Topic: Mark Walberg is Max Payne

who thinks Mark Walberg will do good? more importantly is it worth the scratch?

Re: Mark Walberg is Max Payne

I don't think he will.  I thought of something along the lines of someone like...Tom Jane.  Dark broody guy with a scruff voice.  It's gonna be shite anyways with Mila Kunis playing Mona Sax.  Then again, maybe not.  We could be surprised.

don't even know her...i like Mark in this role i might buy this one especially if they follow story accurately

holy crap she is hott...she will keep me occupied til movietime LOL

Overall, I think the movie will be a bomb. But it was bound to end up on the screen, with its film noir storytelling.

why a bomb people?

Because usually movie makers don't honor the material properly, instead they opt to cram the movie with CGI and bad action instead of plot.

Because it's a movie based on a one-dimensional shoot-em-up video game.  There's no meat on that bone, so the filmmakers would substitute loud, shallow action in place of story or drama.  And not to speak out of school, but Mark Wahlberg's only been really good once since Boogie Nights (The Departed) and I don't see him bringing his A game to a mindless actioner.

I agree with you Lon.  The only way I could see this working is in a Sin City, kind of style.  But that's just me.

disagree, you guys being pessimist

he was great in bunches of movies: The Shooter (perfect setup for Max Payne), Four Brothers, I Heart Hucklebees, The Departed, Boogie Nights

he is perfect fit here and i'm optimistic before evidence exists that it will suk

don't forget 3 Kings big_smile

new trailer on youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs

Last edited by beer2mouth (2008-07-10 10:05:48)

mark wallberg, does anything more need to be said

I just dont see him as the noir type.

well this is a horror forum i should have expected hatred towards mainstream actors and hollywood videogame adaptations;)

i will say no more lol

Sorry beer2mouth, I guess I should expect people to assume I only like horror films and hate everything mainstream and not have an opinion.  I never said I hated him, I said I don't see him as the noir type.  Mila Kunis I don't have hope for her playing Mona, being she is from That 70's Show and American Psycho 2.  However, I just saw a trailer, they didn't show much of anyone besides Marky Mark and it looked okay.  Usually games to movies aren't translated well and it ends up being too much bad action and no plot.  Max Payne, however, was somewhere in the middle, so I was kind of hopeful.

You know i seriously like Mark Walberg. I think he's a great actor. But i did however watch the trailer to Max Payne, which can be found on HM's sister siter moviesonline.ca and i thought it looked just alright. I mean i have never played the game at all. But to me, this movie just looks alright. Nothing special. Imho.

From what I've seen they didn't follow the game all that much. The bits about his family and the bullet time/matrix thing are about it. White seems to be leaking story-wise is a scifi/paranormal one featuring a winged critter.  Guess time will tell.

In the movie, they also killed his partner added to his wife and kid.

if you can tell i'm a HUGE max payne fan...i even want another videogame from rockstar! it was a witty crime drama with conspiracies HEAVY drug use and the most funny gangsters since Goodfellas...

those angels ARE hallucinations while on V. remember when the drug Max Payne in the game? remember "The Flesh of Fallen Angels"?

I just saw the trailer the other day on the big screen looks good.  But then again it is a video game movie and have there ever been a really good video game movie to film adaptation?

yeah i hated hte trailer. Two updates for it for those not knowing.

max payne first official photo
http://www.reelcomix.com/711-First-Offi … Photo.html

max payne trailer ( that i hated )
http://www.reelcomix.com/662-Max-Payne- … ailer.html

Uh Dammit, Chris O' Donnell?  Really?

news hit about a couple weeks ago that Max Payne 3 is a go and Rockstar Toronto is working on it...the same peeps who made my favorite beat em up game 'The Warriors' because Remedy is too damn busy with Alan Wake

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169615