Re: 101 Dumb Things Characters Do In Horror Movies

deadhorse13 wrote:

45. Believing your mad creation will blindly do your bidding

I love this one deadhorse lol.

And mine will kill the good samaritan in all of us smile

54. Stopping to help shady looking characters in distress. This usually ends in disaster for the would be do-gooder. Whether it's a dirt road in the desert or a creepy old guy falling out of his wheelchair  in a rundown house in the middle of no where (TCM), offer to call for help and then get the hell out of there.

55. Never bringing a gun when going camping or to some remote cabin in the woods.

okay .
1. running upstairs or into basement to get away from what ever is chasing you
2. having sex out in the woods near a camp, or a empty house ...
3. screaming, must be quite
4. leaving keys, weapons, etc lay inside,.. (always have keys in pocket)
5.trying to hide always make sure you have a way out.....:P

56. babysitting in a house with two phone lines

57. Having a seance in a supposedly haunted house

58.splitting up

63. Running after an animal (eg, a dog or cat) who can clearly look after themselves!

60. Saying I'll be right back.

61.  After having your windshield blown out by a shotgun, not immediately getting back into your car and driving away.  Followed by a quick call to the police on your working cell phone.  Instead it's so much better to go and investigate with a tire iron.

Sorry, but The Strangers had so many WTF moments, I seriously lost interest in the movie.  I hope none of the protagonists had the opportunity to breed before they found themselves perished.

62. When the child tells you something or someone is talking to them,  through the toy, doll, closet..etc. LISTEN!

63. Trusting authority figures.

Haven't read the list yet, but here's my #1-
Didn't buy a good battery for their damn car.

65. Decide to document their lives with a hand-held camera

Thanks for reviving this Thread Vasquez!  Effin hilarious!  big_smile  Lottsa good ones here. 

Horror Queen (I've missed you!).  Yes, it seems once someone starts to document their life with a camera they are asking for it to be found later, and edited into the demise of their life.

sMart wrote:

61.  After having your windshield blown out by a shotgun, not immediately getting back into your car and driving away.  Followed by a quick call to the police on your working cell phone.  Instead it's so much better to go and investigate with a tire iron.

Sorry, but The Strangers had so many WTF moments, I seriously lost interest in the movie.  I hope none of the protagonists had the opportunity to breed before they found themselves perished.

^ This was good too...and agreed The Strangers had many of the dumbest things characters in horror movies have ever done.  Seriously...if you have a shotgun, and not only can you only shoot your best friend, but further, can't take out unarmed kids...then you deserve what ya get.

66.  Thinking that person dressed in the sheet (Friday the 13th I think?), or a mask (Halloween 4), is your friend.  You notice how they won' talk to you and their eyes and hands are different?  No, your friend is dead...this is the killer.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-06-05 00:47:50)

Hey Ghosty, I've missed you! Hows it going? I think there's a 99% possibility of you ending up tortured to death on camera, or hounded by evil spirits if you decide to film your life. They are definitely asking for it!

67. Hiding in a room with only one door, and the only piece of furniture to hide under is a bed. Quite clearly these people never played Hide and Seek. How the hell you gonna get out when the killer comes in?!

68.- Running downstairs to basements or underground places instead of out / up / outside...

69- (oh, so sexy, get over here Vampy)...
Ummm... what, oh yeah-
Going into a known bad place and parking your car face forward towards the structure.  Back into it so you can hop in and just take off.  Yeah, a bit picky, but when seconds count...

70.  Adopting a kid from really freaky monasteries, or other religious buildings, where there is an odd absence of any record of the child's history.

Finally decided to read this post,  and thought I'd add some things while having my morning coffee.

Here goes.... a quick 10'er off the top of my head.

71.  Standing still and watching as someone turns into a werewolf two feet from you.  Run dumb ass!!

72.  Moving slowly into a lit area on the floor (surrounded on all sides by darkness) hoping the killer won't leap from the dark just as you're about to grab a discarded weapon.

73.  Re-opening a cursed summer camp, hospital, circus, etc and expecting sh*t to be different this time.

74.  Believing that the obvious choice for local masked serial killer has to be the mentally / physically handicapped old loner who drools, carries a bottle of Scotch, and spouts Bible nonsense.

75.  Taking uncharted back roads in a shitty car, hoping to make it to the highway yonder somewhere.

76.  Acting like a crazed lunatic, instead of saying things rationally, when explaining things to the police.

77.  (more like 76a)  Telling the cops every unbelievable, seemingly absurd element of a killing (" Ahhhhhhh....zombies came from the ground and are eating their brains") instead of just saying rationally, "There's been a murder at the factory, I think you'd better come and check it out."

78.  (more like 76b)   Calling the police "stupid pigs" or "dumb cops" when they don't believe your lunatic ranting. Then after they arrest or lock you up, you ironically say... "You'll be sorry you didn't listen to me." 

79. Hiding behind a tree with a narrower circumference than your own body. 

80.  After countless sequels and murder list a mile long, characters that still have to be educated on the legend of "Jason"... and then wonder why their ass goes first.

81.  Trees. Basements. Attics, ladders, etc. Electing an narrow ascending or descending "vertical" escape route to a wide open, all directions horizontal option.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2012-06-12 08:10:13)

^ That was funny as hell...thank you. big_smile

82.  Parents NEVER believe kids in horror movie.  It's always just your imaginary friend.

83.  Parents leave kid alone in the bed room even if there are tons of clues of dangers or even after an actually attack had occurred.

84. Characters never just come out and say exactly what they saw clearly and coherently.

Last edited by wathan00 (2012-07-01 21:51:08)

85. Deciding to hang around and explore a house that has dead bodies massacred all over the place instead of say getting the hell out? (Martyrs - and I'm not saying I don't love that movie because I do, but I just kept thinking wtf is she still doing there?)

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-07-06 18:27:46)

86. Going on a potential suicide mission knowing you'll get yourself killed in order to save your friend who is dangerously stuck in a destroyed building and that building happens to be close by a giant monster. (From Cloverfield)

87.  Not bringing a mini-arsenal in your car when going into the woods/desert/Detroit.  Trunk Monkey© recommended.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-06 18:40:28)

Trying to dispose of the reanimated body parts by throwing them in the furnace of a crematorium and/or destroying them with nukes. 

Becoming irrationally scared of a long dead decapitated alien and taking off with the tattooed geologist then getting lost, wandering around for hours, stumbling across a living alien monster and turning into Steve Irwin.  "I'm gonna stick my finger up his bum, that'll really piss 'im off!"