Topic: Thr3e

I have seen a few previews and teasers for this movie and does anyone else think it look very similar to Saw?  Also, the leet speak in the title is lame.

Re: Thr3e

Well I can definately see how they got inspired by Saw.  But who wouldn't get inspired by Saw?  Leet speek , eh?  You must be a counter strike player...

if somebody can get me a link to a quicktime or windows mediaplayer trailer i will check it out or add it to terrofeed.

Christian Horror movies.....interesting.  here is the link to the trailers on Ted Dekkar's site. I saw a trailer for it on a dvd but I cannot remember which disc it was on!

Last edited by Bulin (2007-01-02 22:45:15)

I haven't played Counterstrike in a long while, but I am cyber junkie, full fledged including online games.

I don't think it would have to be lame to use leet speak in a title to a movie, just something more fitting, 'Lucky Number S7even.' Thr3e'- an attempt to charm the myspace kids if you ask me.

Here is a link for you Meh, sorry it is Youtube, but it is all I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAw98ZY … mp;search=

Well the novel was written in 2003 so I don't think Saw has anything to do with it really.. I mean now does every movie with a serial killer who talks funny have to be influenced by Saw? In reality SAW has alot more influences from movies before it.. I don't really see the connection with SAW in this movie..

It's the whole situational, semi-thought provoking, do or die to save your own life thiller kind of movie.  But I wasn't the biggest fan of Saw either.

I have been seeing alot of this, and you are right in saying that Saw wasn't the first to use this idea at all, some of the better modern examples are Park Chanwook's movies Oldboy and Cut.

Also I didn't really mean the movie itself was like Saw in it's writting, just some of the cinematography and film tricks.

From one of the trailers I saw, it reminded me of Saw.  I also think the title looks pretty lame with leet speak.

Goon wrote:

Well the novel was written in 2003 so I don't think Saw has anything to do with it really.. I mean now does every movie with a serial killer who talks funny have to be influenced by Saw? In reality SAW has alot more influences from movies before it.. I don't really see the connection with SAW in this movie..

Very good point here Goon.  The book got it's hard cover release in 2003, before Saw ever hit screens, so I think all the "Saw ripoff" comment I see everywhere(not just here) are really undeserving.

Now I am a fan of the original book by Ted Dekker and I finally just saw this movie version tonight.  The book is phenomenal but I just dont think it translated as well on film.  The story telling was choppy in the movie version.  It didnt seem to get the most out of it's $2.4 million dollar budget either.  But I still think it was a decent film with some suspense and decent twists.  Worth a rent at least for people who like this sort of film, but the book is the way to go.