Dan Aykroyd Gives Another Update on Ghostbusters 3

Chris Savage 35 Comments Movie Page: Ghostbusters 3

Dan Aykroyd Gives Another Update on Ghostbusters 3Are you guys still holding out for a third Ghostbusters film or has it got to the point of simply not caring? We have had a slew of updates on the film in past and yet we still don’t seem to be getting any closer to actual film, but perhaps it is moving quicker than we thought.

Recently, 3news.co.nz caught up with Dan Aykroyd in regards to the long talked about Ghostbusters sequel.

First off we get the same answer in regards to Bill Murray’s lack of involvement in the planned sequel;

Well, Billy is welcome to come in. He hasn’t committed, of course we have a hole for him there and a portal for him to walk through if he wants to. We are very close now to getting it together to start casting and hiring people.

And without Bill involved, Aykroyd continues with;

So basically it is nothing new, but perhaps we may hear some casting news very soon, and of course I’m very interested to hear where they take this one. But, is it too little too late?

20 Best Horror Films of 2011 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time

1. Ricardo Ono October 22, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Not caring.

2. Wayne John Davies October 22, 2013 at 7:29 pm

“You don’t need anyone from the first one. You don’t, it’s so strong without it. You get a new generation in there, new plot, use some of the particle physics, get a new Ecto, you don’t need to go back to the past.” I’m out.

3. Katy King October 22, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Way to kill the franchise Danny boy.

4. Tom Murphy October 22, 2013 at 7:34 pm

65 year old men chasing ghosts. no thanks

5. Jim Laca October 22, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Wtf? You don’t need the same cast? So… its like… a reboot? No. Same cast or I’m out.

6. Araly Weudoza October 22, 2013 at 7:38 pm

With out Bill??? Sniff

7. Junior Gonzales-Byrn October 22, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I’m still down to see it if it’s straight to vid or if they made a tv series which would probably take off better.

• Herner Klenthur
          Chris Huchingson October 23, 2013 at 1:51 am

Thats actually a killer idea. A series.. Id watch that.. :D

8. Del Robertson Somerville October 22, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Just no.

9. Burent Thomas October 22, 2013 at 7:39 pm

i woulda been much more impressed with a released movie with whoever they could get than waiting this long…. but… i’ll see it… at the discount theatre

10. Ewan Hoozarmy October 22, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Please, Dan. Just fucking stop it.

11. Richie Roy Jacob Belcher October 22, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Dan, just give it up dude. Let the two stand on their own, their both classics, you don’t need to douche it up by introducing a “new generation”.

12. Jeanette Lucero October 22, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I’d go see it!

13. Teufelhund Or October 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Better hurry up the casts members could die of old age..

14. Dean Waterman October 22, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Where’s the update then…?

15. Punch Killmaster October 22, 2013 at 8:59 pm

So, it’s okay for Bill Murray to make a piece of garbage like Zombieland, but he won’t get on board for a sure winner like Ghostbusters III?

Either we get the Murray/Aykroyd/Ramis/Hudson dynamic, or this movie can get fucked.

16. Jason Torrey October 22, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I loved Ghostbusters, part 2 was subpar in almost every way sans a few good lines. Part 3 will suck even with Bill Murray. No one wants a “new generation” of Ghostbusters, that will suck even harder. I’m with Bill Murray on this one, let it go, it’s going to be stupid.

17. Vincent Dawn October 22, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Obviously *some* of the original cast is on board, so no need to get your panties in a bunch just yet.

18. Robert O'Dell October 22, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Seriously? What about The Blues Brothers? We gonna try to bring them back again? Remember what happened the last time?

19. Danny Caster October 22, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I will watch it no matter what but I am shocked nobody can convince Bill Murray to come back! His sense of humor cannot be beaten!

20. Matt Bible October 23, 2013 at 12:16 am

Just cast Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Will Farrell, and Zach Galifianakis and get it over with…

21. Chris Huchingson October 23, 2013 at 1:50 am

I love Bill, but you know what? Hell with him if hes willing to come back and respect a franchise that made him a LOT of money and fame.. :/

22. NagatoYuki Huntress October 23, 2013 at 6:16 am

I honestly feel like this whole we are coming back with a 3rd movie is finally getting too old. The Franchise could be awesome there is a lot of money these actors and actress’s could have made if they had just said hey forget about bill he needs to go to his room. This whole fiasco has really turned the fans off. it would take a lot to get us fans back into the cinema to watch this 20 plus years later. The extremely long delay to get a 3rd film may work with some films like Tron Legacy . ( for that i am grateful as they did amazing computer graphics and had a great soundtrack {sidebar Daft Punk is most defiantly Tron Music vs the crappy performance at the Superbowl with the BEPs and Justin Beiber} ) . I don’t see the studios kicking a Tron:Legacy budget to make beyond amazing film that is primarily going to be comedy. The Studio and actors have really hurt the real fans. The Longer They wait the less draw they will have and in the movie Business that’s a bad thing. Have some respect for the fans and put the film out by 2014 or get ready to stand in a unemployment line cause its us shelling out 12 plus dollars to see a film that keeps you all in the nice houses and cars and such.

23. Matthew October 23, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I’d still go see it, I love the Ghostbusters movies. I’d love to see Bill Murray come back as well. He has such a sense of humor, and the crew needs him to be complete. I still have faith and heart in all you guys. Don’t give up Danny!!!

24. alexis nightshade October 23, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I would go and see it

25. Patrick October 24, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Bill Murray was the Holdup for Ghostbusters 3 for a long time and now Bill Can’t Stop the movie from being made. It’s Bill’s Loss!!! I’ll see Ghostbusters 3 with Dan,Harold and Ernie training a new team to help them out when Ghostbusters 3 goes to Theaters ( Year 2014)yes the Original GB’s are old and that’s why they need a new team to help them out. What Dan said on Larry King Now back in May Holy Shit Ghostbusters 3 Will Hit the Box Office in 2014!!! I’m hoping that Rick will return along with my #1 Favorite Actress Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts.

26. Patrick October 24, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Dan Aykroyd said on Larry King Now back in May that Larry King will make another Cameo like he did in the first GB Movie. Now with CGI they can do a lot more exciting stuff better then the 1980′s. That was mention on Larry King Now back in May. I Can’t Wait!!!:)

27. Sam Yarbrough October 25, 2013 at 5:33 am

Let it go. I feel like the original is cinema comedy history and a pop culture phenom. Even The Real Ghostbusters cartoon was great and it seemed for a while 84-92 you had the real beginnings of a commercial franchise juggernaut up there with Star Wars, Star Trek, 007 and Batman. So I could see why Dan would want it revived, for the paycheck he probably needs and the desire to stay relevant. This will not go over well just like the 2nd movie and the younger gens will not receive it.
        Let it go

28. Liz October 26, 2013 at 2:31 am

It’d be cool if they had the same cast from the original ghostbusters, but it’d also be awesome if they had a new generation of ghostbusters too. I wish I could be in ghostbusters 3, I’ve been a fan of ghostbusters ever since the first time I watched ghostbusters. I just hope you can make ghostbusters 3, it’d be an awesome movie:)

29. stuart October 27, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Bill Murray is ghostbusters, without him don’t bother

30. wadey October 30, 2013 at 3:57 am

I have wanted a Ghostbusters to come out in my life time since I was about 7 (22 now) but it has gotten to that point now where I just think (and it kills me to say it), maybe time to hang up the packs :( Even then we were gifted a STUNNING game as the 3rd instalment of the franchise and then IDW’s amazing comic series as a constant follow on from that. I’m worried a new film my render all these great stories non-canonical.

31. Jason Saville November 1, 2013 at 9:21 am

Ghostbusters was a truly epic film thats still incredibly watchable today. The soundtrack added so much (Danny Elfman) to the supernatural atmosphere.

I personally would love to see a third Ghostbusters film and if Bill Murray is so far up his own arse he wont be a part if it, I’m fine with that. 20 some odd years on they could explain his absence through death.

What ever happened to making films and people enjoying them for what they are instead of being intent on ripping them to bits and moaning like its the end of the world?

Respect to Dan for holding onto a dream and trying his best to share that dream. Some of us really appreciate what your trying to do.

32. Matthew November 5, 2013 at 11:47 am

I think the biggest issue that Bill probably has is that the third film might flop like the second. He said in an interview before that he would only do the film if the script was perfect. They have had nearly thirty years since the first film to come up with ideas for a suitable sequel to what, in my opinion, was the biggest film of all their careers. I think if Rick Moranis would consider coming out of retirement to do a third film that Bill should stop being so eccentric and get on board as well.

33. suzie November 27, 2013 at 5:03 am

One comment about 65 yr old men chasing ghosts was really dumb with a capital Duhh. I don’t think they realise that it was the cast along with the plot, that has earned this generation after generation fan base. We don’t want a revamp Dan, we either want it left alone or done with style and credit to the original and sequal.
        Shove a new generation of ghost busters. I’d rather have the original cast, no matter how they’ve aged…that could have made this hilarious, the same guys still ghost busting as they grow older…it could easily have been a base line for the plot. *sigh*.