Insidious: Chapter 3 to be More Like the First Film

Chris Savage 12 Comments Movie Page: Insidious: Chapter 3

Insidious: Chapter 3 to be More Like the First FilmPersonally, Insidious: Chapter 2, didn’t quite do it for me. I loved the first film, even if the demon reveal nearly killed it for me. But Chapter 2 just felt a little… Well, I guess I was expecting more which is always the trouble when it comes to sequels.

But, a third film is on the way so they obviously did something right! I know many of you loved Chapter 2, but what can we look forward to with third installment?

Well, what we know is that Lin Shaye’s character is returning once again, as are Specs and Tucker, the ghost hunters. And now Leigh Whannell, aka Specs, has offered a little bit of an update in regards to the style of film Chapter 2 will be.

Per Whannell’s official Twitter page:

Insidious 3 is a lot more like part one than two. I’m working on it right now, so thought I’d tell those who care where it’s headed.

So what do you guys think? Is this the right direction they should be heading in, or would you like to see something else? Hit up the comments below and let us know what you would like to see in Chapter 3.

20 Best Horror Films of 2011 25 Best Monster Movies Of All Time Sexiest Horror Movie Victims

1. Nick April 21, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I may be in the minority on this but I personally loved Insidious 2. I won’t say it was better than the first Insidious, as sequels rarely are, but it was at least as good. I loved that extra background that was given on the demon and the links that were made with the family. I am looking forward to Insidious 3, and think that going back to the feel of the original movie will be fine, as long as they can keep the feeling of dread and suspense intact. That was the main draw of the first two movies for me.

• Michael Kruger April 22, 2014 at 10:56 pm

You’re not alone. I loved the second,also. It was my favorite movie of 2013. But i still loved the first, too.

2. Rowan April 21, 2014 at 6:48 pm

No, your’re not in the minority. I love Insidious 2 too. Personally, I liked it slightly better than the first Insidious but overall there both great films imo. Can’t wait for Insidious 3. Finger crossed it turns out good.

3. Larry Brown April 21, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Not a fan of these movies

4. Lee Stacy April 21, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I thought part 2 was better.

5. chelseaw88 April 21, 2014 at 8:50 pm

The demon in the first one was a LOT scarier, and I know at the end of the second one it sounded like the crackling sound that he made so I’m quite hopeful they bring him back in the third!!

6. stanger April 21, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I want the Ring to be back.

7. matt April 22, 2014 at 2:31 am

Dude the first one was great second i thought was just ok, there wasn’t a real good demon in the second just the lady! first one had a better story. The only sequel that was ever better was star wars! and maybe aliens! and terminator lol!

8. Kaytwon Nymus April 22, 2014 at 8:34 am

The first one was awesome!

9. Rafael Rodriguez April 22, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Love the 1st film and I enjoyed the second as well. Hopefully they will have more details of the other side. Even the back story of the 1st incident that had happened to the family in details and maybe show more scary characters.

10. Hez Kaminski April 22, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Looking forward and all will be fine if they keep story and creepy environment in tact

11. Chris April 24, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I agree that the first demon was far scarier than the old lady. The first movie had some freakishly scary moments….didn’t have those in the 2nd as much….although the old guy saying “he’s got your baby, he’s got your baby” was pretty scary.