The CW to Reboot ‘Tales Fom the Darkside’

Chris Savage 18 Comments

I don’t think I have ever known a greater time than when TV dominated as much as it does today. I mean, we are inundated with some truly stellar shows which showcases some of the greatest writing TV has ever seen, and now, it looks as if a reboot of a much loved TV show is returning.

According to Deadline, The CW has teamed with producers Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci and writer Joe Hill for Tales From The Darkside, a reinvention of the 1980s horror/fantasy/thriller anthology series by George A. Romero.

Joe Hill will write the project, which features 30-minute episodes during the Summer run.

Tales From The Darkside, which is in the vein of other genre anthology series like Amazing Stories, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits and Tales From The Crypt, had a four-year syndicated run.

Are you guys ready to return to the Tales From the Darkside?

25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time 20 Best Horror Films of 2011

1. Vance Kauffman November 13, 2013 at 8:25 am

NO!!!! That was a great show.

2. Paul Bucy November 13, 2013 at 8:27 am

loved that show, maybe they can add some good shows to its legacy

3. Larry Brown November 13, 2013 at 8:31 am

Why not? episodes could be well produced for not a lot of money and Im guessing not a lot of money is a big plus for the CW. Ill give it a shot and hope its done well.

4. Drey Miltenberger November 13, 2013 at 8:31 am

YES!!! i loved that show, but please know what you’re doing when you attempt to revive it

5. Christine Schroeder November 13, 2013 at 8:42 am

Maybe they should bring back Nikita while they’re at it, too.

6. Billy Balder November 13, 2013 at 8:51 am

I’d be excited but for the CW part.

7. Samuel Glass Jr. November 13, 2013 at 9:46 am

First of all…NO, and second…if you had to do it, why not on FX or FXX?

8. Dar Sanchez November 13, 2013 at 9:56 am

FX will do it soo much better.

9. Tim Bearden November 13, 2013 at 10:24 am

I’ve been rewatching the old series and it’s not as great as I remember. It seems like almost every episode is just a couple people in a room or house talking. I’d love to see this rebooted IF they have some great stories, writers, directors, actors already set up and interested. But man, CW?!?! Come on!

10. Wilber Peñate November 13, 2013 at 10:43 am

Not the CW? I bet they’re going to try and make it all “teen/cool.” Barf!!

11. David Brereton November 13, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Ok, the origianal run had its flaws, but it was still damn good tv, and it had one of the most genuinely creepy themes and intros going, I’m not completely agiantst he idea of a remake, but Im not sure they will capture the magic of the original.

12. Bronx Bronx November 13, 2013 at 1:33 pm

awesome!

13. Gabrielle Bosch November 13, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I would watch .

14. Matthew November 13, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Loved the original hope they don’t mess it up like they do with most of the remakes and have it lose it’s luster and cheesyness that I fell in love with

15. Rebecca Villarreal November 13, 2013 at 6:22 pm

16. Mith Besler November 13, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Is this the Joe Hill that wrote Horns and N0S4A2? If so then it has the potential to be something worth watching.

17. changeling69 November 14, 2013 at 1:27 pm

So cool. Lovely association to The Outer Limits.

18. elizabeth white November 23, 2013 at 9:45 am

Yes! That show was on point. I can remember being a child, and my sister and I sitting around glued to the tv while this show was on. If they can capture the same spirit as the original, then I am all for them remaking it. I hope they bring fresh ideas to the table, and not rehash all of the original episodes cast with today’s actors. For example, what was the point of the Evil Dead remake? I felt stupid for even renting it from Redbox.