Topic: Park Chan-wook Talks Thirst

Park Chan-wook is most well known for his Vengeance triology but now he is making his first horror film, Thirst. I'm not sure how this one will actually turn out because there will be a love story involved and as you can guess from the title it is a ...

Read More : Park Chan-wook Talks Thirst

Re: Park Chan-wook Talks Thirst

I think this could be pretty good, even though my love of the vampire genre has been in steady decline for awhile.

i like the guys work so i would for sure give this a glance when it comes around smile

The guy has done some awesome stuff, but I dunno about him doing a horror flick. This just sounds like it will be some sort of Twilight knock-off, but I can't really say that without knowing anything about the movie.

Park is one of the few directors out there today working that I would pay to see anything they are involved in

Got to agree with skfan. Park Chan-Wook will surely slip into the horror genre perfectly. The hallucinatory scenes from 'Old Boy', the dark, twisted characterisation of 'Lady Vengeance' and the messed up and unpredictable plot direction of 'Sympathy' all suggest we have something to look forward to.

Ooohh, I just lost my post virginity.

Havent seen much of his work but i thought Oldboy was great and Dumplings from the 3 Extremes so i think he'll do a great job in his first full work in the horror genre.

severen wrote:

Havent seen much of his work but i thought Oldboy was great and Dumplings from the 3 Extremes so i think he'll do a great job in his first full work in the horror genre.

Damn... I'd forgotten about Dumplings... yup, yet more evidence of a burgeoning horror genius.

I don't care what he does, as long as it's as good as the Vengeance trilogy, I'm happy.

Dumplings was pretty wild and i agree with skfan.  I would pay to see about anything the guys does until he disappoints me