Watch : Texas Chainsaw Prequel ‘The Best There Ever Was’

Herner Klenthur 77 Comments

I think you guys are going to really enjoy this special treat because we have the promo trailer for ‘The Best there Ever Was’ a prequel to Texas Chainsaw Massacre that goes back to a much earlier time far before the man become the monster.

The story is a prequel to the original 1974 “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and it is based on the Grandpa at a much younger age. Grandpa and Grandma are raising a very young Bubba Sawyer to be who he will some day become.

Derek Cole is working on the film with his production company 2 Man Production and is also the one who directed the trailer. I am not sure the studios will invest in a theatrical release but frankly I do not care I am happy to watch this on demand the second it comes out.

Checkout the extended trailer below I promise it does not disappoint.

Most Disturbing Horror Movies Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012 Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills!

1. Andy Olearczyk November 7, 2013 at 3:31 am

Hellyeah !

2. Shiyongseng November 7, 2013 at 3:40 am

The acting looked forced in many parts with grandpa and grandma…

3. Karen Evans November 7, 2013 at 3:40 am

Again with Texas Chainsaw?? I feel i know this family, more than my own…lol

4. Onil Fillion November 7, 2013 at 3:42 am

Hope it’s in 3D

5. Jonell Kellogg November 7, 2013 at 3:43 am

Tonia Dunlap looks better than tht last pile of crap!!

6. Crystal Ryan November 7, 2013 at 3:50 am

Okay, someone explain this to me… wasn’t leatherface’s name thomas hewitt in some of the movies? This sawyer stuff is driving me crazy lol I’m so lost.

• Aaron Whitsell November 7, 2013 at 4:13 am

Sawyer was the original family name like in part 2 ..the Sawyers are number one etc…The Hewitt shit started with the TCM remake 2003 I do believe!!

• Anthony Appelt November 7, 2013 at 4:51 am

Booooo.

• Joël Lévesque November 7, 2013 at 11:39 am

Maybe Sawyer was too cheesy

7. Aaron Whitsell November 7, 2013 at 4:16 am

This is SO dumb!!! When will it ever end??

8. Mike Spak November 7, 2013 at 4:18 am

It was Hewitt in the remake.

9. Nathan Erdel November 7, 2013 at 4:18 am

They didn’t have names in the first film. I the 2nd and 3rd films (and maybe “The Return”), they were called “The Sawyers.”

The remakes named them The Hewitts.

10. Jacob Burnell November 7, 2013 at 4:22 am

Ya, I’m just not feelin this one.

11. Justin Evans November 7, 2013 at 4:27 am

Is this legit ? If it is,Then hopefully it will be better than the Texas chainsaw 3D

12. Michael Woods November 7, 2013 at 4:31 am

Looks like a fan film.

13. Crystal Ryan November 7, 2013 at 4:40 am

I don’t get it lol how can they just change the names.

14. Super8rocks November 7, 2013 at 5:36 am

I like it all besides the guy playing Grandpa. I also expected Bubba to be a little nuttier then he is here. He reminds me more of young Michael Myers from Zombie’s Halloween.

15. Justin Lion Weiss November 7, 2013 at 6:25 am

Nolan Swafford check this out seems like an interesting idea

16. Trey Padgett November 7, 2013 at 7:41 am

looks stupid esp without The Cook and the Hitchhiker.

17. Anders M Teibel November 7, 2013 at 8:09 am

Hmm, I don’t wanna use the word crap, but I just did. Crap crap crap.

18. Bill Schuyler November 7, 2013 at 9:51 am

This is the prequel to the original 74 film, not the remake

19. Joël Lévesque November 7, 2013 at 11:40 am

So did he became a girl suddenly?

20. Andy Maxwell November 7, 2013 at 11:50 am

Don’t like the idea. Definitely would need better casting than the Bruce Willis grandpa & girlish Leatherface-to-be.

21. Robert O'Dell November 7, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Potential. They should have used some old scratchy 78 records from the late 40′s early 50′s(when this is probably taking place) on the soundtrack. That might have made it a little creepier.

22. Jamie Cee November 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm

look sucks film. i like Texas chainsaw (2013) and michael bay’s TCM.

23. William Patterson November 7, 2013 at 12:41 pm

looks like shit and the acting is terrible

24. Ilija Kovacevic November 7, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Badass!! I wanna see it!!!!

25. Sean Butler November 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! This looks VERY promising!

26. David Beal November 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Nice

27. Steven Michael Kirkpatrick November 7, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I hold the original and the remake close to my heart. the others can just stay on my shelf and collect dust

28. Tiago November 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm

So, this is the pre-prequel, really??
        My god!!
        After that atrocious “reboot/sequel? (TCM3D), I am praying they stop making these films.

29. Brian Ervin November 7, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Very cool. I love the tex chainsaw movies

30. Zoolandia November 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Making prequels and sequels to the original now that they’ve done a remake is kinda confusing to the regular movie goer I would think. But whatever, I hope it’s better than it looks.

31. Mike Fee November 7, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I say enough with the Texas chainsaw stuff all of the remakes and reboots are getting old and stupid

32. Andrew Lenover November 7, 2013 at 6:02 pm

PASS!!

33. Mike Arenas November 7, 2013 at 7:49 pm

What a piece of shit. Don’t mess with a classic.

34. Mark (@markyeg) November 9, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Dreadful acting! Not one I’ll be seeing!

35. Jon Gale November 12, 2013 at 7:45 am

I have to say all your comments are made from people who sit on there ass and just cut things down, The Bruce Willis guy playing grampa is me and this is the one thing that has got me noticed, The director is amazing and the writer is as well Lets see one of you haters do something this good for a budget of $0, I know we have to handle this sort of thing but when people are blind to good real work from 3 very hard working men it just confirms that jeolous people say mean things.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur November 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Hey Jon I wrote this article and I for one think that MANY are being to critical of this. I think it looks sweet much better then anything Ive seen the mainstream machine do with the series of films.

That said dont let a few negatives amongst a lot of praise get your feathers up. there will always be haters.

• Brad November 14, 2013 at 2:30 am

Just because you’re hard-working doesn’t mean people have to like the trailer, nor that it’s good. Also, not liking something doesn’t mean that someone is jealous of it. I am not jealous at all and I think that the movie looks pretty bad, sorry.

36. Christian Molina December 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I was key makeup artist for this conceptual (movie trailer, for the “non jealous, disliking commentaries), I’ve worked on a ton of films from blockbusters to short films and the dedication and vision Derek, Steven and Jon had for this was the sole reason why I did it pro bono. This entire trailer was shot inside the directors garage! He and Steven busted their butts to bring their ideas into a reality which is more than any of us can say. People are brave behind a keyboard and typically are sitting in god knows where Idaho, working their 9-5 and waiting to die, while the rest of us are following our dreams and being vulnerable enough to allow our peers to judge us by a 3 and a half minute trailer. I am so proud to have these men as my friends and colleagues, I stand by our work and will continue to do so with the release of new work to come.

You don’t hAve to like everything you see, but unless your capable of creating something better, have a seat, shut your trap and appreciate it for what it is. Grow up, it’s a fucking movie. Welcome to Hollywood kids.

• Herner Klenthur
          Herner Klenthur December 27, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Well said. I also stand by my position that it looked great!

37. Tina Sparks White January 7, 2014 at 12:22 am

Awesome .. Ashlee White :)

38. Gregory S. Stubits January 7, 2014 at 12:25 am

Check out you meant

• Horror-Movies.ca January 7, 2014 at 12:28 am

nope I meant Checkout. Seriously though we do make mistakes we are only human.

39. James Baumann January 7, 2014 at 12:26 am

i wanna see this

40. Rick Garcia January 7, 2014 at 12:32 am

I hope this one is at least decent, and isn’t as half-baked as the last few movies.

• Rick Garcia January 7, 2014 at 12:40 am

I just saw the trailer….I’ll put this in the same basket as “Texas Chainsaw 3D”.

• Horror-Movies.ca January 7, 2014 at 12:44 am

i disagree these guys had ZERO budget and shot it all in a garage!

• Rick Garcia January 7, 2014 at 12:55 am

Wow, they wanted to touch the franchise without a budget…and in a garage. Fantastic. Now I’ll throw it with “The Lock In”, that Christian horror movie. I LOVE Leatherface, but ya think a psycho conservative Christian Texan family would let their son look like a girl…talk about lack of character understanding, and bad acting. The original was a low-budget indie movie, but it was done right, unlike this.

41. Thaddeus Luick January 7, 2014 at 12:36 am

It won’t play.

• Horror-Movies.ca January 7, 2014 at 12:52 am

it was a bug on mobile. I just fixed it. TRY NOW :)

42. Angela Jenson January 7, 2014 at 12:41 am

It won’t play

• Horror-Movies.ca January 7, 2014 at 12:43 am

Angela Jenson what browser are you using. computer? mobile?

• Horror-Movies.ca January 7, 2014 at 12:53 am

Angela Jenson i am assuming you were on mobile try now :)

43. Gregory S. Stubits January 7, 2014 at 1:03 am

Just busting. You guys run a great site

• Horror-Movies.ca January 7, 2014 at 1:08 am

its all good :) We gotta be somewhat defensive since we are just a bunch of fanboys and girls doing this for fame and glory only minus the fame and glory :P

44. Chris Campbell January 7, 2014 at 1:14 am

this looks beyond awesome, i cannot wait to watch the whole thing

45. Angela Jenson January 7, 2014 at 1:15 am

Mobile…

46. Angela Jenson January 7, 2014 at 1:16 am

Funny.. Now it says not found. Nice one.

47. Joshua Jay Jacob January 7, 2014 at 1:19 am

I like the idea of it. It’s a plot worth exploring. I’d rather it follow the original story a bit and involving the cook, hitchhiker and chop top. But it’s creative. I’ll give it that.

48. Trey Padgett January 7, 2014 at 1:20 am

looks terrible

49. Trey Padgett January 7, 2014 at 1:21 am

especially without a young cook and hitchhiker

50. Shawn Avalos January 7, 2014 at 1:28 am

GRANDPA!

51. Michael Moyzis January 7, 2014 at 1:33 am

Why is it saying not found????????

52. Teufelhund Or January 7, 2014 at 1:50 am

looks low budget and straight to dvd. syfy quality acting and crap cgi..

53. Spamchucker Jones January 7, 2014 at 2:39 am

horrible acting and I had no idea Leatherface was a little blonde girl. wink wink. looks more lke a fan film, yawn

54. Justin Evans January 7, 2014 at 3:17 am

Is this movie going to be made or not ?

55. Freddie Lee Jones III January 7, 2014 at 3:23 am

Why is Bubba a blonde? Where’s the cook and the hitcher? Good effort but I don’t know

56. Ryan Meade January 7, 2014 at 3:50 am

snore…..

57. Andrew Steven Garner January 7, 2014 at 7:28 am

Another one? I haven’t even saw the newest that came out in 2013 or 2012.

• Jim VanBebber January 7, 2014 at 2:51 pm

do yourself a favor DO NOT SEE THE LAST ONE THAT CAME OUT! Texas 3D was absolutely terrible.

58. Jim VanBebber January 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Grandpa would have never let young Leatherface have that long ass hippy hair. I will check this out, it cannot be any worse than part 4 or the God awful Texas 3D.

59. Noel Joyce January 7, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Love it ,could be best one yet

60. Mark Quintana January 7, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Don’t Make sense

61. NotSoPrecious January 13, 2014 at 9:38 am

A Good concept and for so few money it looks very professional. But will there be a young drayton aka cook, and the hitchhiker in this movie? Because they also belonged to the First family. Just wondering :)