Juan Carlos Fresnadillo to Direct the Pet Sematary Remake?

Chris Savage 6 Comments Movie Page: Pet Sematary (2014)

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo to Direct the Pet Sematary Remake?Well that’s it. Halloween is over for another year, but you know what? That means nothing to us, as around here it is Halloween 24/7 and the horror news never stops. So, anyone up for a remake of Pet Sematary?

Sorry folks, but it looks as if this one is moving closer than many of you had hoped for. According to Variety,¬†Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) is currently in talks to helm Paramount’s remake of the classic flick Pet Sematary.

Matt Greenberg and David Kajganich penned the script, while Lorenzo di Bonaventura is on producing duties.

The original film “followed a family that moves into a new home next to a cemetery with powers that allow the creatures buried in it to come back from the dead.”

While I wasn’t the biggest fan of 28 Weeks Later, considering how much I loved 28 Days Later, I’m still intrigued to see his take on Pet Sematary. I mean, some of the most recent remakes have surprised me by how good they have been, so who knows.

What do you guys make of this?

Sexiest Horror Movie Victims 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 Most Disturbing Horror Movies

1. Rod Acosta November 1, 2013 at 10:31 am

Cool!

2. Vincent Tubito November 1, 2013 at 11:24 am

A little help, anyone remember a movie with witches making people into sausages @ 50s B&W, not Motel Hell

3. Jennacide November 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I’m not totally against this, but I don’t understand why they would remake the movie and not just take the book and make their own version of it. They did the same thing with Carrie, it’s essentially an exact copy of the original movie, but with cell phones, so what’s the point?? It just seems lazy to me… a little creativity would go a long way.

4. Jennacide November 1, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Also, last time I heard about this remake Alexander Aja was on board to direct, I’m very disappointed that’s not happening anymore :(

5. Braindrain November 1, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I don’t know if this is a good idea, giving the fact that Pet Sematary and Pet Sematary two bombed. But if they follow the book like the remake of Carrie, it could do pretty well.

6. Creature November 2, 2013 at 12:02 pm

The original Pet Sematary is just about perfect, IMO. So if Mr. Fresnadillo is going ahead with plans for a remake, I sure hope he puts some visionary twists on it and gives us something new in the process of rebooting the story!