Topic: Return of the Living Dead Rave to the Grave DVD

Return of the Living Dead Rave to the Grave is coming to DVD March 20th and DavisDVD got the drop on the DVD artwork. The films poster really sucked ass but this dvd artwork is smoking if you ask me. Formerly titled "Return of the Living Dead 5:...

Read More : Return of the Living Dead Rave to the Grave DVD

Re: Return of the Living Dead Rave to the Grave DVD

I think this one really qualifies for "Rest Stop Syndrome".....Awesome Cover art but the movie itself...not so much.

I wonder why it took so long for this to be released. Four was released right after the premier on Sci-Fi.

The movies in themselves aren't horrible, but they certainly weren't able to catch the magic of the first two. They are about on the level as the third, perhaps a notch below. But my biggest problem is the continuation between 4 and 5.

It involves some of the same characters, but it is like they forgot what had happened in the previous movie. None of the events from four were even referenced in five. That really left me feeling cheated.

I did like the use of Tar Man from the first one, that was pretty awesome.

The Return of the Living Dead is one of the best horror films of all time.  To me, everything after it sucked compared to the first.  I haven't seen Rave to the Grave yet.  From what I hear, its not all that great.  Did it ever air on tv?  I think I remember a part with some cheerleaders or something.  I dunno, that might have been a while ago.

I think this was delayed because Rave actually had a theatrical release after its premiere on Sci-Fi, whereas Necropolis was straight to cable.

I hate both Rave and Necropolis and find they suck the franchise to a whole new low, however out of the Two I think Rave is a tad better.

There were rumors of a remake of the Original ROTLD film, but it was announced sometime ago and then nothing has surfaced since.