First Casting & Details Announced for American Horror Story: Freak Show

Chris Savage 8 Comments

First Casting & Details Announced for American Horror Story: Freak ShowWell it’s all coming to fruition now my friends. As you all know, the fourth season of American Horror Story will take place in a carnival setting and just yesterday co-creator Ryan Murphy announced that it would be titled American Horror Story: Freak Show. With that, our good friends over at EW have scored some exclusive details and we have them for you below.

I’m sure many of you are curious as to where the carnival will take place? We have the answer, as well as who else is set to star;

Set in Jupiter, Florida, in 1950, Freak Show finds Jessica Lange playing a German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S. Her group of “unusuals”? Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy all play performers whom Lange’s character has rescued.

The site also reports that Denis O’Hare and Emma Roberts are currently in talks to return to the fold once more.

The fourth season will once again consist of 13 episodes.

So guys, what do you make of this and who else would you like to see star?

Sexiest Horror Movie Victims 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time 30 Worst Horror Films Of All Time

1. Gil Nunez March 25, 2014 at 11:19 am

See this upset me because I understood it as they were searching for a cast. And i wanted to audition ;-;

• Chez March 25, 2014 at 2:43 pm

That’s definitely the way they made it sound :-/

2. Jeff Carson March 25, 2014 at 4:19 pm

As much as I liked the ongoing cast I’d like to see them change it up a bit. Maybe Glen Close instead of Jessica Lange. Remember she did boil a rabbit!

3. Ron March 25, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I want Taissa Farmiga back!

4. Tiago March 26, 2014 at 12:58 am

ok, now carnival is a period of 4 days, it is a pagan celebration taken place 47 days before the Christian easter (which is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox, yes a pagan date) .
        So this season will be about Circus from what I get, right? Not quite the same thing…
        Carnival is celebrated in many different ways around the world, it is pretty huge around here (Brasil) and has something to do with circus culture….

5. frogfishmedia March 26, 2014 at 6:44 am

As long as we dno’t have 20 subplots that make the finale nothing but tying up loose story lines…like the last 2 seasons….then I’m in. I expect the first 3-4 episodes to be great and then it will fracture.

6. Louie March 30, 2014 at 4:41 am

It would be good to see Miss Sidibe included in the cast also.

7. Meronaca April 1, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Agree with frogfishmedia. There were some great actors in last season but too many subplots that were crap was hard to stomach. I don’t think I would’ve continued watching if it wasn’t for my love of the last 2 season and certain actors.