Topic: 101 Dumb Things Characters Do In Horror Movies

I was watching DOTD '08 the other day & it bugged me that they blatantly made the characters dumb so that they could show more footage of zombies.

It led me to thinking about the dumb things characters do in horror movies. Obviously without the dumb things there wouldn't be a horror movie, but sometimes it seems that horror movie makers think the audience is dumb too. Some things are just so idiotic.

Let's make a list. I will start with the most obvious one.

1. Going off on their own despite danger!

Re: 101 Dumb Things Characters Do In Horror Movies

2. Run upstairs

2. While running away from a monster/zombie/creature asking "what's that?" when you hear a noise.

3. Running into the tool shed

4. Wandering off in the dark calling out someone's name.

Last edited by MacheteMassacre (2008-05-14 19:45:38)

5.  Not taking advantage of the killer being incapacitated and simply running away.  If the bad person is down... KILL THEM!

Shit, screwed up the numbering.

6. Grabbing the flashy weapons instead of the efficient ones.

Last edited by TheFecalKid (2008-05-14 20:06:08)

7.  Shooting zombies anywhere but the head.

8. Attempting to barricade all doors and windows during a zombie invasion, when barricading one set of stairs is a lot faster.

9. when people start f'ing screaming at everything. shut the f up it's not going to help you at all

10. Stereotypes (i.e. comic relief black guy, overly calm white dude, damsel in distress who turns badass)

11. Hide under the bed

12.  Going into what you know is haunted house all alone (Nightmare on Elm Street sequels)

TheFecalKid wrote:

8. Attempting to barricade all doors and windows during a zombie invasion, when barricading one set of stairs is a lot faster.

Someone has read their Zombie Survival Guide!

13. the combination approach of screaming frantically running upstairs into known danger and looking for a good place to hide like under the bed. lol

14. Going about 10 miles out in the woods from your car to take a leak instead of just whipping it out at your car and pissing or for you ladies squatting.:P

15. Leaving the gun behind. I've seen it happen countless times, someone drops a gun and then acts like it never existed.

when they are injured saying" just go, leave me here..." fuck that, their ass better drag me along until I'm dead, and then they can use my appendages as weapons.

17.  Looking into the flashlight as they turn it on, temporarily blinding themselves.  You will know it works when you see light.

18.  Having massive breasts

19. Fornicating with their loved ones in a secret place, someone always knows where you at.

20. taking a crap in an outhouse instead of in a regular bathroom like from example in F13 parts 3 and 5.

21. Constant screaming or shouting......f...ing Shhhhhhhh!. I mean A scream or two ok. I would do that although the second would be with my hand over my mouth but otherwise shut up!
22. And women that do not become 'Badass" but instead bloody stand there crying or screaming-grab something and hit them with it!

23. seeing a loved one who has obviously turned into a monster / walking dead and slowly walking up to them asking if its really them or are they ok?

btw a mod should check the numbering on here.

Last edited by survivalist (2008-05-15 20:20:28)

24. Going skinny dipping in a lake which you know is a bad idea especially when there's snakes and other crap swimming around your privates, lol.