‘V/H/S’ Goes Viral with Third Sequel

Jason McDonald 14 Comments Movie Page: V/H/S: Viral

Given the low cost and high profit return nature of the “V/H/S” series, it seemed inevitable that we would be seeing another entry into the franchise.  Today, thanks to Screen Daily, we’ve learned that Epic Pictures will begin selling the third film next month at Cannes.

Not only that, but we’ve learned what the next “V/H/S” will be and who will be involved.  The third entry will be called “V/H/S Viral” and will focus “on fame-obsessed teens who unwittingly become stars of the next internet sensation.”  So it sounds like the series will drift away from the notion of tapes and bring the series to the modern era with a YouTube like format. It’s a whole new age.

As for who will be directing the various segments, Screen Daily has revealed a few of the names.  So far the names include: Todd Lincoln (“The Apparition”), Nacho Vigalondo (“Timecrimes”), Marcel Sarmiento (“Deadgirl”), Gregg Bishop (“Dance of the Dead”), Justin Benson (“Resolution”), and Aaron Moorhead (“Resolution”).

Writing the scripts, along with the directors, will be Dave White, TJ Cimfel, and Marcel Sarmimento.

And that’s not all! A cast has also begun to assemble for the third film.  So far it only includes three actors, but they are Emilia Zoryan, Justin Welborn, and Emmy Argo.

What do you think about the assembled group of talent? Excited for a third film? Let us know!

V/H/S Goes Viral with Third Sequel

Sexiest Horror Movie Victims 20 Best Horror Films of 2011 Best & Worst Horror Movies of 2012

1. D.j. Clement May 2, 2014 at 3:43 am

3rd movie…

2nd sequel…

just sayin’ ;)

• Jason McDonald May 4, 2014 at 11:45 pm

You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

2. Branden May 2, 2014 at 4:17 am

Can’t wait!I’m definitely a fan of the franchise. When the first came out I rented it on redbox and ended up keeping it.

3. Robert Lopez May 2, 2014 at 4:31 am

Andy Rodriguez Rick Davis
        Ahhhh shiiit

4. Rick Davis May 2, 2014 at 4:55 am

Ya boy vhs party

5. Shawn Payer May 2, 2014 at 5:43 am

I liked the first one, I LOVED the second one, this concerns me ” “V/H/S Viral” and will focus “on fame-obsessed teens who unwittingly become stars of the next internet sensation.” So it sounds like the series will drift away from the notion of tapes and bring the series to the modern era with a YouTube like format.” It better not go all Paranormal Activity 4 an ruin what they started…..ugh…..

6. Beth Basimah Mitchell May 2, 2014 at 6:52 am

Yaaaayyyyy!!! I don’t even care if it’s a bit shit – it’s a horror film goddamit and that’s good enough for me :)

7. David Brereton May 2, 2014 at 12:21 pm

The first one was TERRIBLE!!! the second was Brilliant, loved it, every story was well written, well acted and well exicuted, if they stick to the format of the second I’m well on borad for the third one, but if they slip back into the original….I’m out

8. John Edwin May 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm

vhs is dead i no longer know how to use one :)

9. Tiago May 2, 2014 at 4:08 pm

First one was ok, but not great. Second sucks, real bad. I am not curious to see this third.

10. Aaron Palik May 2, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I loved both films and was just talking about them this week as I speculated whether a 3rd entry was on the way. I’m very hopeful that the 3rd entry can live up to the first 2 films. I’m curious if this entry will attempt to continue the ending events of the 2nd film, or if it will be 100% completely unrelated again.

11. Nicole Lenker May 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Jiiiihaaaa!!!!

12. Tim Bearden May 2, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I liked all the directors they got for part 2 but it seems like that aspect is now gone. For me anyway.

13. Alison McDormand May 3, 2014 at 2:20 am

The 2nd installment was so good, so full of talent and a tough act to follow. Doesn’t the change up to a youtube format require a title change though?