Topic: Hostel 2 Movie Details

Eli Roth spilled the beans on his upcoming Hostel 2 flick.

"I'm writing 'Hostel 2' for girls — it's going to be three girls this time," he revealed. "They're studying in Italy for the summer, and they get lured, and they go back to ... well, we're going to go back to a lot of familiar places."

The idea is that the Hostel's are like a franchise. They are all over the world and if you just so happen to take a wrong turn you might end up in one.

"It's all part of the organization; they've got the whole thing set up all over the place, and they have different scouts," Roth said. "We're going to learn a lot more about how it all works. In 'Hostel 2,' you're really going to see the ins and outs of the whole organization and how they get people and kill them."

Posted here: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5985.html

What do you all think? Is it gonna work? I like that its not a totally whack sequel with no connection to the first one. Will he have the next SAW franchise on his hands?

Re: Hostel 2 Movie Details

It should do fantastic business straight off, regardless of quality due to all the press and newspapers going "don't see this! it's disgusting!" over and over.

I laughed so hard when a reviewer by the name of Chris Tookey said it was the most disgusting film he'd ever seen...and he likes to claim he's a horror aficianado...terrible liar.

Yeah honestly I was a bit annoyed by the fact everyone kept saying OH MY GOD its so offensive. People are running out throwing up and screaming. Seriously it was not scary at all, but it was a great film.

I enjoyed the first one and I'm really looking forward to this.  I'm glad that he's going to show Paxton and connect the two also.  I think it will do very well.

Yea actually its kind of sad the way the thing went down... I know alot of horror fans who went to see the movie expecting a blood bath and all they really got was some eye goo.. But for the average Joe going to see the movie who happens to be in his 20s or so he probably hasn't seen much gore..

I mean lets be honest here, when was the last time we have seen a gore filled film hit the screens in the U.S.? I mean High Tension was cut down so it was no where near as gory.. So I think alot of the hardcore gore hounds were let down.. I think upon second viewing some of those fans will like the movie much more knowing what to expect..

Lionsgate has just announced the release date of Eli Roths next film project, Hostel 2. Almost a year to the day the first hit the theatres Hostel 2 will be in a cineplex near you on January 7th, 2007. So far no one has been cast but we do know that Jay Hernandez will be reprising his role as Paxton.

Just posted here, http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6008.html by the goon.

This could be really good. I can't wait to see how the "organization" works.
It would be good if it just starts right into it, showing the craziness right at the beginning

I cant wait.  I think its going to be an awesome film.  I read this interview and he was talking about how its going to have less humor and stick more towards the "darker" side of horror which could be interesting considering Roth's films have had a lot of humor in them in the past.

I got that a lot, people saying it was to gory, it was just to awful to show to a mainstream audience.  I thought it made the movie more enjoyable that we were left with the "dick" out of the three friends and how "dirty" some scenes (the whole blood and vomit) When a movie is about torture expect to see torture.

Yea Eli Roth can do everything and he shows it in Cabin Fever and Hostel.. He has really down and dirty scenes and he can also do comedy very well. So it will be neat to see him make an entire film into the depths of darkness.. Hopefully he will do the same with Cell..

I love the book cell and i love Roth's work, i think cell and hostel 2 are going to be great

Not a big fan of Hostel. I don't know if it was the tremendous hype and I felt let down after watching it or the fact that I thought the idea was amazing and was disappointed that the feeling of being trapped and tortured wasn't explored more. I felt the same about Audition. Lots of hype about how intense it was and after watching it I was like, eh, I've seen worse.

same with me with audition and hostel. I read so many reviews that said the torture in audition was unbarable to watch when really it wasnt that bad at all. The torture in miikes imprint moh episode is harder to watch and has more of an effect.

hostel I have to agree. Granted one of the scenes creeped me out but overall it wasnt near as bad as it was "hyped" up. But that is pretty much the norm i find with horror movies.

Well look at Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. The only TCM in my mind the original. People have always called that a slaughter film filled with blood and gore.. Than you watch it and there is very little blood or gore.. But you still feel spooked.. Kind of dirty after you watch.. Truly effective films will leave you like that.. I think thats how people felt about Hostel and Audition.. It affected them on a whole other level..

The brilliance of TCM was that it people were so terrified that they believed they saw more than they did. It showed just enough to allow the imagination to fill in the rest and people always think it is gorier than it actually was. A truly frightening film.

Sounds interesting, but when compared to the Guinea Pigs series and Augst Underground  Hostel is pretty tame.

Well neither of those films are actually movies either.. Both of those are more like snuff films with no plot or very little.. Hostel actually has a nice story to go along with some great characters..

Over at fangoria theres some new news about the cast, they have added a few new names to the list, heres the link:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2656

Last edited by Survivor Type (2006-09-07 22:08:56)

you betcha and the lads already reported on it from the original source which was not fangoria. http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6465.html SHIZAM smile

I think you may have the wrong film.  That link leads us to Resident Evil Extinction casting...not hostel 2.  Am I wrong?

No your not wrong. Meh posted the wrong link smile

I think Mike has been hitting the bottle or something.. Hes been dropping the wrong links all over the place.. Heres the news poster here.. But some of the chicks were already mentioned before on the site when they were announced in the trades..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6468.html

I cant really say I'm dissapointed in the casting.  I could probrably pass on Lauren German after seeing her the TCM remake.  I only remember Heather Matarazzo from that movie, the princess diaries.  Dont know how she'll play out in a horror flick.  Bijou Phillps...nothing comes to mind, so we'll just have to see.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-08 09:10:23)

*hick* shutup, just cause mes been hitting the bottle. Sorry i seem to have a problem with my copy and paste button. I would never make  a mistake tongue

We are all humans.  We ALL make mistakes.