Ah, Takashi Miike’s Audition. The moment I witnessed this film I instantly fell in love, as I’m sure many of you did as well. But I’m sure many will fall in love with this once again as Arrow Video have announced that they will be releasing the film onto Blu-ray, DVD and a dual format limited edition steelbook in the UK this February 29th. So, care to take a look? Head on down below for all the details as well as the artwork.
From the Press Release:
Arrow Video is thrilled to announce the release of their latest Takashi Miike title, the notorious J-horror, Audition, which arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on 29th February 2016 and also comes as a limited edition Steelbook.
One of the most shocking J-horror films ever made, Audition exploded onto the festival circuit at the turn of the century to a chorus of awards and praise. The film would catapult Miike to the international scene and pave the way for such other genre delights as Ichii the Killer and The Happiness of the Katakuris. The latter which was made available by Arrow Video on Blu-ray and DVD last year.
Recent widower Shigeharu Aoyama is advised by his son to find a new wife, so he seeks the advice of a colleague having been out of the dating scene for many years. They take advantage of their position in a film company by staging an audition to find the perfect woman. Interviewing a series of women, Shigeharu becomes enchanted by Asami, a quiet, 24-year-old woman, who is immediately responsive to his charms. But soon things take a very dark and twisted turn as we find that Asami isn’t what she seems to be…
Pulling the audience into a story that will lead to one of the most harrowing climaxes in cinema history, Miike twists and turns us through delirious editing and shocking visuals for one of the most depraved nightmares of all time!
- Brand new 2K restoriation of original vault elements.
- Original 5.1 Dolby Surround Audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Takashi Miike and screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
- Brand new commentary by Miike biographer Tom Mes examining the film and its source novel
- Introduction by Miike
- Ties that Bind – A brand new interview with Takashi Miike
- Interviews with stars Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi and Ren Osugi
- Damaged Romance: An appreciation by Japanese cinema historian Tony Rayns
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
The release has been locked to Region B.
You can pre-order your copy HERE.