Topic: More French Brutality: Martyrs Trailer!

Over the last few years, the French have really developed a knack for some bloody good horror films.  With the success of High Tension and recent films like Them(ils), Inside, and Frontier(s) leaving a bloody trail, you wonder whats next from th...

Read More : More French Brutality: Martyrs Trailer!

Re: More French Brutality: Martyrs Trailer!

This looks pretty badass

damn, looks amazing! French horror could be the next big thing big_smile

I agree.  I dont know whats in the water but the French have lost their minds.....and I love it!

Looking forward to this one.  I don't understand how this seemed to come about with the French so quickly, but at least it is working.

count me in too! this looks F^CKING awesome!  i can't wait. hopefully it won't take 20 years to be released or anything.

The crazy thing is this film was acquied by The Weinsteins about 8 months ago.  It screened at Cannes though and really left an impression, both good and bad, on people from it's violence.

wow...viva la french horror.

Video's no longer available, but I found it over at Twitch. Goddamn, looks great.

I just LOVE french horror, my god they are good at it. . . . The thing that the French understand is that to make a successful horror movie, or any movie, you need to first start with EXCELLENT ACTORS, which they do, not FAKE, PLASTIC, SUPER TEETH WHITENING, NOSE JOB "C" actors, great actors with distinctive and unusual faces, . . . REAL PEOPLE. .  Then they just use the same formula that has been winning them International awards for years. . . I think that it has just been pretty recent, a whole European wave of good movies to make it across the ocean. . . I'm pretty sure it started with 28 days Later, . in my opinion it changed horror forever, for the better. the way we look at horror, .  they treat it as a REAL movie, not a horror movie, which right away makes it believable, . . .  and the Lighting, . . ahh, the lighting. . I am a lighting freak. . I notice BAD lighting before any of my friends, and since I pointed it out to them, they want to KILL me. LOL...........Europeans have a knack for incredible lighting technique. . . Not that fake Hollywood super bright room even when it's dark lighting, but very REAL, carefully thought out lighting that sets mood, and then they just tell a story, they don't use a crappy same old bunch of teens formula that's like in every US horror movie out there.. . Go watch some old Hitchcock or Orson Wells movies, that was lighting and shadowing . . fucken brilliant.........sorry ranting