Topic: Demonia(1990)

I just watched a dvd called Demonia which I bought last weekend and it came out in 1990 and was directed by Lucio Fulci.

I just made a review for it on MMS so check it out.

I give the film a 5.5 out of 10 rating. It had cool music in it, decent acting and characters, cool setting.......but the film just didn't do it for me. The film could have been so much better in Fulci's healthier days.

Anyone else ever seen this film before?

Re: Demonia(1990)

I believe I have, but will have to wait and read your review to refresh my feeble mind.

floridapossum wrote:

I believe I have, but will have to wait and read your review to refresh my feeble mind.

It's about 5 nuns who were crucified back in the 1400's and now present day a group of archeologists are at the site and people start to die gruesome deaths and all that sort of thing lol.

Sounds familiar, what year did it come out?

floridapossum wrote:

Sounds familiar, what year did it come out?

Lol......1990.:lol:

I'll guess I'll have to watch it, I just can't remember.

http://www.moviesmademe.com/movie/review/1172

Yeah, it's a bad review, I know. It was my first one ever. Still, you can pretty much understand how awful I thought it was.

Thanks Kid, I get the idea.

There is a funny kill scene in the film where a woman is attacked by all her cats and they rip her eyes out and you can tell that the cats jumping up on her face are fake looking ass puppets lol.:lol:

I felt Demonia was Fulci's attempt to recapture his glory days of horror. a return to the supernatural themes of The Beyond and City of the Living Dead etc. He even repeated scenes such as the seance from City and the crucifiction opener of The Beyond. I enjoyed Demonia at a lesser level than the earlier films, feeling the best scenes were the gore scenes and trippy flashbacks. Demonia and Cat in the Brain were the best of his later films, imo.

I currently have it home on DVD, watched it a little while ago with the wife.  Will have to get rid of it now as it could be classified as extreme under new UK laws that would put me in jail.  Yeah right, like I would get rid of any horror in my collection.

grimreality wrote:

I currently have it home on DVD, watched it a little while ago with the wife.  Will have to get rid of it now as it could be classified as extreme under new UK laws that would put me in jail.  Yeah right, like I would get rid of any horror in my collection.

LOL, ya'lls laws must really suck over there in England.:lol::P

yeah i got it , i rate it right about what u said RIP.... a 5.5