The Fifth Underworld Film Looks to the ‘Next Generation’

Chris Savage 52 Comments Movie Page: Underworld: Next Generation

The Fifth Underworld Film Looks to the Next GenerationWhat’s that I hear? You guys want more Underworld? Well my friends, ask and you shall receive! That’s right, a fifth Underworld film is apparently on the horizon as our good friends over at B-D have just broke the news.

According to the site, the fifth installment in the franchise is set to be titled Underworld: Next Generation and it is currently in development. At this time there is no word in regards to a director or any casting news at this time.

Of course you Underworld fans know, in the previous film, Selene (Kate Beckinsale) and Michael Corvin (Scott Speedman) had a hybrid daughter, Eve (India Eisley) and with this fifth installment titled ‘Next Generation’ it would seem as if the torch is being passed on.

But who knows? I’m sure many of you are just hoping that we get to see Kate Beckinsale in skin-tight leather just one more time, heck, I know I am!

But what do you guys really think? Excited for a fifth installment? What would you like to see?

Most Disturbing Horror Movies Gallery: Best Walking Dead Zombie Kills! 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time

1. Chris Dinney March 24, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Ohh…. Yes… Please… :)

• Mia April 19, 2014 at 4:12 pm

cant wait.. but I do wish they would left Lucian alive…. I think they could have done alot with him in the underworld movies….

2. Walk A. Zashi March 24, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I see that people are still wearing black and killing each other in the next generation. LOL

3. ssj455 March 24, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I will watch anything with Kate Beckinsale!!!!

4. grindhouse March 25, 2014 at 1:00 am

Kate Beckinsale (Selene) must return for the 5th installment

5. Jackson March 25, 2014 at 3:38 am

Kate is not returning for a fifth film. She didn’t really want to do the last one, but she didn’t have anything on her plate and the studio paid her a lot more money. It’s already being reported that this one will commence without her. So I’m afraid you’ll have to hope for another hottie.

Besides, playing this character for a fourth time won’t do her career much good. She needs to move and. Besides, she is shooting a comedy with Simon Pegg in London starting next month.

• grindhouse March 26, 2014 at 2:50 am

@Jackson, “Underworld” won’t be the same without Selene & India Eisley (Eve) is not a rising star yet . However, Len Wiseman is not a talented filmmaker after his ‘total recall’ remake was a complete failure receiving negative reviews so maybe he should direct the 5th movie himself so he can make it better instead of producing it.

Fans want Kate Beckinsale to return because the 4th movie was the highest grossing film surpassing the previous films & sonypictures which owns the franchise would convince her to do the next film one last time.

• MommaBear June 8, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I agree, Kate has to return, this is not the right movie to “pass the torch” Kate, Michael and eve need to reunite, F shit up together, THEN pass it along! Ha

• Tony June 12, 2014 at 7:28 am

this is for that Jackson guy BS Katie is going to be in it are you F kidding me stop listening to your dumb A friends you don’t know what you talking about.

6. Nigar Shikhlinskaya March 25, 2014 at 9:23 am

Уджал Азиз-заде :)

• Уджал Азиз-заде March 25, 2014 at 1:45 pm

оу да!) хоть и выдохлась франшиза, но одно присутствие Кейт все оправдывает!))

7. bearmon2010 March 28, 2014 at 2:54 pm

I will watch anything with monsters. I do not care about her.

8. bearmon2010 March 28, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I rather Kate Beckinsale to return because of her sequels.. I want to see the fifth as well but I only care is the monsters.. Thats my things. :)

• Livius September 18, 2014 at 2:15 am

so you rather watch Monsters than kate beckinsale..nice dude..

9. lucastovonne March 30, 2014 at 8:35 pm

I want a fith Underwold movie: Underworld: Next Generation and action figure toys for the movie. I also want Kate Beckinsale in the movie again.

10. Natalie Weir March 30, 2014 at 9:58 pm

yes! god yes, to all the above! :D but I want to see michael in this one too, his absence from the last one left me wanting more.

• nicole September 12, 2014 at 3:47 am

You can say that again! Michael (scott) needs to come back for 5th one! I was passed he wasn’t in the 4th one.

11. lucastovonne March 30, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I want eve to be the new vameire hunter.

12. x March 31, 2014 at 7:10 am

When did she get named Eve cause Im almost certain her name is Sonya

• Claire May 5, 2014 at 11:17 pm

No that was victors daughter the one he condemned to death for being with Lucian and being pregnant with his baby, I don’t know were the name came from because I just thought she was subject one or two

13. D淡定D (@DdandingD) April 2, 2014 at 11:43 am

Selene & Eve will unite with Michael. The Magnificent family of three will triumph through the battle!

After Underworld 5, we welcome more Underworld prequels centering on Selene’s 600 years’ history as a Death Dealer before the first Underworld.

Tell more stories about the war between vampires and werewolves! Tell us more about Alexander, Markus, William, Viktor, Amelia! Especially Amelia! We want more about the Female Vampire Elder!

14. D淡定D (@DdandingD) April 2, 2014 at 11:54 am

Just in case Kate doesn’t want to do more Underworld films, maybe we can expect CG Underworld films?

Kate can give her voice to the CG Selene without portraying the character or doing any dangerous stunts herself!

It’ll also be fantastic. Think about it. Resident Evil: Degeneration and Resident Evil: Damnation look pretty amazing, and Ada Wong in Damnation looks AWESOME!

So, a CG film (prequel) for Selene, why not?

15. Drgreenthumb April 21, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Hopeful see michel after he get released out the frozen chamber

16. Antonio April 24, 2014 at 6:12 am

I can’t wait! Finally! I thought the Eve character was cool and they can do a lot with her, India Eisly is now 19 yrs old and with the same writers,cinematographers,sf x team and most important, the mythology, it will be successful. I agree with Dead, I would LOVE to see a prequel focused around Amelia . There could be a LOT of cool things there.

17. Laura May 5, 2014 at 1:41 am

Can’t wait. Would love to see Michael in this one and the daughter too. Glad to hear there will be another movie soon.

18. oli May 8, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Films arnt the same withoutbthe original charaters in them i will watch the fifth one but it wont be the same at all to me

19. joanna May 11, 2014 at 5:41 am

i cnt wait for this movie and when it comes out cause then i’l have the whole collection. big fan of underworld and resident evil

20. joe May 15, 2014 at 9:07 pm

There are clearly problems with the producers and the cast. There is no way there can be an adequate ending without Kate. PERIOD.

It’s simple folks, the final chapter in the Underworld saga must include to parts.

1. Explaining all the the unanswered questions from all the previous movies. 2. How does Eve’s birth change things since the events of Awakening.

There is enough material to fill almost 3 full hours to put a proper ending to this franchise. The writers and producers owe us that much given the snooze fest of Rise of the lycans and Awakening.

• nicole September 12, 2014 at 3:57 am

What?! I loved rise of the lycons!

21. Caesar June 1, 2014 at 11:56 am

I’m SUPER EXCITED about this possible project. I think it’s also needed due to how Underworld Awakening left off, it should cover more of the background of Selene, Michael and subject 2 which was the daughters name. Get more detailed with that also finding Michael getting him and all of them familiar with the new world they were awaken to from the help of the vampire and the cop that helped them in Underworld Awakening. And honestly I think 2 more Underworld projects should be done before they pass the torch from Kate aka Selene because Underworld really isn’t Underworld WITHOUT HER! So I think becoming a new mother of a hybrid child in a new world with future threats this give Selene and Michael the chance to embrace the parent side and teach and train their child all there is to survive in the new world. Basically if Selene does pass the torch they have the perfect product, PLEASE DONT KILL THIS GREAT POSSIBLE LEGACY bring more Underworld please.

• Isis Loyaltyismyspecialty Ervin June 6, 2014 at 5:36 am

I totally agree with youbon that

• zoey June 9, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I agree to the above comment. When does the movie starts. ..

22. Isis Loyaltyismyspecialty Ervin June 6, 2014 at 5:35 am

Omg please make more dont let it stop at 5 this movie is the best i have ever seen i been watching since the beginning and praying that it would be more and it was and im praying there will be more after the 5th one please please please please please please please keep making them until the characters get old lol but i am as serious as life itself please keep your fans updated on when there will be a fifth and more to follow after please im begging i saw all them over a 100 times and i have every one omg i love yall for making underworld all of them and i mean that with all my heart

• gregory August 8, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I thought I was the only 1

23. Mj June 12, 2014 at 7:15 am

O thank you I knew they would make another one because Michaela ran away In the last one made and please continue making more me and my mom love that move we watch it every time a new on came out on Saturday it is one of my favorite movies like the comment above please don`t stop after 5 at least one more

24. Amber June 12, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Definitely better have Selene!!!!!

25. Amelia June 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm

If Kate doesn’t come back, I hope India will do a better job as Eve (no complaints with her acting in Awakening though cause I think she is and will be awesome like Selene is bad-ass) and if Theo James would continue as David in Underworld: Next Generation hey I am not one to complain. It would be awesome if I see both of them if there is another Underworld.

26. Jo July 27, 2014 at 10:25 pm

it just isn’t underworld without Kate. They need to have an official passing of the torch like they find Michele and he’s dead so salena god in to hibernation because she can’t handle it or something. Anyway i hope they bring Theo James back as Eves protector or guardian. not a love interest that would be weird seeing him making out with both the secret life sisters on the big screen. even weirder if invergent and next gen came out the same day lol. anyway i love underworld. Love Kate love Theo love India. can’t wait to see what they come up with and i am thanking god there is no book out to compare to. That craps getting old. Though i wouldn’t mined them making books now after the fact that they’ve already released so many movie. Maybe that should be a project to hire a writher to give the movies that have already been real eased more detail lol wouldn’t that be grand doing it all backwards.

27. Jo July 27, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Also i wish the studio would stop waiting 2 to 3 years between every movie. Sign your next group up for a 3 movie contract and get this show on the road lol

28. Jo July 27, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Didn’t realize India was 19 now ok her and theo should totally be love interests.

29. shea August 5, 2014 at 10:24 pm

i would like to see Beckinsale and speedman’s characters reunited

30. KyleWright August 7, 2014 at 5:53 am

The underworld series is the most best films I have seen ever there even better than the other werewolf and vampire movies way to go

31. gregory August 8, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Hi guys just wanted to say I’m a big fan what we would like to see is a house of hybrid that Michael and selene has and there daughter action not like awakening but rise of the lycans put victor back in the move marcus to and William plus lushaion give this the (next generation)

32. gregory August 8, 2014 at 6:52 pm

If kate doesn’t return there’s no underworld

• Natalie Morgan August 28, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Awakening left us all hanging,there better be both Kate n Scott in the new movie one last time. At least they could do that for us,after all were faithful fans n to end awakening like that there would be to many questions. They have to all be in it together as a family after all they’ve killed off everyone else. I think India needs to be back she’s older now so it would be cool however the name Eve needs to go it totally just doesn’t fit in my opinion. I will be utterly crushed if Kate n Scot are not in this one. They are underworld to me, they make it n without them it won’t be the same especially ending awakening the way they did. Theo James n the cop have to come back to. N I’m all for an Amelia movie I want her story.

33. ShaSha September 6, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Keep All The Same Characters .. With Those Characters The Movie Is Always GREAT

34. olga September 6, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I would like to see Kate and Scott in the fifth movie reuniting with the daughter and lots of action :-) :-) :-) :-)

35. linzee September 8, 2014 at 3:09 am

If they do make another underworld (hope they do) I think they should keep Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman in it. They are the storyline! Would not be underworld without them. Please keep them in it.

36. nicole September 12, 2014 at 3:39 am

I want to see kate beckinsale and Scott speed manual in the 5th underworld movie!!

37. Gary September 20, 2014 at 3:52 am

Absolutely!! Even if it’s a new generation the old will still hopefully have some sort of role. But it’s just a great universe of stories to be had!

• Bryan September 28, 2014 at 10:42 am

Love to see more of Selene in that sexy outfit. The plot for the next one should center around a synthetic beverage that vampires can drink to sustain life rather than human blood. And Zoey Deschanel can play a fairy that….oh wait, never mind.

38. Jo Lynn Newberry October 4, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I want to see Kate and Michael training Eve, I love the franchise. Keep it coming.