Topic: anybody gonna watch "fear itself" on NBC?

Last night a friend of mine was telling me about the latest horror series on nbc called "fear itself". It about 13 episodes, and will be on Thusday 10/9c. Just was wondering if anyone thinks it might be good. Doesn't look that bad from the website, but sometime looks are decieving.

Re: anybody gonna watch "fear itself" on NBC?

I am.  Fango said it was pretty good considering...not that I go off of everything Fango says.  I just would kind of like to see how it goes.

Pfft, I already started a Fear Itself thread. Ah well.

And yes, I'm going to watch it. I don't imagine it will be as good as MoH, mainly because of censorship. But I'll still give it a shot.

I thought someone had, but this one showed up on the recent list...so I commented.:)

I am going to give it a go.  Put the old bullet in the chamber.  big_smile

It's cool, I did as well. The more the merrier.

Well Goon started a Fear Itself thread quite awhile ago.

LIES! I call shenanigans on you.
I searched around for one but didn't see it. No worries, it's not like it's an issue.

I apoligize for starting a new one

TheFecalKid wrote:

LIES! I call shenanigans on you.
I searched around for one but didn't see it. No worries, it's not like it's an issue.

I don't lie and I don't appreciate being called a liar. I guess you don't know how to use the search, but it's never too late to learn!
Here's Goon's thread from Sep 2007 http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=5487
and another from Mar 08 http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=8799

Relax homeslice, I was kidding.

Yeah right!... your the one who said you searched for it. I just showed you where it was.

Hell yeah i'm gonna watch it. I'm gonna be watching this every Thursday.

I'll check it out but I am still VERY skeptical about this one.  I mean it's MOH with network censoring and commercial interruptions.  40 minutes an episode hardly seems worth it to me, especially with commercials interrupting any tension they may build

I might wait for it on to come out on dvd. Since i might miss it and if good i would buy it.

Just got over with episode one......eh, it was alright.  Pretty cheesy, really couldnt build up momentum with the commercials, the FX were ok but I've seen better on shows like CSI.  I'll give it another try next week cause I love Brad Anderson.

I already posted on the other thread.  I'm with you on Anderson.  I think he can make it work.  I asked on the other post, but wasn't that the set from Ginger Snaps (the 3rd one...I think)?  I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Garris, but I also wonder how much of this might've been changed since he really is no longer with the show.  Very weak writing.

Last edited by the5thdroog (2008-06-05 22:10:42)

^According to IMDB, Garris actually wrote the screen play for this episode.  So I dunno what to think now.  I wonder if the ratings are bad if NBC will cancel it before its run is over

I heard that Fear Itself IS Masters of Horror, Showtime just dropped it because they didn't think it was doing well...so NBC picked it up?

My boss said it was decent, but really toned down. I can't imagine horror on a major network being worth it but hopefully I'll be surprised.

i missed this last night sad .......i crashed around 9:30 watching Ichi the Killer

I thought it looked like the Ginger Snaps set too.  Didn't think it was all that bad.  But it sure looked like the Ginger Snaps set, not the original, but the one where they were in the pioneer days.

wasnt as terrible as i expected, but when you take out the nudity, extra gore, and cursing, then add in a shitload of commercials to interrupt  any momentum the story was gaining, it felt like they watered down the real MOH to an episode of goosebumps.

Well i know i'm a little late on it. But i recorded it and finally watched it yesterday and i gotta say that was definitely awesome as hell. I liked the story and everything that was going on throughout the entire episode. I'm definitely going to continue to watch this. That's for damn sure.

i missed it sad
my mom was hogging the tv. but i'll catch it next week

have it taped, havent had a chance to watch yet...