROM HELL! My friends,I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures,in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first HELLRAISER film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity-honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film-was attractive to Dimension.

Today I have officially been invited to write the script based upon that pitch.What can I tell you about it?Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first HELLRAISER. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley,and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed.

So once the papers are signed , I will open a Lemarchand Configuration,dip my quill in its contents and start writing . I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here ,because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Corespondent ,me. My very best wishes to you
all,my friends.

So with this awesome news, the first questions on my mind are, who will be directing, and will this be rated R? I mean, it has to be rated R, right?

While we have no word on a director we do know that the remake will indeed be rated R, and it appears once the Hellraiser remake is done, Clive Barker will be writing and directing a brand new original horror feature too! Here is what Barker said;

As questions are asked I’ll do my best to answer them,though as you all know making movies is a volatile art,and things seldom remain fixed. One question regarding the rating has been asked. I asked it too,and Dimension confirmed that they are purely interested in an R rated picture.Somebody else asked why I’m not writing something original. The answer is that I am.After HELLRAISER I intend to write and direct a completely new horror movie,which will mingle graphic horror and erotic content,to create an unrated film which will push the envelope of extreme content further than ever…

So there you have it guys, what do you think?

25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time

1. Clinton Bichard October 25, 2013 at 7:30 am

Another horror news site posting about Bradley’s return even though he posted himself that he hasn’t heard anything about this.

2. Clinton Bichard October 25, 2013 at 7:34 am

From Doug:
        “Hi everyone! Just arrived in Orlando for Spooky Empire, to be greeted by the news via FearNet and Clive Barkers Facebook that he is writing a new Hellraiser script and intends that I should play Pinhead again. This is intriguing news, about which I know absolutely nothing. No one has contacted or spoken to me about returning. So until you hear from me to the contrary, assume that all rumors about me returning as Pinhead are only rumors.
        Peace & Pain.”
        -Doug

• listentolindsay October 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm

It wasnt really said that he WAS returning.. only that they would want him to return.

3. Junior Gonzales-Byrn October 25, 2013 at 7:47 am

NO MORE REMAKES!!!!!

4. Donnie Pace October 25, 2013 at 9:23 am

This will be great at least it is staying in the Family keep those other bad Directors away from Hellraiser the last coupe of films were not that good.

5. Teddy Flanders October 25, 2013 at 10:35 am

Nick, tell Mike.

6. Ricky Haas October 25, 2013 at 11:20 am

Rob Miller Henry D’Angelo Franco Luzzi not sure how I feel with a Barker/Bradley return.. i was looking forward to seeing a completely new rentition

7. Tiago October 25, 2013 at 4:41 pm

It is official. Every classic horror of the 80’s has been remade. Next step is to get to the B-sides. Sleepaway Camp I vote, hehehehe, they would never get away with a movie like that nowadays. But Hellraiser, that fits perfect.

8. Michael Sky October 25, 2013 at 6:02 pm

i think chris nolan should do it!

9. Andy Olearczyk October 25, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Awesome !

10. John DeGroot October 26, 2013 at 2:06 am

gay

11. Cynthia Camacho October 26, 2013 at 7:41 am

I was just at Spooky Empire today and I personally asked Doug if he had been contacted or asked to play the part of pinhead in a future remake. He said No. No one had contacted him and he knew nothing about it.

12. bob101910 October 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Clive’s movies have been going down the dumpster lately. Not sure if I can get excited for this.

13. Joe November 3, 2013 at 2:30 am

Another remake? Here’s a good idea for a movie. A person writes a movie script based on a new idea that is actually good. The original Hellraiser wasn’t even that scary or entertaining, for that matter. What’s next a remake of Robocop?….oh, wait.