Release Date Announced for The Purge 2

Chris Savage 66 Comments Movie Page: The Purge: Anarchy

Release Date Announced for The Purge 2It was just a couple of weeks back that we received the official word that The Purge 2 was going ahead for Universal Pictures.

Basically it was a no-brainer considering the box-office results, but then again, from what I’ve heard from many of you, the film just didn’t live up to the box-office hype.

So, the sequel. If you enjoyed the first are you stoked for a second round? I suggest you get that pen and paper ready as we can reveal that the film will hit this June 20, 2014.

Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Pictures will be producing alongside Platinum Dunes and Sebastian Lemercier.

James DeMonaco is said to be returning to write and direct The Purge 2.

30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time Sexiest Horror Movie Victims 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time

1. Shawn Payer November 21, 2013 at 9:37 am

UGGGGHHHH!!

2. Kittie Cariño November 21, 2013 at 9:38 am

Thats not horror

3. Fadoua Belaouchi November 21, 2013 at 9:42 am

Great!!!!! I loved the movie.

4. Juan Vasquez November 21, 2013 at 9:43 am

I have the movie and I still havent seen it

5. Jessica Rae November 21, 2013 at 9:44 am

That movie was not good at all.

6. Matt Parris November 21, 2013 at 9:47 am

Please dont waste everyone’s time again..NOOOOOOO!!!

7. Debbie Childers November 21, 2013 at 10:23 am

didnt like it either

8. Cory Dean November 21, 2013 at 11:12 am

why this movie was stupid

9. Bryan Freitas November 21, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I just wish they used the concept better, because the setting is pretty interesting. Could’ve done some more like seeing what various people would do in that kind of situation, and not make it just focus on one family and making it seem like a generic slasher.

10. Eddie N Elvira Munster November 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I so regret wasting money and a sunday afternoon on this movie! Dont know why they would want to make another one. The Purge sucked!

11. Mike Gomez November 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Fuck this, the first one was awful. They took a great concept and turned it into a generic home invasion story.

12. Ayelet Zizik November 21, 2013 at 3:41 pm

sucks

13. Kira Ashley Marie Andrews November 21, 2013 at 3:46 pm

The first one was awful

14. Adrian Lunch November 21, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I knew they would make a sequel! The idea was way too good and the first movie didnt do its justice.

15. Tim Horgan November 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm

the first one was shitty

16. Jeremy Arruda November 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Idk why everyone was complaining about it being a cool concept that turned into a home invasion movie. You could tell it was going to be a home invasion movie from the trailer.

17. Kevin Potthoff November 21, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I’ll wait for it to hit cable

18. Nenebelle Von Hackett November 24, 2013 at 1:01 am

I loved the first one and I am looking forward to number 2 :)

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 24, 2013 at 1:02 am

now i dont feel so lonely. I thought I was the only one :P

• Valeria Baker
          Valeria Baker November 24, 2013 at 1:14 am

I was pleasantly surprised – it was better than what I had expected.

19. Joshorror Verduzco November 24, 2013 at 1:02 am

Jaime Soler POokie Herrera

20. Josh Merrell November 24, 2013 at 1:02 am

First one was awesome. I see it more in the Thriller category than horror. Or maybe Horror-Suspense. But I loved the concept.

21. William Flores November 24, 2013 at 1:02 am

The first one was good can’t wait to see the second one

22. Steven Delaney November 24, 2013 at 1:04 am

Great concept. Poorly executed.

23. Jeremy Brulures November 24, 2013 at 1:06 am

First one was good,second should be better but they better not ruin The Purge by making too many sequels.

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 24, 2013 at 1:26 am

oh come on now Hollywood only did that a few times with some small films like Jason, Halloween, SAW, Insidious, Chucky, ahh shit… your point is made :P

• Jeremy Brulures
          Jeremy Brulures November 24, 2013 at 1:31 am

Don`t forget Paranormal Activity

24. Samuel Brault-Gauvin November 24, 2013 at 1:07 am

Great film! But I want, in second, that the story going in all city! Not just in ine home…

25. Michael Grayson November 24, 2013 at 1:08 am

This guy is excited.

26. Leah Ynnepyenom November 24, 2013 at 1:08 am

I loved it

27. Jessy Pittman November 24, 2013 at 1:08 am

I liked the first one a lot. And it was a great new concept. Now I just fear that they are going to do with it what they do with everything else and make a ridiculous amount of sequels.

28. Michael Mad Mike Nagy November 24, 2013 at 1:10 am

The film was nothing more than entertaining watchable shite. Great twist to the home invasion sub-genre but it was full of cliches and stupid characters making even worse decision which made it the most annoying film this year! I wanted them all to befall a very deserved death! ATM was the same last year.

29. Addy Arachne-Alf McCafferty November 24, 2013 at 1:11 am

I can’t wait! Brill

30. Valeria Baker November 24, 2013 at 1:12 am

I thought it to be rather thought provoking and intense. Do you put the safety of your family above your own morality, and what does that teach your children? It might be considered more of an “action thriller” than a straight horror movie, but those young hoodlums in the masks were extremely creepy.

• Tanja Duncan
          Tanja Duncan November 24, 2013 at 4:29 am

Agreed Val. I’m happy to see you “get it”.

31. Troy Poling November 24, 2013 at 1:14 am

Great new concept but horrendous execution to it. I have to agree with the critics who wrote: “The Purge has a lot to say but never starts the conversation.” It would’ve been great to see almost an origin story showing the Country accepting the new founding fathers and highlighting the social and political divides with the new government and dealing with the first year or few years of the purge an how it affected families. Almost a Running Man (novel) plot would’ve been great instead of just showing one family dealing with letting in a person marked for execution and dealing with asshole neighbors

32. Solice Walker November 24, 2013 at 1:14 am

We ought to have a day like this for real.

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 24, 2013 at 1:27 am

So long as I am the announcer or referee I am in like Flynn

33. Jack Burrage November 24, 2013 at 1:15 am

You’re definitely right about it being something new but I was still disappointed overall with this one

34. Wallace Kinequon November 24, 2013 at 1:17 am

Is this real if it is o I can’t wait to see it should be killer awesome oh yeah go watch the first it was to me original. N it rocked

35. Shawn Payer November 24, 2013 at 1:19 am

The idea was good, the movie itself was awful and not scary in the least.

36. David Flack November 24, 2013 at 1:20 am

yes you are.

37. Andrew Steven Garner November 24, 2013 at 1:22 am

I liked it but I thought it was another generic home invasion movie.

• Horror-Movies.ca
          Horror-Movies.ca November 24, 2013 at 1:26 am

It was The Strangers done with a twist but I still liked it even though it had a flawed execution

38. David BigDavid Griffin November 24, 2013 at 1:27 am

I only liked the last 20 min….that was a twist I didnt see coming

39. Panagiotis Loumiotis November 24, 2013 at 1:32 am

Really liked it can’t wait !

40. John Young November 24, 2013 at 1:33 am

Are you the only one who liked The Purge?

41. OrangeRyan Ryan Blagg November 24, 2013 at 1:51 am

Hey I thought This movie was pretty cool! I really liked it!

42. James House November 24, 2013 at 2:09 am

nothing wrong with slow terror :)

43. Billy Balder November 24, 2013 at 2:36 am

“you are not of the body!”….”it is festival.”…..”peace and joy to you my friend.” …”Landrue Approaches!”…..errr wait a minute that’s Star Trek

44. Christy Bruce November 24, 2013 at 2:43 am

Yes the concept was initially amazing. But…original or not…it was one of the most poorly executed movies Ive ever seen. I give them credit though. Its hard to take a great idea and good actors and turn it into shite.

45. Matthew Baxter November 24, 2013 at 2:57 am

You’re Next > The Purge

46. George Hodge November 24, 2013 at 3:21 am

Gonna be gooooood

47. Tanja Duncan November 24, 2013 at 4:12 am

I loved The Purge. It was a wonderful insight into the human nature as far as what we see as being evil or not, who you can/can’t trust, perception of the haves and the have nots, etc… It’s a portrayal of the 7 deadly sins. Psychological thriller all the way and can’t wait for the sequel!

48. Macho JJ Cordero November 24, 2013 at 5:27 am

Stupid story.

49. Paige Michelle Olson November 24, 2013 at 5:45 am

Super excited!

50. Lisa Jones November 24, 2013 at 6:18 am

We just watched this last night!

51. Ken Minear November 24, 2013 at 6:31 am

the 3rd act was lazy and sloppy, but it was well worth my time, great premise!

52. Adam Roddis November 24, 2013 at 7:10 am

Terrible film

53. Nicholas Gardner November 24, 2013 at 7:48 am

i liked it as well..hope part 2 is just as good…

54. Cristian Del Val Reverte November 24, 2013 at 1:20 pm

…..not bad…..

55. Angie Brotzel November 24, 2013 at 3:44 pm

I am!! I don’t really think the first was that slow, though!

56. Jeremy Arruda November 24, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I’m gona be honest. I don’t know what the hell people were expecting based on the trailer. Did they expect some deep meaningful drama mixed with horror? Yes the trailer takes on a different tone than the movie, with it’s dramatic piano music and cool sound design, but it’s a friggin trailer. It looks like a home invasion movie, the whole trailer takes place in a house. So people who were complaining about it being a home invasion movie didn’t watch the trailer I guess. I liked it, and it had a very original concept, which is lacking in most horror films now.

57. Dustin Howard November 24, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Original concept??? Have you not seen the Strangers?

58. Becky Bishop November 25, 2013 at 12:49 am