Topic: I can't wait til Martyrs comes out!

I'm amazed at how many good horror movies that the French are cranking out: High Tension, Inside,  Frontieres, and now Martyrs. There's a lot of hype surrounding this movie and by what I read of the flims synopsis I think it will be a good or interesting watch.

Re: I can't wait til Martyrs comes out!

That does look good!  I loved High Tension. Never heard of Inside or Frontiers; downloading them now. They look good too. Thanks for the heads up.

Have to check this one out.

Oh yes. Another balls-out Frenchie gore-fest. I'm in!!

boogie86 wrote:

I'm amazed at how many good horror movies that the French are cranking out: High Tension, Inside,  Frontieres, and now Martyrs. There's a lot of hype surrounding this movie and by what I read of the flims synopsis I think it will be a good or interesting watch.

inside and high tension were brilliant. Frontieres let me down a little tho, maybe i had to high expectations of it.

Martyrs looks like another awesome film by the french. cant wait.

the french are nuts, can't wait

I can't wait either!
Do the mods know when its gunna hit dvd?
I NEED this film!
Sounds more promising then anything in recent memory

I just watched this tonight and I gotta say "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK OF IT".  I absolutely loved the first half and found myself wondering "where can they go from here?"  then the second half kinda let me down.  Some may love it but I found it to be a little much.  then there is the ending, haha...oooo, the ending, lol.  y'all should see it tho.  This movie left me feeling a little odd.  I can't explain it.

Glenn-BoB wrote:

I just watched this tonight and I gotta say "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK OF IT".  I absolutely loved the first half and found myself wondering "where can they go from here?"  then the second half kinda let me down.  Some may love it but I found it to be a little much.  then there is the ending, haha...oooo, the ending, lol.  y'all should see it tho.  This movie left me feeling a little odd.  I can't explain it.

Beautiful, Glenn-BoB.  I love your reaction.  I believe it is exactly what was intended.  Give my review a read and let me know what you think. 

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_5861.htm

I will actually be watching this very soon. i love films that leave you thinking at the end of everything.

Great review Maven...this movie hurt my teeth, I was clenching them and NOT realizing it.

I had a conflicted reaction to this movie, and I'm conflicted about my confliction.

Last edited by floridapossum (2009-04-12 22:16:12)

I just got through watching it and I loved it.

moviemaven wrote:
Glenn-BoB wrote:

Beautiful, Glenn-BoB.  I love your reaction.  I believe it is exactly what was intended.  Give my review a read and let me know what you think. 

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_5861.htm

ya your review is right where I am with this film.  Everything you said I was thinking while I was watching the film, altho I am not too excited about the new Hellraiser.  Pinhead is the only Horror icon that I think will be hard to replace with another actor and a new look IMO.  I haven't caredd for the images I have seen floating around that depict the new look for Pinhead but you never know.  I will see the film, I am just not as optimistic as you are about it.  Bravo on the Martyrs review tho, hit the nail right on the head, no Pinhead pun intended, lol.

Adore this movie smile

The first half was absolutely fantastic and startling.  The brutality had me glued to my seat.  The second half on the other hand was only startling for it's motives.  I suppose I just did not understand precisely what moved the antagonists to do what they did.  Not because the motives themselves were nonsensical, but because the method by which they go about attaining their goals didn't make sense to me. 

I just saw this movie tonight and I'm really confused by a few things, which is frustrating because I'm usually a savvy movie goer.  Maybe I'll do a search for a thread that contains spoilers and get my questions answered.